It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I witnessed the true face of humanity tonight, i didnt like it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Firstly i would like to ask that you excuse my bad spelling and grammer as i have quite severe dislexia.

Tonight in my english town ( caterham) the fair had oppend for a 50p a ride night. As you can imagin this invitied many different types of people and a few undisirables. As i walkd through i could not help but ponder what type of a man arrives drunk to a childrens fair??

Back to the main point, i had a worrying feeling ( a sudden realisation of my own mortality that to say the least creeped the hell out of me so much me and my friends made our way to queens park just to hang around for the night). It was at this time i received a text message telling me to walk the long way home and not cut through the fair. I thought this was weird and ignored the text.

My friend then recieved a chilling phonecall , 4 people had been stabbed 2 had been bottled and more people were attackd with crow bars IN THE CHILDRENS FUN FAIR

I left almsot imedditaly fearing my mother would worry and think perhaps i had been attacked. In a true ATS act of curiosity i decided to walk through the now crime scene to see 7 AMBULANCES , and a seemingly limitless assortment of police. Drunks were stumbling around the streets and anarchy seemed to run a rampant.

But these next two points are what have really upset me. Not only were the victims mistaken for a rival gang ( they were innocent bistanders) but as i walked through the streets i heard a chav ( basically a 20 year old scumbag who walks around in tracksuits starting fights and seeling drugs) say " Oi bruv did you see the sh** that went down, bare people got shankd- it was jokes"

That pretty much sums up the mentality of the culture choking my nation, to be honest this has quite upset me.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh my gosh..that is just horrible.
I truly don't know what to say.
The true face of humanity though..I dare say I don't like to think of it that way.
For every act such as the one you speak of, there are just as many good and kind things going on in the world..but we never hear of them, never focus on them, because we are constantly bombarded with the negativity that allows those in power to hold us in place using fear as a weapon.
Seek out the positive, and you shall find the true face of humanity.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You raise a good point, its generally been my idea of thinking tonight. It's just strange how in times of desperation people seem to revert to animals. My town isnt exactly known for having dozens of drunks in the streets , i just cant help but wonder what path lies ahead for us all.

As a species we've come so far and yet we havent left this sort of barbaric behaviour behind us, maybey we never will

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dude, that is to say the least infuriating...

I didn't expect that at all. (didn't notice the dyslexia so good job!)

I see people in stores, conveniant ones, and I can't imagine what their I.Q is, to say to the 80 year old woman who's taking some time to get her change together that you're going to "F--- up her family, for being a skanky a## biatch, and yo crew gonna burn her grandkids".

Like how do we pay more attention to Al Qaida, whom rarely attacks us, and these guys who do it daily.

I'm guessing your from Australia?

This is a by product of dumb people having kids, and smart people not. Although it won't turn out like idiocracy, just everyone in a gang, and even more people segregation then imagined.

We need a good base of vigilante justice. These guys just go to prison, recruit more members, get out and start hell all over again.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

Humans evolved from the wild, but the wild didn't evolve out of humans, and for whatever reason our caveman ways seem to be coming back, perhaps it is to save our own butts in a real crisis about to come..I don't know.
Understand this though, the real evil of a drunk is not the man but the alcohol that makes him act that way..and even more so, those who make it and allow it to be sold.
A drunk is as much of a victim.
In times of crisis WE ALL revert to survival mode, and we always will....human instinct. Technology can make our lives simpler, but it can never really change us.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hate to be a cloud, but I think the OP is right. Welcocme to the new world. I wish we could rise above all of this but I seriously doubt it. Too many now, don't see what they can achieve, only what they can GET.
Sad.
Sorry you had to wittness that.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

England actually, and yes i think you raise a very valid point. This new information i just heard from a friend will is just pathetic. Apparently this was a gang from another town who think residents in caterham are "too cocky".

If the carnival is open tommorow - which i doubt. I dread to think how this one night will have effected the usually abundant atmosphere of a community coming together.

I also enjoyed the point you raise about al-qeda , in the west we seem obsessed with fixing outside problems whilst our politicians ( sorry pupets) seem oblivious to the fact that our own destruction looms in the minds of a worrying growing culture choking our country.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
places here in the US are not much better....
We live in an older neighborhood and once this was home to to the so called middle class... now we have gang banger neighbours... drug dealers hang out in the park where the kids play and a couple times a week you can hear gun shoots off in the near distance...

Probably the most mindless act I've seen was the city finally put up some new playground equipment for the little kids... I mean nice stuff too... well it was only up for a few days and over night someone poured gasoline on the swings and slides set fire to the whole thing...why? spite, boredom, maybe they thought it was funny... but that next day I saw little kids 5,6 7, year olds cry their little eyes out...

Well this story had a happy ending we parents and grand parents took up a collection bought new playground equipment and set up a neighbor watch to keep it from happening again... now that old park has been revived as a center piece of the community... but this did take a heartless act to mobilize us to make a change, for the kids

[edit on 12-6-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's awful and discouraging to see the raw underbelly of some folks that only tenuously hold the title of "human" (in my opinion).

I don't think folks like that are indicative of humanity as a whole; It seems to me that what we notice are the extremes on both sides of the spectrum, with the majority cloistered together, honoring the tried-and-true time-tested defense mechanism of the herding instinct.

