It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons People Hate Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
uhm what there backed up right there in the statement you speak terribly of americans it gets worse as the thread continues i point it out and you say im running from a debate

"Boo Hoo, it's my ball and I'm taking it home now!"

im no child my friend and believe me i would never back away from a debate with a hateful finger pointing person like yourself. . .

however i would also never stoop so low as to call an entire people ignorant, your tactless and childlike, and you show a great deal of narrowmindedness. . .

not all americans are the same we're not all ignorant and unworldly and that i think is the heart of the problem. . . . . ignorance on the behalf of narrowminded people like you who have nothing better to do than blame and point fingers seems to be the norm for a good deal of the entire world population. . . .

no wait that can't be true and its not the enitire world isnt ignorant and hateful it just seems the ignorant make the most noise

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bong Sau

Originally posted by mjfromga
While we consist of fifty states, Europe is seven geographic regions:

It's that 'Royal' we at the heart of your problem.

You are no different to anyone!

Now I understand! Everything's copasetic if I use a term such as "citizens of the United States" but must refrain from using the two-letter word WE as this is considered the Royal We (speaking for others without consent such as a monarch might do). As it is an historically correct statement that the US consists of 50 states, I wasn't aware I needed to take a poll before making said statement. I'll make certain to be more cognizant of this faux pas in the future. We wouldn't want to start WWIII now, would we?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
uhm what there backed up right there in the statement you speak terribly of americans it gets worse as the thread continues i point it out and you say im running from a debate

"Boo Hoo, it's my ball and I'm taking it home now!"

im no child my friend and believe me i would never back away from a debate with a hateful finger pointing person like yourself. . .

however i would also never stoop so low as to call an entire people ignorant, your tactless and childlike, and you show a great deal of narrowmindedness. . .

not all americans are the same we're not all ignorant and unworldly and that i think is the heart of the problem. . . . . ignorance on the behalf of narrowminded people like you who have nothing better to do than blame and point fingers seems to be the norm for a good deal of the entire world population. . . .

no wait that can't be true and its not the enitire world isnt ignorant and hateful it just seems the ignorant make the most noise

...Again;

Project much?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

True, the actions that took place in the past cannot be undone, but it is a very large error to assume that the results of those actions cannot be changed. I cannot undo the loss of freedom, but I can regain it.

While it is true that everyone has their history and many people have had their lands taken, Native Americans are unique on the planet in that we were systematically driven from an entire continent. No other continent has been so thoroughly ethnically cleansed, save perhaps Australia. On no other continent have so many peoples been completely exterminated. On no other continent is there not a single independent aboriginal nation, save perhaps South America. No other ethnic group has been so thoroughly deprived of political representation in the international arena.

By treaty, First Nations were promised their eventual political independance, yet I see absolutely no willingness upon the part of either the American government or the American people to honor the commitment made.

But this is a digression, and doesn't change my point: anti-Americanism is driven more by disappointment than jealousy. I know jealousy is more palatable, but it isn't as true as disappointment, and is the lazy viewpoint that requires no self-reflection or change of behavior.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well WTH did you think was going to happen when you start a thread like this.

honestly i thought maybe there could be some decent discussion as to the reasons for this hate. . . i expected some heat. . . i perhaps i misguaged how i truely felt about such sweeping generalizations of the people and country i truely care about and fear for

some statements have just been so narrow minded. relating all americans to the public face the media and federal government puts on america seems like a stance that anyone who truely wants to "deny ignorance' would not readily adopt

perhaps i expect to much

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think the truth is much more base than anyone seems to be centering upon. We evolved to have both ego (self interest) and some very competetive - territorial tendencies. Since these instincts no longer serve us as hunters they rise up elsewhere. I mean this thread could just as easily be called "Why Westerners Hate Islam", "Why Democrats Hate Republicans", or "Why Catholics Hate Protestants". We simply tend to seek out differences from one another and then focus upon them, when thought of as generalizations, in negative ways. I can say I hate everybody from group "A" and feel as though I mean it. But, in reality, if I were actually exposed to several individuals who belonged to group "A" I would have a much more difficult time hating them. At this stage of our society most bias is considered socially unacceptable. We can't be racist or sexist in most cultures. Nationalism, for now, is a safe way for people to engage in hate without stigma.

Take away the trappings and cultural dogma and we're all basically the same underneath.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seniord60
Ok, I'll say it. It is the most wonderful place in the world. Who has more freedom? who has more protection? who has more rights? We arent
perfect, not even close. But, there is not a better place on earth.

