Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Top 10 Reasons People Hate Americans

page: 7
8
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65
 


You really can't see it,can you.


Of the approximate ten-thousand six hundred men who fought north of the River, only two thousand three hundred and ninety-eight returned.

Of the rest, including the Polish Brigade south of the Rhine and men who died in captivity, as a result of their wounds or other causes until the end of 1944, one thousand four hundred and eighty-five men had died, and six thousand four hundred and fourteen were taken prisoner, of whom about one-third were wounded.

Official German figures record that they suffered three thousand three hundred casualties in the Arnhem area, with one thousand three hundred of that number killed.

It is certain, however, that these figures are a highly conservative estimate, and further investigations have accounted for at least one thousand seven hundred and twenty-five German dead, and as many as six thousand wounded.

The estimated number of total deaths during the Battle therefore, including four hundred and fifty-three civilians and four hundred and seventy-four aircrew, is in excess of four thousand one hundred


Well,do you think it was an appropriate retort?

[edit on 18/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]




posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Reasons 1-10 that people hate Americans - JEALOUSY.
They deny it ... but that's it. That's all the top ten reasons.
That's the truth, if they know it or not.

here come the flames ...

I think that's another reason people keep hating, because they see americans thinking that other countries are jealous when most really are not, which makes americans seem like they got huge egos and that they think they are better than the rest of the world, when they are not, which makes americans seem arrogant.

Also I think some people think the whole Patriot thing somestimes goes too far, and makes americans look brainwashed, and too proud, they seem to see themselves as americans more than human, like they forget that they are human like the rest of the world, if it's american, it's worth more attitude.

Anyway this is not how I think, I look at people as individuals so this subject never enters my mind really.



[edit on 18-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
You really can't see it,can you.


Of the approximate ten-thousand six hundred men who fought north of the River, only two thousand three hundred and ninety-eight returned. Of the rest, including the Polish Brigade south of the Rhine and men who died in captivity, as a result of their wounds or other causes until the end of 1944, one thousand four hundred and eighty-five men had died, and six thousand four hundred and fourteen were taken prisoner, of whom about one-third were wounded. Official German figures record that they suffered three thousand three hundred casualties in the Arnhem area, with one thousand three hundred of that number killed. It is certain, however, that these figures are a highly conservative estimate, and further investigations have accounted for at least one thousand seven hundred and twenty-five German dead, and as many as six thousand wounded. The estimated number of total deaths during the Battle therefore, including four hundred and fifty-three civilians and four hundred and seventy-four aircrew, is in excess of four thousand one hundred


Well late,do you think it was an appropriate retort?


Actually, yes. We might have been late, but Arnhem takes the cake for screw-ups. (At least it's in the Top Ten; Kasserine Pass being a very close second).

Monty stepped on his junk with golf shoes when he planned Market Garden, getting an entire division plus support wiped out.

Not counting the casualities that the American Airborne divisions suffered, including my Grandfather being wounded at Nijmegen.

So, any more World War Two history you'd care to discuss? Probably want to take it to another thread, since we are driving this one off topic.



[edit on 18-6-2009 by jerico65]



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65
 


You are being the stereo type to a tee.

What must your fellow countrymen be thinking reading this?
A tut and a shaking of the head I would think.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
You are being the stereo type to a tee.

What must your fellow countrymen be thinking reading this?
A tut and a shaking of the head I would think.


Look in the mirror lately?

So, you're under the impression that an American confronted with behavior like that from your Countrymen should do what?

And I wouldn't expect an Englishman to stand by and just let someone bash his country, either.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65
 


Either you have a bad attitude in general,or you have been sinking a few tins.

Whichever it is I am not stooping to your level,the level the retort you made stooped to.

That is no different than someone saying twin towers back at you for a silly jibe
you made.

If you still do not get it,then I give up.

[edit on 18/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Majestic23
Nobody in England blames America for getting involved in the war too late or too early......


Really? That's why the English that I ran into in Germany always called Americans, "Late", as in, "Hey, Late". I found out it was because we entered WW2 "late".

It was easy to shut them up. All it took was one word.

Arnhem



It'd a wonder the English didn't reply by saying, "Vietnam!".

Seriously, are you kidding me with this? You sound like you're one of the few, extremely rare, Americans who learn their history from Hollywood and their morals from good old George W Bush!



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seniord60

Originally posted by mpriebe81
For anybody who is going to come into this thread and defend our country as if it is the most wonderful place in the world--cut the crap, seriously. You say free capitalism, I say corporate capitalism to the nth degree, state-sponsored terrorism, un-educated and ill-informed citizenry, a culture of materialism and hero worship, and in many ways a cesspool of morally corrupt self-obsessed a-holes.

I love the natural beauty that can be found here, and I love what this country is supposed to stand for, but I hate what we have become and where it seems that we are headed.