Occasionally, there are good people like yourself that will speak out against the injustices perpetrated by the few. Maybe some attention will be cast upon the people who thought that this tragedy was funny. Maybe it will be attention they don't want.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Understand this though, the real evil of a drunk is not the man but the alcohol that makes him act that way..and even more so, those who make it and allow it to be sold.
A drunk is as much of a victim.

I must respectfully disagree. Alcohol doesn't turn you into a jerk; it lowers your inhibitions, meaning that if you're already a bastard you're more likely to show it. Alcohol isn't evil, it's just an inanimate object. It's what people do with alcohol that is bad. If you have an alcohol problem, then you should get help; but there are people who enjoy it responsibly and have every right to put in their bodies whatever they want.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Right there is what seems to be wrong with western society these days, we just have too many selfish and mindless people with nothing to do with there lives just begging to destroy. In england we have something called postcode gangs ( postcode being your equivilant to zip codes- i think ). Basically some idiots who fair enough feel proud of there community decide to travel to another post code and start fights- really whats the point? Not only does it shame the rest of the community but it begs the question, "If you like to fight and destroy so much why dont you at the very least join your nations army, even if you dont believe in your politicians actions ( which i dont) at least theres some purpos to it"

P.S

I just wanted to applaud you for gathering the funds to build a new playground for the kids , i hope it stands there for many years to come

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I cant express enough how much i would like morons who find tragedys funny to be named and shamed. In a way i wish i had said something, but to be honest with you being a fifteen year old facing gangs is not bravery i can uphold.

Hopefuly a braver man than i will stand up and put the juvenile idiots in there place, but i doubt it

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It is hard to fathom that a single species can evolve their technology and social structure enough to launch themselves into space and that same species is elsewhere still throwing flint tipped spears at small animals.

This is one reason I have always felt like an Alien in this world. I was drawing spacecraft as a child and at the same time there were bullies that would pick on me that could barely read let alone dream of space flight.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

I guess theres two faces to our species. One is the dark primitive side, and the other is the one of a person who dreams of a better world and wants to be apart of something greater. I hope one day the whole world is made up of the latter.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
It is hard to fathom that a single species can evolve their technology and social structure enough to launch themselves into space and that same species is elsewhere still throwing flint tipped spears at small animals.

Very well put. I have to admit I never thought about it that way.

You have given me a lot to ponder

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Alcohol fuels violence, rape when in the wrong hands.

It's a sick world when something that is the total opposite of alcohol is illegal and alcohol is legal and literally celebrated like it is in Canada.

Molsons runs ads where everybody who is drinking is having a good time- partying, meeting hot chicks, etc and doesn't show the dark side, such as abuse, forced sex, violence, social meltdown.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Hey welcome to any english town or city on a friday or saturday night.

Sorry if it upset you but its going on all over the country.
Horrible chavs messing up the country and its alcohol thats doing it!

I have no answers but at least most of the time they are content with bashing each other although this time it seems innocent people got hurt.
What to do?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Well this story had a happy ending we parents and grand parents took up a collection bought new playground equipment and set up a neighbor watch to keep it from happening again... now that old park has been revived as a center piece of the community... but this did take a heartless act to mobilize us to make a change, for the kids

Congratulations on taking back the community! This is exactly what needs to happen. I grew up in a small town, and gangs and drug dealers were a joke. A couple of times some "gang" graffiti would pop up, or someone's kid would get caught with drugs. The neighbors would look forward to spending the night in their yards or garages or cars waiting for the perpetrators to come back! If they were stupid enough to come back to the neighborhood, they wound up getting beat and arrested. Then police would step up patrols to protect the idiot hoodlums from the citizens!

Sadly, after I moved away, Meth took over the midwest, and PC parenting, whining politicians, frivolous lawsuits, and a lot of transplants from the two coasts came in and liberalized everything! It is still a better environment than where I am now, but it has lost a lot of its identity!

Edit: As for the alcohol, stop being so whiny and projecting blame. If someone drinks too much, that is their mistake. If someone commits crimes or gets violent when on alcohol that is still their mistake. I have known husbands who beat their wives when drunk, but guess what, they were mean the rest of the time too! I have known girls date raped while drinking, but those girls were typically promiscuous and eager to be popular the rest of the time as well.

PLACE THE BLAME WITH THE INDIVIDUALS WHERE IT BELONGS! STOP LOOKING TO BLAME SOME ANONYMOUS ENTITY OR PRODUCT!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We get freaks like this all the time round here. Like the security guard in the Co-Op got his ass beat for bumping into someone... lad came back with his boys and did a number on him.

Bastards who start stuff like this need a good ass whuppin... But OP just remember there always hard with a gang behind them, catch them fu****s one on one and be like "What now?!" They'd crap themselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thats seriously horrible. And I often wonder the same about these children fairs. Its ridiculous.

To add a little story of mine own.

We have a thing called the Hoedown in Detroit every year, its a country music festival where country singer come sing and you walk around and listen to the music and eat good food and just enjoy yourself. Well nearing the end of the night at the Hoedown this year and every year, fight after fight seems to break out. And I seen people walking around with there BABIES in strollers. And its really no place to bring your baby or child because of all the drunk people there.

And also, a drunk girls climbed up on this huge fountain and fell off, luckily she was okay, but the cops were laughing about it and making jokes, and it really wasnt funny. I was disgusted.

All anyone wants to do is have a good time and theres always those bad seeds that seem to make hell of it everytime. Its a shame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join