It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people think that a new President could change things still?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've been noticing a lot of threads here on ATS... specifically from the Republicans I guess here or those on the right who are disgruntled with Obama's policies as much as I or the other people on this forum are. Why do people still think that a President can change things?

I thought once a long time ago that Barack Obama could clean up the mess Bush made and that things couldn't be any worse than they already were. I was wrong.

I see more and more conservative posters here asking the question: who do you want to win in 2012? I say I don't care who wins in 2012. It won't make one difference.

The real power players are behind the scenes and those here at ATS should be acutely aware of this.

For 8 years we just sounded off unintelligent drivel about how terrible Bush was. What we didn't realize was that it wasn't Bush that had the power in the Presidency, and, that he merely was a puppet in the powers that be.

Will we learn the lesson with Obama?

Will conservatives learn it doesn't matter who wins or loses?

Will liberals learn that universal health care is just another name for government health care?

I think we need to stop asking ourselves: who will be our next master and start taking matters into our own hands. No, not by being a vigilante type of people... but we need to start realizing that we can make a difference... and that we should take our country back. We've let our country fall into the hands of plutocrats from around the globe just think it's one big game... rather them taking matters more seriously they just view us as pawns in their mere chess board.

I am sick of these people, conservatives, or disgruntled liberals wanting a new President to do the change they want. We should take it upon ourselves to change things. It's dumb to just look up to another puppet who will do more harm than good.

I think it's time we woke up. What do you say ATS?

To the conservatives: do you want to take the red pill or do you want to take the blue pill?

To the liberals: when will you realize that the Democratic party doesn't really recognize Democratic or true liberal ideals?

To everyone: let's work together. The cause of our problems is not a liberal or conservative policy-- but people who don't have our best interest in mind.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We have been left power-less for several years. At one time I would have promoted drastic change in Congress. That is where the power to steer our Government use to lie. Now days Congress doesn't care what the people think. Take for example the first bail out. The majority of voters in almost every congressional district were opposed to the bail out. Did Congress listen to the voters? NO! We have to Change the direction of this country. The old two party system is dead and smelling like it. We have to enter a new era with pure constitutional values held by all elected officals.
I don't care if they are liberal slant or conservative slant as long as they don't BREAK LAWS to MAKE LAWS. I am tired of seeing foot prints upon the Constitution and The Bill of Rights.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Right. But the main thing I am saying is that it doesn't matter who wins. They'll just do whatever they want anyhow. We need to take our country back but I don't think we can do that with the top-down. We have to do it from the bottom up. A bottom up revolution will be the only way we can take our country back.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The President of the United States can be compared to a spineless and gutless hypocritical 90 pound weakling who will stab you in the back any chance he gets to keep the big bully on the block happy, fat and content.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I've been noticing a lot of threads here on ATS... specifically from the Republicans I guess here or those on the right who are disgruntled with Obama's policies as much as I or the other people on this forum are. Why do people still think that a President can change things?

Things are already changing, its just not to the liking of the rightwing (for apparent reasons) as for other issues, since when did we put a 6 month time line on change? The mess the previous administration made for the last 8years will not change in a matter of months sorry, its common sense to conclude that, but some folks just prefer to flame.

I thought once a long time ago that Barack Obama could clean up the mess Bush made and that things couldn't be any worse than they already were. I was wrong.

Heres the problem with that post, you thought "once long time ago" that Obama would clean up the mess Bush left over an 8year period... yet its only been 6 months into Obamas administrations. Whats more interesting Frank is that I dont recall you ever once supporting Obama since prior to the elections, so why are you telling us you once supported him? Is this for the sake of "impartiality" added to your argument? Because I dont buy it. You were not wrong about anything Frank, you never liked the guy in the first place.

I see more and more conservative posters here asking the question: who do you want to win in 2012? I say I don't care who wins in 2012. It won't make one difference.

Exactly, you say this about 2012, you said the same thing in 2008, heck I bet you say the same thing every election cycle, "no difference, NWO". Your issue is not with what Obama is not doing, your issue arises from the conspiracy theory of controlled government. While this is a conspiracy website, the topic of Obamas policies and whether he is a good president becomes irrelevant when having a debate with a NWO conspirator, because they believe everything and anything has to be some conspiracy, so any relevant argument becomes...irelevant to you folk.

Get back to me when you come up with real issues.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Things are already changing, its just not to the liking of the rightwing (for apparent reasons) as for other issues, since when did we put a 6 month time line on change? The mess the previous administration made for the last 8years will not change in a matter of months sorry, its common sense to conclude that, but some folks just prefer to flame.

