It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the dumbest threads get the most replies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think it requires more guts and insight to answer to a thought out post or thread. To put your ideas out there at risk of ridicule or neglect is a little different than answering a post on what color skin your aliens have.

Some people are out to get you, put your ideas down. Call you a dreamer or insane for believing something different or for letting others believe what they want.
There are still people out there who are uncomfortable with speaking their alternative mind. I know because I was one of them in the beginning. I don't care so much anymore.

Having someone disagree with me is less painful than I thought.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by boaby_phet

So what DO you do if you've trapped a demon and wish to fight it..? Eh? Everyone KNOWS that the sword must be blessed for it to be effective. C'mon.

i totally never seen this post before, a valid point!

(i just got in, catching up on the thread lolz)

seagrass: thats a spot on annalogy of ats and most Big forums, its all a case of "different strokes for different folks (so get used to it and dont worry about it)"

[edit on 13-6-2009 by boaby_phet]

[edit on 13-6-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

To conclude, here is my opinion on the 'perfect threads', as I have heard them called usually end up with less than 4 pages of replies, and most of those are public "thank yous" and "great job". Because with a perfect thread you get a neutral, empirical, lucid, and generally "all sides covered", or 'closed' piece of research. There is nothing to debate in these cases so you don't have many replies, even if you have A LOT of flags, stars, and applauses'. That is just my take on the whole "thread game" here on ATS.~Justin

That needs to be in some sort of ATS manual mate!

Good one, kiwifoot.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
While you might not have asked the question seriously, you got an answer. Because people particularly enjoy posting to threads they can be emotionally responsive to, and to posters they think they can get an emotional response from.

In other words, if they can be angry, indignant, righteous, etc and expect the same in return, they jump on it like flies on poo.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

do you mean like posts about contraversial issues where their are a que of people ready and waiting to jump in and flame like crazy and preach their own view is the ultimate truth.

if so, i agree ... posts like this dont get that problem, as theirs nothing really emotional to it, just just talk about how forums work, and theirs no real way or point for anyone to come flaming here, as they have nothing to feed their flames. .... i like posts like this for that reason
flame baiters really annoy me in posts here on ats sometimes, as they turn a good discussion into a all out war within a few posts but thats just the nature of forums, and its needed to a small degree to be a good big forum.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Good post - to the OP, good replies too.. and I had been wondering the same thing,

I like to read things that turn me on to new information or ways of looking at things. I also like to encourage those ideas that might help society and make this a better world in the future. I also like the links some of you post. I have found many of the best websites seem to be buried by google...

. I also like to teach. I admire those who make me think.. regardless of what it is as I feel far too much effort is taken to stop thinking in general.

and no one likes arguing with the logic impaired..

But I have learned the hard way that running a chat board is a royal pain... the egos, politics and those with axes to grind can make that a miserable experience and I know my limits having tried it in the past.

And if the Sysadmins read this post, you might want to include "Avoiding Fallacious Argument" in the guidelines. - demanding that kids learn these will proof them against all sorts of con artists regardless of their apparent "authority" AND reduce contentless bickering.

A comment I read from some book I read lately, sorry i forgot which one:
Conversations can help all the participants only if pursued with the intent of helping to establish what the truth is, rather than who or what is "right".

[edit on 13-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

LOL, and the point that Republican08 stated was made in the outcome of my post. For example; it contained quite a bit of information and observation, as well as (I hope well put syntax and grammar) but has no stars,lol. (**Disclaimer: Please do not go back and star it now because I really do not care,lol**). Anyways that proves that sometimes a decent post (or thread) can be read, understood, and liked BUT get no "official praise (ie;stars, flags, etc)..

PS: Thanks for the compliment, I have heard before that some of my things I post should go in a manual,lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i agree with the OP i posted a really heartfelt thread We Must Rebel and Soon and had 1 reply in a week. I'm furious I have been stonewalled by ATS like that.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

I was one of the four who flagged and stared it.

Sometimes you must deal with the system, I mean ATS is a great place but it is still occupied by the masses. So things like what happened to your thread will happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
or you reply to9 a thread,,, and your the lastr reply,,,,, or after your reply the thread totally dies,,,,,
i feel left out, sorta

as if my opinion didn't matter,,,, and my say was overlooked or not even worth a reply or reading

i started a thread about the bailout,,, i thought was rather important,,,, and one about a bad cop,,,, but was less important,,, but one that needed to be in the public eye,,,, if for just the sake of knowing it happened

the bailout got a few looks and one reply,,, the cop one went 3 pages

go figure

heck i will probasbly be the last reply here,,, if my luck serves me,,, which is none

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
and go figure,,, a thread with no info,,, or any actual news goes 4 pages,,, and yet your important one is collecting dust right???

i guess when you ask for opinions,,, just like butt holes,,, everyone has one right?????

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Jesus said it best.

"Though you have eye's to see, you are more blind than a blind man."

"If a blind man follows another blind man they are both doomed to fall into a pit."

This is why after being here at ATS for over 4 years, I am now seriously thinking of calling it quits with ATS. The members here either seem to be getting dumber and dumber or there are allot of people coming here to spread dis-information.

I don't blame all members, as there are some of yous with intelligence.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by BugByte]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Perhaps its time to have flags indicating

Tin foil content
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/43ab90b344d1c527.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by kiwifoot

LOL, and the point that Republican08 stated was made in the outcome of my post. For example; it contained quite a bit of information and observation, as well as (I hope well put syntax and grammar) but has no stars,lol. (**Disclaimer: Please do not go back and star it now because I really do not care,lol**). Anyways that proves that sometimes a decent post (or thread) can be read, understood, and liked BUT get no "official praise (ie;stars, flags, etc)..

PS: Thanks for the compliment, I have heard before that some of my things I post should
go in a manual,lol.

Arrgh mate it was like one in the morning and I was preoccupied with Big Unit in the 911 threads! You know I'm going to!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i absolutly agree, ive seen threads closed on really good topics merely because there was one made a year earlier about it... but stupid `i have amazing evidence ill brb in a week` threads seem to get tons of exposure

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join