Switzerland?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

You are correct...you are passionate in your beliefs and have right to be so. No person wants their heritage to be destroyed. Having lived in the lower Midwestern states for a number of years, I got to know quite a few people of Native American heritage. Yet they are much like the modern American in dress, attitude, and lifestyle. But then again, that is their choice, perhaps believing their lives would be more fruitful if they followed the majority? My father turned his back on his Danish heritage when his family moved here -- the old melting pot mandate -- yet I know that I can always contact relatives in the old country if I want information. I can't even imagine having most of your culture expunged, except for the traditionalists fighting valiantly to see that it does not happen. I wish you well.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I think the truth is much more base than anyone seems to be centering upon. We evolved to have both ego (self interest) and some very competetive - territorial tendencies. Since these instincts no longer serve us as hunters they rise up elsewhere. I mean this thread could just as easily be called "Why Westerners Hate Islam", "Why Democrats Hate Republicans", or "Why Catholics Hate Protestants". We simply tend to seek out differences from one another and then focus upon them, when thought of as generalizations, in negative ways. I can say I hate everybody from group "A" and feel as though I mean it. But, in reality, if I were actually exposed to several individuals who belonged to group "A" I would have a much more difficult time hating them. At this stage of our society most bias is considered socially unacceptable. We can't be racist or sexist in most cultures. Nationalism, for now, is a safe way for people to engage in hate without stigma.

Take away the trappings and cultural dogma and we're all basically the same underneath.

Good point -- you might be onto something there.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would just like to say, that although I can understand why there would be certain..anomosities..directed towards the US, that it's generally not reciprocated.

We really tend to love Europeans. For the most part, we see you as sophisticated, savvy, and very creative. Parts of your cultures fascinate us. We cook your recipes. Our fashion ususally comes from London. And I could go on and on. I really could.

And the accents. Oh, we love those.

Remember when you talk to us about our country, that we do, for the most part, love our country too. And the "bully" part I can understand.
Perhaps we should mind our own business a little more, I agree.

But it's not US. It's mostly our government. America will go down kicking and screaming before it loses it's "#1 Superpower status.
A whole lot of mentalities will have to change before that happens.

I wish that weren't so important to so many people here, but it is, or it sure seems that way.

But EU as the gutter? NO WAY.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hollywood.

The rewriting of history to satisfy the demands of the box office.

Every story has a happy ending in Hollywood!

And ET will always visit USA to find the world's leaders!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There will never be agreement on why the US is despised so , not between the haters and the hated anyway . Usually , you have to go to the haters to ascertain the reasons wherefore they are so pre disposed against , but on this question the hated has all the answers . It is jealousy , it is because of their freedoms and their rights and their famous inventors . When europeans hear this, they look at each other in mutual bewilderment , everyone is thinking along serious social , economic , political and world event dynamics for the rift and the next thing is we get the american freedom thing thrown into the equation . Nobody gives a #e for their freedoms , but they will never be convinced of that . It is a reality shift paradigm once you cross the US border , everything takes on a whole new perspective based on all these abstract aspirational ideals that are not anywhere related to european pragmatic interpretations , and the whole whys and wherefores on why they are hated falls down somewhere in the chasm in-between .

I know the US can never stop harping on about freedoms, but you would think at least one of them that has any power would drop a hint to the government or whoever that it isn't exactly singularly peculiar to the US alone and maybe they want to drop it as it is a little embarrassing to keep on persevering with . But they don't, they carry on brazen and regardless despite the ridicule .

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I'm sorry, but, whenever you start a thread based around HATE, you should expect it to be returned 10-fold.

Karma I guess.

Hate is a rather strong word and incites nothing but the same in return.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm from Scotland. I don't hate Americans cause Americans are just like me! Regardless of where we live in this world, how we speak, what we believe in, what color or colour we are it doesn't matter. We are all from the same race.....HUMAN! No big deal!! We just have to live together in a way that we do not destroy each other. We all have 1 life,. Why can't we live our 1 life in peace!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Thank you for your comments. You are absolutely right. Another poster wrote something to the effect of a book needs to be written on how poorly Americans have managed their affairs, blah blah blah, citing something or other about how it would help our children. No, no no. We have those books already. We call them "history books".

THIS is the book that should be written. Your idealism is like fresh air on this thread. Scots rule.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I always wanted to visit all European nations, along with Canada and its provinces. There are stupid people everywhere, and I would imagine that the smart ones of ANY country would welcome a tourist...after all, they are spending their money in your neighborhood.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't hate Americans but there are a few, and I've come across them many times, who feel that simply being American makes them superior to everyone else. I think Lewis Black gets the message across perfectly;

www.youtube.com...

I think it's okay to be patriotic and proud of your country but some take it a little bit too far.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't hate Americans but there are a few, and I've come across them many times, who feel that simply being American makes them superior to everyone else. I think Lewis Black gets the message across perfectly;

www.youtube.com...

I think it's okay to be patriotic and proud of your country but some take it a little bit too far.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

www.youtube.com...

You liked what you said so much you had to say it twice? LOL! "I'm the greatest # here...." I always wondered what happened to one of my old bosses -- now I know! This is a great video -- thanks!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If you notice thou, the Americans that are the 'greater than thou' types are always knuckle dragging neanderthals that have probably got a complex anyway for perhaps being inferior amongst their peers for some reason ( low intellect perhaps) and thus try to make up for it , bragging to belgians and such about their freedoms . And then get smacked around the head by their m(o)m for staying on the internet too long .

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Drexl]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join