No. President Obama has continued many of Bush's policies. He has continued Bush's policies on state secrets, he has expanded the Iraq-Afghan war, he has bombed Packistan. He is encouraging new tax policies in the lieu to pay for government ran health-care. He is doing this all in the eyes of what's good for us-- but it's really for more government control.

I guess the only real change is the way the media has shaped your perception of the President.

Heres the problem with that post, you thought "once long time ago" that Obama would clean up the mess Bush left over an 8year period... yet its only been 6 months into Obamas administrations. Whats more interesting Frank is that I dont recall you ever once supporting Obama since prior to the elections, so why are you telling us you once supported him? Is this for the sake of "impartiality" added to your argument? Because I dont buy it. You were not wrong about anything Frank, you never liked the guy in the first place.
I did as a matter of fact used to support him. I thought he would be for change. I listened to his book Audacity of Hope and I thought he could be good for the future. I don't think he has the change I was looking for.

Exactly, you say this about 2012, you said the same thing in 2008, heck I bet you say the same thing every election cycle, "no difference, NWO". Your issue is not with what Obama is not doing, your issue arises from the conspiracy theory of controlled government. While this is a conspiracy website, the topic of Obamas policies and whether he is a good president because irrelevant from the mouth of an NWO conspirator, because they believe everything and anything has to be some conspiracy, so any relevant argument becomes...irelevant to you folk.
I'm not talking about some conspiracy here. I'm talking about facts. Presidents have very little power over what happens and what goes on. Do you see the people behind Obama? They're all wall-street and bilderbergers. He has brought no real change. I am not making a conspiratorial argument here. I am just laying out the facts. There has been no real change in the way the government has operated since Obama. What about no lobbyists being in the Obama administration? I guess it's okay... just as long as they're liberal lobbyists.

Get back to be when you come up with real issues.

I already have.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No. President Obama has continued many of Bush's policies. He has continued Bush's policies on state secrets

What secrets? The NWO conspiracy to secretly plant chips into unsuspecting americans while their asleep? One mans issue is another mans junk.

he has expanded the Iraq-Afghan war

He promised during the primaries he would withdraw troops by 2011, and thus far I dont see him going back on that promise. After 2011 I think you would have a solid argument, other than that I only see flaming. I dont like the war anymore than you do and I have the history to back it up, that being said realistically to think troops could just pull out there in a matter of months, after years of occupation, aint realistic. A gradual withdrawal is the only realistic one.

As for Afghanistan, thats where the war on terrorism began. Remember, those planes hitting? Osama bin laden, we're trying to hunt him there? But ofcourse your one of those 9/11 truthers and NWO conspiracy theorists... so really your issue Obama has been an issue with anything, because everything is a conspiracy Frank.

he has bombed Packistan.

He bombed the tribal mountains where the Taleban and Al Quaida are hiding, after what they did to this nation. You may not give a damn about whether they took the lives of thousands in 9/11 because of your conspiracy, but there are folks who do. I hope he continues to bomb those cowards out of the mountains.

He is encouraging new tax policies in the lieu to pay for government ran health-care.

He is "encouraging", what really do this mean? "Speculation", "encouraging", "intention" I mean I hear these three all the time on here... most of it turns out to be pure BS after a while and folks just move one. Its as if its become the new "truth" of the day. I support the president through his healthcare system as we already pay taxes towards the privatized healthcare system of the nation, so if I am paying my taxes towards a government funded one where everybody, working class and above can get healthcare, as it is a humane right, I have no issue with that.

I guess the only real change is the way the media has shaped your perception of the President.

So anybody who disagrees with you frank must be a media slave right? This is the mentality you bring up apart from your NWO conspiracy theories? Iv got a mind of my own Frank, at the same time I recognize there are folks of different opinion and I aint ganna label all of them as media slaves because they disagree with me.

I did as a matter of fact used to support him.

Can you reference me one post of yours prior to the election supporting Barack Obama thanks, because Iv been watching your threads over the years and Iv seen different.

It wouldnt matter to me if it turns out you never supported the man after all, I just want relevant arguments.

I'm not talking about some conspiracy here. I'm talking about facts. Presidents have very little power over what happens and what goes on.

So first you blame the current president for not implementing policies of change and completely changing the US system over night, but then you come back and tell me presidents have very little power. What is your problem frank? I think your confusing your argument here.

