It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons People Hate Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Btw, there are roughly 1 to 2 million people going homeless in the US of A every night. Shouldn't we help them first?

Yes, we should be helping our own people first! I was never, and will never, be in favor of helping others while our own suffer.

Here's the thing, people:

America is simply the tallest pygmy.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Btw, there are roughly 1 to 2 million people going homeless in the US of A every night. Shouldn't we help them first?

I agree with that.

For the record, I don't hate America, nor Americans.
It irritates me when I see people touting the government lines, who have never left their porch, let alone their state or country.

America, stay where you are, sort yourselves out, stop funding the evil bankers by supporting international issues that are none of your business and everyone else can do the same.

You ain't 'holier than thou', which is about as kind as I'll be about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Have you ever noticed the absolute scores of people that attend concerts, signings, sightings, etc. when AMERICAN CELEBRITIES visit? I mean, c'mon.

If nobody supported all of these celebrities, and bought all of their clothes, perfume, skin cream, whatever....they would be out of business.

Hell, Russia has an image of Brad Pitt in their highways to prevent speeding!

PS - I've never seen the Queen of England dressed poorly. France's first lady is known SOLELY for her style. Berlusconi has the speech habits of Bush but the labido of Clinton.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bong Sau

of course we spend tons of money on military projects. . . take a look around all these other countries salivating over the us economic decline. . . makes me glad we have strong military. . . . everyone loves to see bad things happen to america, so of course we are gonna be ready when the vultures (which is really what the rest of the world is) come.

The world does seem to hate us deeply(and superficially), but they cant keep their hands out of our cookie jar. . . . and if you ask me when it comes to exporting pop culture japan is just as bad as the US if not worse. . . lived there for 4 years (loved it btw)

It makes me sick to hear all you say oh americans are stupid and uninformed. . . hell take a freakin look around thats pretty much how it is on the streets of every modernized country.

We arent the only kid on the block with our heads in the clouds but by god we'll take the flak. . . i guess it is convienient when trying to ignore ones own flaws to have something to point your finger at

evil bankers good one. arent the rothschilds the evilest of all bankers Brits. . . .

[edit on 13-6-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Why would any country in their right mind salivate over the US economic decline? I mean think about it, we're the number 1 consumers of almost EVERYTHING here in the US.....if we go under, who's going to buy all of those Chinese and Malaysian doodads??

If our leaders were truly wise, they would CUT alot of the military spending and focus on actually FIXING the problems in this country instead of spouting rhetoric and applying what amounts to giant bandaids on all of our problems. Our infrastructures are crumbling, our job market is on the decline, small businesses are going under left and right, our system of education is in the crapper, etc etc etc.....but yeah, let's spend even MORE on new and more interesting ways to kill people.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seniord60
Name one country whose citezenry, or government does more to help others.

Is it me, or are there ulterior motives involved when we're "helping" other countries?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by seniord60
Name one country whose citezenry, or government does more to help others.

Is it me, or are there ulterior motives involved when we're "helping" other countries?

That's a good point.....and yeah, there are almost certainly ulterior motives every time we decide to "Liberate" another population from it's "evil oppressors". Saddam wasn't a very nice guy, but at least the water and electric were running before we decided to "Liberate" the Iraqis.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i understand that econimic decline in the US mawssively effects the world but that hasnt seemed to stop all the America had it coming mentality. . .

it seems to me that watching america suffer and engage in endless political infighting is one of the worlds favorite spectator sports. . .

a return to isolationism would be fantastic imo. The world claims to hate americas global police policies, but when SHTF they expect us to help, i'd rather know our soldiers have superior equipment going into these types of engagments.

if the world really wants the US to stop getting involved then perhaps they should stop expecting us to do so on their behalf

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

of course we spend tons of money on military projects. . . take a look around all these other countries salivating over the us economic decline. . . makes me glad we have strong military. . . . everyone loves to see bad things happen to america, so of course we are gonna be ready when the vultures (which is really what the rest of the world is) come.

Don't you understand?
The people who are REALLY in charge of America, profit from the arms trade and taxing you schmucks that buy their jingoism hook line and sinker!

It makes me sick to hear all you say oh americans are stupid and uninformed.

Talking to me?
I'm not the one making generalizations.
You are!

We arent the only kid on the block with our heads in the clouds but by god we'll take the flak. . . i guess it is convienient when trying to ignore ones own flaws to have something to point your finger at

The thread topic is what?

evil bankers good one. arent the rothschilds the evilest of all bankers Brits. . . .