Ok, I'll say it. It is the most wonderful place in the world. Who has more freedom? who has more protection? who has more rights? We arent
perfect, not even close. But, there is not a better place on earth.


yes there is....Australia!
haha

Look, there is nothing wrong with loving your country and thinking it is the best place on earth. Most of us feel that way about whatever county we are from because thats our home and we feel a connection to it that inspires loyalty at every level.

I wont speak for anyone except myself when I say that I dont hate Americans. I dont hate any race or country. There is good and bad eveywhere and its "hate", "jealousy" and "fear" that creates most of the bad things in this world..not one paricular county or peoples.

Thats my two cents.



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
Either you have a bad attitude in general,or you have been sinking a few tins.

Whichever it is I am not stooping to your level,the level the retort you made stooped to.

That is no different than someone saying twin towers back at you for a silly jibe
you made.

If you still do not get it,then I give up.


Sorry about that. Didn't see any reason why a bunch of English squaddies had a right to try to bust the chops of Americans. Guess they just weren't as hard as they wish they were.

Sad, really, since the other 99% of the British troops I've dealt with have been outstanding Soldiers.



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

It'd a wonder the English didn't reply by saying, "Vietnam!".


Yeah, that would really cut me to the quick.
How's that "Hollywood History" working out for you?


Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Seriously, are you kidding me with this? You sound like you're one of the few, extremely rare, Americans who learn their history from Hollywood and their morals from good old George W Bush!


Hmmmm....A bunch of Brits get mouthy to Americans who were just out and about. And you're questioning my morals?? Looks like you're a no-go at this station, too.



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm American, and there's a lot about this country and it's population that I'm not real impressed with. What I find ironic about the whole idea of the rest of the world hating us is the fact that we are the rest of the world. This country was created and developed by the people of nearly every other country on the planet. Europeans, Africans, Chinese, pretty much everyone had a hand in making the US what it is today.

When citizens of other countries say that they hate America/Americans they are actually hating, in some part anyway, their own country. If not for the addition of their own countrymen to our population we would not be the same country we are today.

This goes especially for Europeans, due to the fact that they were the ones who started this "grand experiment" that we now call the United States.

So if/when the fine people of other countries start in on the "I hate America" bandwagon, be sure to save some of that hatred for your own country for the part you played in making our country as good or as bad as it is today.



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think people are taught to hate, influenced by others, indoctrinated from childhood.

Seems to be my theme today.

brainwashed.

I always had issues with authority figures, and trust,



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

This goes especially for Europeans, due to the fact that they were the ones who started this "grand experiment" that we now call the United States.

So if/when the fine people of other countries start in on the "I hate America" bandwagon, be sure to save some of that hatred for your own country for the part you played in making our country as good or as bad as it is today.


Hip Hip Hooray!
Cheers.



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm really getting tired of being told why America is horrible and why I should hate the country I was born in. SHUT UP!

I'm surprised that no one ever mentions the total arrogance needed to fabricate this fantasy that America is so unspeakably great that EVERY nation in the world hates us.

My family came over on the Mayflower, there was NOTHING here but a bunch of trees and some Indians, in as little as 300 years my family and those of other Americans built this great nation into the super power it is now.

It wasn't like it was handed to us, we had to fight multiple wars to keep it, we had to sacrifice sons and brothers, endure horrible conditions, do back breaking sometimes deadly work, we had to build this nation with our own hands and you know what?

Thats what makes us Americans!!!!!

I'm not ashamed of my Country, I don't feel bad because other people don't like us and I sure as hell will never turn into one of those self loathing Americans who might as well move to Canada anyway.

If we had lost the Cold War then there would be articles about the "Top Ten Reasons the World Hates Russia".

I'm not usually the blind patriot type but I've had it up to here with people trying to make me feel guilty for being a citizen of the greatest nation on the face of this Earth, especially when we object louder than anyone when our Government does something we don't approve of and we're able to object because of our wonderful American freedoms!



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux
 






I'm really getting tired of being told why America is horrible and why I should hate the country I was born in. SHUT UP!


I know how you feel.



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Forgive me if I have missed sarcasm here.



Originally posted by Shadowflux
I'm really getting tired of being told why America is horrible and why I should hate the country I was born in. SHUT UP!


Why dont you just bomb them until they shut up!


Originally posted by Shadowflux I'm surprised that no one ever mentions the total arrogance needed to fabricate this fantasy that America is so unspeakably great that EVERY nation in the world hates us.


Freudian slip much?


Originally posted by ShadowfluxMy family came over on the Mayflower, there was NOTHING here but a bunch of trees and some Indians, in as little as 300 years my family and those of other Americans built this great nation into the super power it is now.


Nothing but a pretty peaceful and highly enlightened race of people who didnt take from the world anymore than they needed. Who you murdered. Whats this? Nothing but a few Indians? Do you know how arrogant THAT statement actually is?

Here is another reason Americans think so highly of themselves on the whol. You arent taught your real history. Sometimes Americans dont even learn about the forming of the West properly until university level.

They werent taught that they commited virtual genocide and atrocities almost too sickening to mention to make their great country, can you tell me about the Sand Creek Massacre?