Do you see the people behind Obama? They're all wall-street and bilderbergers.

And this has nothing to do with conspiracy theories.

I am not making a conspiratorial argument here.

Right.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

No. President Obama has continued many of Bush's policies. He has continued Bush's policies on state secrets

What secrets? The NWO conspiracy to secretly plant chips into unsuspecting americans while their asleep? One mans issue is another mans junk.

He kept the photos because of state-secrets.

he has expanded the Iraq-Afghan war

He promised during the primaries he would withdraw troops by 2011, and thus far I dont see him going back on that promise. After 2011 I think you would have a solid argument, other than that I only see flaming. I dont like the war anymore than you do and I have the history to back it up, that being said realistically to think troops could just pull out there in a matter of months, after years of occupation, aint realistic. A gradual withdrawal is the only realistic one.
No. He actually promised he would start pulling out of Iraq in March and then the troops would be out in 2011.

As for Afghanistan, thats where the war on terrorism began. Remember, those planes hitting? Osama bin laden, we're trying to hunt him there? But ofcourse your one of those 9/11 truthers and NWO conspiracy theorists... so really your issue Obama has been an issue with anything, because everything is a conspiracy Frank.

Of course planes hit the twin towers. The question is whether there were explosions in the twin towers... which evidence suggests that there have been. Now stop with the truther label or the NWO conspiracy theorist label. You seem to have an agenda of sort and you want to conform to the reality you know of. How about you do some research on the NWO theory and the 9-11 stuff before making your mind on it like you seem to already have?

he has bombed Packistan.

He bombed the tribal mountains where the Taleban and Al Quaida are hiding, after what they did to this nation. You may not give a damn about whether they took the lives of thousands in 9/11 because of your conspiracy, but there are folks who do. I hope he continues to bomb those cowards out of the mountains.
I have nothing wrong with going after Al-quaeda.

The Iraq war and the Afghan war were based on lies. We shouldn't be there right now. We've been a pretty good recruiting poster for these terrorists. Wouldn't you say that there has been enough trouble on both sides? I wish we could both forgive each other.

He is encouraging new tax policies in the lieu to pay for government ran health-care.

He is "encouraging", what really do this mean? "Speculation", "encouraging", "intention" I mean I hear these three all the time on here... most of it turns out to be pure BS after a while and folks just move one. Its as if its become the new "truth" of the day. I support the president through his healthcare system as we already pay taxes towards the privatized healthcare system of the nation, so if I am paying my taxes towards a government funded one where everybody, working class and above can get healthcare, as it is a humane right, I have no issue with that.
Health care isn't a right...

But I think everyone should get it. I don't believe the government should be allowed to monopolize health-care.

So anybody who disagrees with you frank must be a media slave right? This is the mentality you bring up apart from your NWO conspiracy theories? Iv got a mind of my own Frank, at the same time I recognize there are folks of different opinion and I aint ganna label all of them as media slaves because they disagree with me.

I did as a matter of fact used to support him.

No... I never said that. Look, all I've done is point out that Barack Obama really hasn't brought that much change. He has been blackmailing California into taking the stimulus money... he has been bankrupting the country more by continuing the bailouts starting under the Bush regime... it's just more of the same. Enough with the labels. I'm not the one doing the labels-- it was you who started it.

Can you reference me one post of yours prior to the election supporting Barack Obama thanks, because Iv been watching your threads over the years and Iv seen different.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It wouldnt matter to me if it turns out you never supported the man after all, I just want relevant arguments.

In fact I have.

I'm not talking about some conspiracy here. I'm talking about facts. Presidents have very little power over what happens and what goes on.

So first you blame the current president for not implementing policies of change and completely changing the US system over night, but then you come back and tell me presidents have very little power. What is your problem frank? I think your confusing your argument here.
No... I blame the federal reserve and all of the power-brokers behind the President here. I view the President as nothing more than a puppet.

Do you see the people behind Obama? They're all wall-street and bilderbergers.

And this has nothing to do with conspiracy theories.
No. The bilderberg organization is a very real organization. Timothy Geitner worked under the New York Federal reserve bank under the Bush administration. A lot of the people in the Obama administrations are leftovers from the Bush regime. Doesn't that tell you something?

I am not making a conspiratorial argument here.

Right.

Yes.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What state secrets Frank?

No. He actually promised he would start pulling out of Iraq in March and then the troops would be out in 2011.