Exactly.
It's not about Nations or what silly accent you have.
It's about 'uniting' people, not falling for divisionary tactics.

*cough Rockefellers.

You need to do some more research, before giving yourself a chocolate medal.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga
reply to post by Bong Sau

I find it interesting that the historical plight of Native Americans and the enslavement of African Americans is regularly brought up as some insinuation that the United State’s citizenry isn’t quite legitimate and must somehow be evil. Sorry Bud, but what happened generations ago cannot be undone, and Native Americans and blacks are as much a part of our nation as the rest of us. In fact, I think you would be amazed if given genetic tests, just how large of a percentage of our population is of mixed race. When there’s a war, young black men, red men, and yellow men fight and die alongside the white man…and our pooling blood looks the same.

By the way, are you suggesting that if North Korea should attack Japan, South Korea, or the state of Alaska, it is our own fault? Just curious…

I find it amusing/amazing that some Americans are always saying "the past can't be undone" whenever Native American issues are raised. Sorry, but it isn't so: I, for one, am not going to "get over" the loss of my nation's freedom to the Americans. I have spoken for freedom my entire life, and will work until I die to see my people free again. As an American, would you simply accept it if someone successfully invaded and imposed a vastly different way of life upon you? I doubt it. So why would you expect us to give up, ever?

Yes, I fought for this country, but that doesn't mean I accept the idea of permanent subjugation. Before I am an American, I am an Apache; I will always be Apache first and always look for ways to recover what was lost. I am not alone...there are Navaho, Cheyenne, Sioux, Kiowa, Seminole, Cherokee, Mohawk and many others from every First Nation who feel as strongly as I.

I don't hate America, but I understand why others do. It's not jealousy but disappointment: America has reneged on its promise, failed to uphold the dream, has shown that it doesn't believe in its own ideals...nothing turns love to hate quicker than hypocrisy and lies told by the one you love. And for a long time, the world loved America.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
yeah nice disection of my post and completely off. . . .

of course i know that the us government is the worlds biggest arms dealer. . . but i also know that having a decent military isnt the worst idea in the world

Stop selling arms to other countries and stirring up strife so your fat-cats can profit by it, cos that's what actually goes on.

whos generalizing. . . .well the above statement would seem to say that in a general sweeping sence its the average american citizen that is selling these arms. . . .

Indeed, so why do you somehow think you have some moral/positional highground over the rest of the world.

i dont and most americans dont either what was that about generalizing?

i know its got to be about more than just countires its about uniting. . . but its not the american people who are spewing the devisive rhetoric and thats what this whole discussion is about. . .

americans often hate what their government is doing, the citizenry wants to move on past all the crap, but still the world judges us by our past and our citizens by what they see on tv they look at our leaders and paint the rest of us with the same brush

how can it ever be about the world being united if everyone in the world judges americans and measures them in this way followed by turning up their nose or pointing their finger

when was the last time you saw an article about how horrible Britain or France or Germany or Spain or Italy is? These are some of the oldest and bloodiest countries in the western world. . .

when judged by the past and by its leaders and its human rights dealings the way way america is, or looked upon in a pop culture judged by tv sort of way wouldnt there be just as many reasons for the world to hate them?

I hate the divided world it pains me to see mankind self-destruct. . . but mostly it angers me that people can sit back and say well its Americas fault or america is morely bankrupt or america this america that. . .

i dont see what everyone else is doing to unite the world as a people under something other than a bank run global hedgefund. . . you want to point the finger and watch the world go up in flames as long as no blame is on anyone but america

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

I find it amusing/amazing that some Americans are always saying "the past can't be undone" whenever Native American issues are raised. Sorry, but it isn't so: I, for one, am not going to "get over" the loss of my nation's freedom to the Americans. I have spoken for freedom my entire life, and will work until I die to see my people free again. As an American, would you simply accept it if someone successfully invaded and imposed a vastly different way of life upon you? I doubt it. So why would you expect us to give up, ever?

Yes, I fought for this country, but that doesn't mean I accept the idea of permanent subjugation. Before I am an American, I am an Apache; I will always be Apache first and always look for ways to recover what was lost. I am not alone...there are Navaho, Cheyenne, Sioux, Kiowa, Seminole, Cherokee, Mohawk and many others from every First Nation who feel as strongly as I.