Originally posted by ShadowfluxIt wasn't like it was handed to us, we had to fight multiple wars to keep it, we had to sacrifice sons and brothers, endure horrible conditions, do back breaking sometimes deadly work, we had to build this nation with our own hands and you know what?

Thats what makes us Americans!!!!!


Yes, your nation was built on the exploitation of it own people. Same for most every other country in the world. You must get over this inflated national ego.



Originally posted by ShadowfluxI'm not ashamed of my Country, I don't feel bad because other people don't like us and I sure as hell will never turn into one of those self loathing Americans who might as well move to Canada anyway.


Why should anyone feel any type of emotion for their country? It is a trick of indoctrination.


Originally posted by ShadowfluxIf we had lost the Cold War then there would be articles about the "Top Ten Reasons the World Hates Russia".


Nobody wins or loses wars, wars are fabrications of leaders and are used for power play.

But you bring up another great point. Nobody cares if you are the biggest superpower in the world or not ( it is questionable at this moment wheter America is the actually is number one or not at this moment).

Plus think about it, really try to comprehend this question. Why would anybody dislike a country just for being a superpower?

The wouldant.


Originally posted by ShadowfluxI'm not usually the blind patriot type but I've had it up to here with people trying to make me feel guilty for being a citizen of the greatest nation on the face of this Earth, especially when we object louder than anyone when our Government does something we don't approve of and we're able to object because of our wonderful American freedoms!


You arent a free country. You bring up another great point.

Americans are always touting their freedom. You arent free, you just have the illusion of freedom (again we see this mindset I was talking about earlier, how many times have you said to an unawakened person, "its not freedom, its the illusion of freedom")?



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23
 


lol

You're going to have to try harder than that to get me to turn on the country my family built. I know we have short comings and we've done a few things that are regrettable in the right light but I still have enough back bone to stand up for this great nation.

If you don't think we're free than I'm afraid you haven't spent enough time here. Just ask people in any number of countries controlled by an oppressive regime and they will tell you the same; America is the land of the free!

I must say, that I feel as though I am freer than you are as I am able to create my own opinions and then voice them through any medium I desire. I am able to live by my ideas and opinions and defend them because I am free.

If you want to hate America than go right ahead, I'd just suggest you don't ever try and live here.

What country do you live in by the way?



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
I must say, that I feel as though I am freer than you are as I am able to create my own opinions and then voice them through any medium I desire. I am able to live by my ideas and opinions and defend them because I am free.


Oh that's it, I forgot we couldn't do that. I suppose I am so used to waiting for my posts to be approved by the Government censors that I just plain forgot that only in the USA can you freely have an opinion and use whatever medium to spread it.

Silly me...



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


I didn't mean that you have to wait for political approval, I meant that I personally have the mental, spiritual and philosophical capacity to generate my own concept of a free and successful life and am able to implement and live by it regardless of societal or political opinion. More over, being an American I have the right and freedom to live my life accordingly without fear of government intervention as long as I'm not hurting anyone else. In addition, I have the judicial ability to argue and appeal my case if the government does decide to intervene.

I think the number one reason people say they hate America so much is because of how strongly we Americans love our nation.

(And yes, our nation is not the government, it's the land, people and way of life)



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
lol
You're going to have to try harder than that to get me to turn on the country my family built.


Turn you on your own country? Why would I want to do that?
I am trying to tell you why I think this current "animosity" Americans seem to be reporting is evident. That is all.


Originally posted by ShadowfluxI know we have short comings and we've done a few things that are regrettable in the right light but I still have enough back bone to stand up for this great nation.


It takes no back bone to follow the majority, it takes a lot of backbone to admit that you are set in a mindset that is fundamentally not logical.


Originally posted by ShadowfluxIf you don't think we're free than I'm afraid you haven't spent enough time here. Just ask people in any number of countries controlled by an oppressive regime and they will tell you the same; America is the land of the free!


Again you are seeing the argument you want to have rather than the one posed. I dont think you are free anymore or any less than any other country. But it is ignorant to boast that you are free when you clearly are not.
It does not matter that you are not in a direct dictatorship, you are in a covery one, again it is the illusion of freedom. My time in America is not relative, does my quite small time in America discount all the factual evidence that you are not a free country?


Originally posted by ShadowfluxI must say, that I feel as though I am freer than you are as I am able to create my own opinions and then voice them through any medium I desire. I am able to live by my ideas and opinions and defend them because I am free.


Why am I not able to do that? I do not live in China. Furthermore you bring up yet another great point. You are not able to say anything you like in any medium in America. There have been many websites taken down because of their intellectual content.


Originally posted by ShadowfluxIf you want to hate America than go right ahead, I'd just suggest you don't ever try and live here.


You clearly have not read any of my posts. I have explained I do not hate America many times.
Actually I do plan to move to America. I do not agree with your suggestion. It is also irrelevant to the argument at hand.


Originally posted by ShadowfluxWhat country do you live in by the way?


England.





new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join