He promised during the primaries that troops would be withdrawn by 2011, when folks were still deciding to vote for him. When it became apparent to flamers that he was going to keep that promise they then decided to dig down back in 2007 when he said March.

It doesnt matter when he stated he will start withdrawing, his stance was always 2011. I'd bet by the time he withdraws all troops by 2011 folks will then start cutting corners again and arguing that he left an embassy there so thats not counters. Clear stance, withdrawal by 2011. Your welcome to take out little tiblets and accuse the man of then full out lying for the sake of flaming at him, but at the end of the 2011 withdrawal was stated.

Of course planes hit the twin towers. The question is whether there were explosions in the twin towers...

And this has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. Ill repeat again, one mans belief is another mans junk.

How about you do some research on the NWO theory and the 9-11 stuff before making your mind on it

So now your clearly admitting this is nothing more but more implications of conspiracy theories, as opposed to real arguments regarding the mans policies.

And yet you implicate Afghanistan to the same reasons as Iraq.

The Iraq war and the Afghan war were based on lies.

Yes because Al Quaida did not attack america, it was a government conspiracy. So really your issue with the president is not his policies, its mainly some conspiracy implicated years prior to his candidacy. This is exactly my point about the irrelevance of real policy arguments with folks who have a history of conspiracy theorizing.

But I think everyone should get it.

right.

No... I never said that. Look, all I've done is point out that Barack Obama really hasn't brought that much change.

Because for years you folks have implicated everything and everybody into some conspiracy, so there will always be cause to flame.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

By the way Id like to thank you for, by the least giving me a post to back up your claims frank. That being said for you to feel the man hasnt done any change, in the beginning of his administration term, is well jumping the gun after a mess that came about after an 8year period.

Its a long road before america fully recovers, doesnt matter who comes in.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

What state secrets Frank?

He used the state secret catch-phrase to keep the gitmo photos secrets. Tell me you aren't that much behind the times.

He promised during the primaries that troops would be withdrawn by 2011, when folks were still deciding to vote for him. When it became apparent to flamers that he was going to keep that promise they then decided to dig down back in 2007 when he said March.

No. The original idea was that he would start pulling troops out in March. And yet you resort to name-calling once again. Come on you can't be that blind of a follower can you? He clearly backed on what he said. It's not about a responsible withdrawal. He just wants to stay there longer because his army people convinced him to.

It doesnt matter when he stated he will start withdrawing, his stance was always 2011. I'd bet by the time he withdraws all troops by 2011 folks will then start cutting corners again and arguing that he left an embassy there so thats not counters. Clear stance, withdrawal by 2011. Your welcome to take out little tiblets and accuse the man of then full out lying for the sake of flaming at him, but at the end of the 2011 withdrawal was stated.

It matters a great deal when we start withdrawing. It could make a difference if there are going to be troops there after 2011 that said date to standby for operations for after we're gone and the like.

Of course planes hit the twin towers. The question is whether there were explosions in the twin towers...

And this has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. Ill repeat again, one mans belief is another mans junk.

Uh you're on a conspiracy site. You do know this don't you?

How about you do some research on the NWO theory and the 9-11 stuff before making your mind on it

So now your clearly admitting this is nothing more but more implications of conspiracy theories, as opposed to real arguments regarding the mans policies.

These are not nothing more than the implications of conspiracy theories. People like you dismiss these things as conspiracy theories-- when they are in fact factual. People have talked about new world order time and time on the news. We have a global regulatory system. It's not just something of a fanciful conspiracy theory. It's reality. It's the real world. I'm telling you to do more research on it because you clearly are ignorant of it.

And yet you implicate Afghanistan to the same reasons as Iraq.

What did I do here? Al-quaeda wasn't in Iraq before we came there.

The Iraq war and the Afghan war were based on lies.

Yes because Al Quaida did not attack america, it was a government conspiracy. So really your issue with the president is not his policies, its mainly some conspiracy implicated years prior to his candidacy. This is exactly my point about the irrelevance of real policy arguments with folks who have a history of conspiracy theorizing.
There were no WMDS in Iraq. Stop faking it. I know you're not stupid. Please, unless you were fooling us all with your anti-war stuff before... you call yourself a progressive... when you forget the facts.

But I think everyone should get it.

right.

You know what I meant.

No... I never said that. Look, all I've done is point out that Barack Obama really hasn't brought that much change.