I don't hate America, but I understand why others do. It's not jealousy but disappointment: America has reneged on its promise, failed to uphold the dream, has shown that it doesn't believe in its own ideals...nothing turns love to hate quicker than hypocrisy and lies told by the one you love. And for a long time, the world loved America.

I've been looking at the three paragraphs in this post for quite some time now and they combine into one of the strongest and most relevant statements I have ever seen online.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Ahhh, but you are making so many assumptions. How can you know that those US citizens who espouse certain views you disagree with are ignorant fools who have never left their porch let alone seen any of the world or read a book (I’m sure if I looked diligently enough I would find a “fat” and “spoiled” in your writings as well)? Your arrogance amazes me. Do you have any idea just how large this country is? The earth’s sixth largest continent, Europe, is about four million square miles in size, and covers an area just a little larger than the United States. While we consist of fifty states, Europe is seven geographic regions: British Isles (UK & Ireland); Scandinavia (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark); Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Italy, Malta, San Marino, and Vatican City); Central Europe (German Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Poland, and Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary); Southeastern Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, and the European part of Turkey); Easter Europe (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, the European part of Russia Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan); Western Europe (France Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Monaco).

How can you presume the surf shop owner in LA is the same as the jeweler in NYC, the card dealer in Vegas, the professor at Ames, the rancher outside of OKC, the shrimper in Bar Harbor, the gang member is DC, the farmer in Lincoln, the IT tech in Seattle, the plumber in Clovis, or the teacher in Atlanta? Is a citizen of Sarajevo like the one in Paris? Is an old lady in Copenhagen interchangeable with one in Rome? Yet people from other nations want to group us together as though we are some homogenous population. I think you have seen a few too many YouTube videos where some cretin went out onto the streets of NYC to ask questions and edited out all but the most asinine responses and presented them to the world as typical. We all know there are those in this country who are dumb as dirt (every country has those) and Hollywood promotes that fallacy – after all, Married with Children is a lot more fun than our National Geographic specials. But, don’t make the mistake of thinking the US isn’t full of talented, well-read, well-traveled, and hardworking people who are trying to make their world a better place. Yes, we are one country and have one federal government. Many of us work together. But, we are not all the same. You really do not have a clue.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by mjfromga]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

yeah nice disection of my post and completely off. . . .

of course i know that the us government is the worlds biggest arms dealer. . . but i also know that having a decent military isnt the worst idea in the world

Well hang on a mo....
You were the most charitable a minute ago!
How do you equate the two?

well the above statement would seem to say that in a general sweeping sence its the average american citizen that is selling these arms.

Equal footing.
You make the generalization that we WANT America, so the average European/ROW Citizen must have begged for em.
Not so!

i know its got to be about more than just countires its about uniting. . . but its not the american people who are spewing the devisive rhetoric and thats what this whole discussion is about. . .

Sorry but it's not.
Groovy bit of word bending there.
This discussion is largely about the "generalized" world ignorance of the majority of the American population and how that affects the rest of the world.

americans often hate what their government is doing, the citizenry wants to move on past all the crap, but still the world judges us by our past and our citizens by what they see on tv they look at our leaders and paint the rest of us with the same brush

The rest of the world couldn't give a monkeys pubic hair about America.
Just stay where you are and look after your own.

how can it ever be about the world being united if everyone in the world judges americans and measures them in this way followed by turning up their nose or pointing their finger

Cos you need a major attitude adjustment.

when was the last time you saw an article about how horrible Britain or France or Germany or Spain or Italy is?

All the time.
See, I'm in Europe and we get unbiased reportage from here unlike you.

These are some of the oldest and bloodiest countries in the western world.

. . . and guess where the American settlers came from?

you want to point the finger and watch the world go up in flames as long as no blame is on anyone but america

No, I'm fighting for productive discussion with people who have an 'educated' perspective.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

While we consist of fifty states, Europe is seven geographic regions:

It's that 'Royal' we at the heart of your problem.

You are no different to anyone!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

perhaps vultures wasnt the best thing to equate the world to, i didnt mean you wanted america i meant you gather together and watch the death with glee in your eye...

and this is my thread i made it and it happens to be about americans taking unjust hate from from superficial people. . . . so please dont try and dictate to me what my thread is about. . .