Because for years you folks have implicated everything and everybody into some conspiracy, so there will always be cause to flame.
Uh-huh. You do know you're on a conspiracy website right? I haven't implicated everything into a conspiracy of some kind. You're the one saying that. not me.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

There will be no real change from the President. I pity you. You shouldn't look up to one man for change. Do you think that Obama is the messiah or something? One man can't change everything. The real power lies in the senate and all of those subcomittees and lies within the CFR, the bilderberg group, and, oh wait-- it's just a conspiracy theory to you. Real change will not happen unless we change the whole system. More people need to wake up. It's like you've completely rejected conspiracy theories because you want to simply follow Barack Obama-- so therefore to you like to the Bush fans everything about Bush and his regime was a conspiracy and it is the same to you. I only hope that someday you will wake up and see what the current administration is doing, and, how it's government is overreaching and is becoming too tyrannical. That in it of itself is not a conspiracy. Facts are not conspiracies. You know what? The very mention of calling them conspiracies discredit themselves. So let's not call them conspiracies anymore. They are more conspiracy facts. That is all. I do hope that you someday see that Barack Obama won't bring change... and he'll be just like any other administration before him and the power structure of the US government won't change.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

He used the state secret catch-phrase to keep the gitmo photos secrets. Tell me you aren't that much behind the times.

Oh and I congratulate him for not releasing those pictures, we still have troops fighting out there. Dont blame him.

No. The original idea was that he would start pulling troops out in March.

The original idea was when the US will completely withdraw. This is why, during the primaries, folks didnt complain about what he said back in 2007, until the man was actually going to withdraw troops by 2011, then folks decided to go dig back and cut the edges. It really doesnt matter to me when he withdraws in 2009, I want all troops out by 2011. Im not concerned with technicalities, especially when its just cause for complaining.

And yet you resort to name-calling once again.

what did I call you? And can you have an debate with somebody instead of just automatically labelling them a media slave. Is it so hard to deal with somebody of an opposing view? Does everybody have to believe in ever conspiracy frank?

He clearly backed on what he said.

All troops out by 2011 Frank. Please continue to cut around the edges with excuses, but his stance was 2011, and when he actually carries out that promise, there will be more excuses from you folks.

It matters a great deal when we start withdrawing.

It mattered a great deal to folks on here when it became apparent they couldnt call him a liar on when all troops will be out. See this isnt a real concern about our involvement in there, this is about making any excuse to whine about the man. There are real issues out there policy wise, made by president Obama, but instead folks spend all there time flaming him about this garbage.

Uh you're on a conspiracy site.

And that doesnt necessarily mean a conspiracy about the existence of the easter bunny is fact. Conspiracies are individual, they dont reflect the wide consensus of the people. Once in a while there comes one conspiracy, the who deal about the governments involvement aint one of em.

These are not nothing more than the implications of conspiracy theories.

Which your partly implicating this president into. So this has alot to do with longheld conspiracy beliefs of yours frank. While this is a conspiracy forum as you mentioned, the title sounded much like one of policy discussion, yet obviously the bloggers talk would end up somewhere int he OP.

People like you dismiss these things as conspiracy theories-- when they are in fact factual.

So the NWO and the governments involvement in 911 was factual? So I could just as easy bring out a conspiracy about Ron Paul, that his a communist in disguise, and just say thats factual.

People have talked about new world order time and time on the news.

So now your saying because folks mention the NWO on the news, that makes it factual. Yet earlier on you refered to me as a slave of the media, and that this thread of your has othing to do with conspiracy theories, and yet here you are trying to authenticate these conspiracies as factual, courtesy of what somebody said int he media.

What did I do here? Al-quaeda wasn't in Iraq before we came there.

Ofcourse it wasnt, thats why the Iraq war was a lie, and Afghanistan wasnt. You threw Afghanistan right with iraq as Al quaeda not existing there, as the war on terrorism having nothing to do with it.

There were no WMDS in Iraq. Stop faking it.

You notice that in my comments I said Iraq was a war of lies, but afghanistan was justified given Al Quaida? When did I justify the war in Iraq? Have you seen my posts? I accused you of implicating the war in Afghanistan with the same reasons for Iraq, I never justified the war in Iraq, and I have the history to back it up about my opposing views to it.

I know you're not stupid. Please, unless you were fooling us all with your anti-war stuff before... you call yourself a progressive.

Again with the name calling. Can you actually handle a debate without result to insults? Is it that hard for those folk to actually have a clean debate? Have a look at my posts then implicate me. Thanks.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

There will be no real change from the President. I pity you.

I pity you. So much hate spewed everyday, an excuse with anything for sake of whining. What do you acheive spending all this time going on about the NWO and how voting is pointless? Who are you helping here?

You shouldn't look up to one man for change.

Ofcourse you shouldnt, unfortunatly individuals like you hold individuals like Obama accountable for everything, to all the change in the world... and you do it on purpose. Realistically you know its not possible, and things wont change in a matter of months, but you continue to do so for the excuse to flame the man all day.

Obama never said he himself will change the world. Nobody said the mess left over a period of 8years will heal itself in a matter of months frank. You either have folks being naive about that, or just simply trying to flame. Didnt matter who was in office, this nation is not going to completely heal in a matter of months. This mess accumulated over an 8year period. You cannot hold a president accountable six months into his adminstration for not fixing all that up. Really now Frank.

Do you think that Obama is the messiah

No I dont. Most liberals and folk who voted for him dont. Neither do I think all conservatives see Limbaugh as the messiah, neither do I think all tea party protestors are fox news hacks. I dont generalize Frank. It doesnt do anything when debating or having an argument over policies.

One man can't change everything.

And yet your blaming Obama himself for not changing the nation and fixing up the mess of the last 8years in a matter of months. Hypocrisy.

The real power lies in the senate and all of those subcomittees and lies within the CFR, the bilderberg group

And then you continue with conspiracy theories that have little to do with policy discussion. Just a way to flame on.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

who do you want to win in 2012? I say I don't care who wins in 2012.
It won't make one difference.

You are probably right that it won't make a difference. But if I could DREAM .. i'd see a country run by 3rd and 4th parties. I'd see everyone voted out of D.C. and REAL CHANGE come through.

For people to say that Obama inhereted a mess and it'll take a long while for him to change and fix it .. i say poppycock. Obama inhereted problems, just as every president does, but he's making it MUCH WORSE ... and he's bringing in socialism. Yes .. socialism. This is a free market republic and he's power grabbing and bringing in socialism.

Don't anyone bother to yell 'oh .. you don't know what socialism is' ... I certainly do know what it is, I understand it, and I'll say it again - we are all watching a left wing facist sweep in socialism.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Obama never said he himself will change the world.

Well ... yes .... he sorta did ....

Barack Obama: “I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

All ya' gots to do is vote for him and the sun will shine, rainbows will appear, unicorns will come out to play, and the world shall be healed.

'Praise The Lord Obama.'

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I say double poopykook

What Obama inherited and what most have inherited is hardly comparable.
Half the economy going poof....

"The fundamentals are still strong, my friends..."

Well my friend I do like the idea of more parties, I can dig that.

But come on, Bush got the keys to a Corvette and brought back a Dihatsu

You do know if MY MESSIAH

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think most people still believe all the hype about "democracy" and how they can change or influence how their country is run by simply voting out the previous bunch of incumbents who have displeased them.
I keep telling people, those are just the publicly acceptable talking heads that we get to see. The real people of influence and power keep a much lower profile and wield all the real power.

If you have 2 main political powers vying for government, both bankrolled by the same corporate interests, lobbyist groups and other rich and influential entities, then how can any real change happen?
It then doesn't matter which group is in power as they are all beholden to the power behind the scenes and are bought and paid for.

All the other smaller political parties and independents are there to give the illusion of choice, but will never hold any positions of power or influence.

So, the only thing that changes are the faces we see pimping their party on TV.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Gonna get my Obama forehead tat tomorrow.

The giant HOPE on my back is healing fine.

BTW that stuff sting less and less...
The LORD and MESSIAH stuff I mean, its getting to be funny

Kinda like the word NEOCON

farmers market?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
What Obama inherited and what most have inherited is hardly comparable.

Read your history. Other presidents inherited messes as well.
But they were up to the job of repair. Obama's just making it worse.

"The fundamentals are still strong, my friends..."

I have no idea what that is ...

Bush got the keys to a Corvette and brought back a Dihatsu

Sure. Bush totally screwed up. So did the congress.
But that doesn't change the fact that obama's making it worse.

You do know if MY MESSIAH

Again - I have no idea what that is ....

Originally posted by mental modulator
Gonna get my Obama forehead tat tomorrow.
The giant HOPE on my back is healing fine.

Again - I have no idea what that is ...

The LORD and MESSIAH stuff I mean, its getting to be funny

Newsweek - Obama = God

farmers market?

And again - I have no idea what that is ..

Are you awake yet???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join