This discussion is largely about the "generalized" world ignorance of the majority of the American population and how that affects the rest of the world.

sorry its not. . . and you just keep generalizing after you attempted to flog me for statement that wasnt even a generalization. . . you have alot of nerve to say that about americans in general. . .

cuz you need a major attitude adjustment

uhm... what. . . again with the geralizations. We arent all GW Bush or Obama or Cheney or McCain.

No, I'm fighting for productive discussion with people who have an 'educated' perspective

no your not your calling americans stupid and uneducated while pumping yourself up. . . you are just as selfrighteous and hateful as anyone. . . your sweeping catigorization of americans is disgusting

your tripe shows your true face and i must say you have alot of nerve to say americans are "world ignorant" when you display such self-righteous judgemental sweeping biggotry.

The rest of the world couldn't give a monkeys pubic hair about America.
Just stay where you are and look after your own.

if no one cares why are you dedicating a measurable amount of your time to come here and spew your hate?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

I find it interesting that the historical plight of Native Americans and the enslavement of African Americans is regularly brought up as some insinuation that the United State’s citizenry isn’t quite legitimate and must somehow be evil. Sorry Bud, but what happened generations ago cannot be undone, and Native Americans and blacks are as much a part of our nation as the rest of us. In fact, I think you would be amazed if given genetic tests, just how large of a percentage of our population is of mixed race. When there’s a war, young black men, red men, and yellow men fight and die alongside the white man…and our pooling blood looks the same.

By the way, are you suggesting that if North Korea should attack Japan, South Korea, or the state of Alaska, it is our own fault? Just curious…

No, the past is over and cannot be undone. No matter what you do, you will not bring back beloved ancestors who died through devious deeds. You can amend and enact future changes, you can bring enlightenment to the ignorant and glorify your people, but you cannot relive the past. Realize also, the American Indians are not the only ones in this world who have had lands taken and their people killed. We all have our histories, and many of the settlers came here because they themselves were forced from their lands -- it happened to one branch of my family. To make a long story short: lands in the middle of London were taken by the British Crown and were supposed to have been returned (per letter my uncle still owns). However, this did not happen as the ownership records disappeared when the holders of said records were murdered. But this all happened over a century ago, and we moved on many years ago. The point is, be careful who you trust because all human beings are capable of terrible atrocities (even your people).

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

perhaps vultures wasnt the best thing to equate the world to, i didnt mean you wanted america i meant you gather together and watch the death with glee in your eye...

and this is my thread i made it and it happens to be about americans taking unjust hate from from superficial people. . . . so please dont try and dictate to me what my thread is about. . .

sorry its not. . . and you just keep generalizing after you attempted to flog me for statement that wasnt even a generalization. . . you have alot of nerve to say that about americans in general. . .

cuz you need a major attitude adjustment

uhm... what. . . again with the geralizations. We arent all GW Bush or Obama or Cheney or McCain.

No, I'm fighting for productive discussion with people who have an 'educated' perspective

no your not your calling americans stupid and uneducated while pumping yourself up. . . you are just as selfrighteous and hateful as anyone. . . your sweeping catigorization of americans is disgusting

your tripe shows your true face and i must say you have alot of nerve to say americans are "world ignorant" when you display such self-righteous judgemental sweeping biggotry.

Project much?

Back up your personal accusations with quotes, otherwise, all your saying is;

"Boo Hoo, it's my ball and I'm taking it home now!"

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You know, truthfully I use to hate America, had done so for a very long time, quite proudly.

But I have come to realize that this part of history, or American's history, will be the most valuable asset of the future.

There will be a book one day, or a University class entitled:

"How Not To Act" A nations guide to sound decisions and proper behaviour.

It will be composed entirely of American history and culture, and will shed light on the vast majority of problems that have stemed in the past hundred years.

Now I am not saying that all of our problems come from the US, that's just not true, however the popularity of make bad decisions, admit to them but do nothing and continue to operate the same way, stem direcly from US culture.

So, really, go on doing what you are doing, and the children of the world will grow up smarter for it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well WTH did you think was going to happen when you start a thread like this. And before you go on about "unjust hate" that was not your premise for starting this thread. From the OP:

Its obvious to any american that alot of the world harbors some kind of hate or strong dislike for americans. Most americans have done nothing as individuals to to earn anyones animosity.

For a long time i thought of it this way. I thought about individuals. But when you look at america as a whole the picture changes (at least for me) and the disdain makes more sence.

Bait and switch much. Hey, you put it out there, now you're going to have to deal with it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join