It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europa S8 (The Antarctic "Facility")

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
From;
Nommos Prime (Dogon)

Anybody else heard of this facility?Apparently some really odd stuff is happening at Lake Vostok.www.ldeo.columbia.edu...
www.antarctica.ac.uk...
www.antarctica.ac.uk...
�Dr Cynan Ellis-Evans of the British Antarctic Survey said: 'Solving the mystery of Lake Vostok is one of the great scientific prizes for Antarctic research and has generated enormous excitement and speculation. We think the microbes found so far are what you might call 'tourists' in the lake as they appear to be modern microbes, but we expect to find far more ancient micro-organisms in the deep lake water and the lake sediments.�
www.bbc.co.uk...
�Mention Vostok at the American�s huge McMurdo base on the relatively warm Antarctic coast (summer population 3000+), and there�s much bemused head shaking. Vostok is regarded with a mixture of awe, fear and sometimes a little condescension.�
www.bbc.co.uk...
�Biologists believe that because the lake has been cut off from the rest of the planet for 15 million years or more - well before the human race evolved - microbial life in the lake could have quietly been evolving into strange and unique forms. It�s a uniquely hostile environment for life - permanently low temperatures, hundreds of atmospheres of pressure, and no light for photosynthesis. In fact, as NASA have realised, the conditions directly replicate those found on Europa - the icy moon of Jupiter. So finding microbial life in Lake Vostok has a greater significance, but what are the odds of finding life in a cold, dark world?�
www.nsf.gov...
�Vostok Station is located in one of the world's most inaccessible places, near the South Geomagnetic Pole, at the center of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet. The station is 3.5 kilometers (11,484 feet) above sea level. The coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth, -89.2 degree Celsius (-128.6 degrees Fahrenheit), was measured at Vostok Station on July 21, 1983.�
More;www.ldeo.columbia.edu...
science.msfc.nasa.gov...
www.resa.net...
astrobiology.arc.nasa.gov...
Some unusual studies are happening;www.crrel.usace.army.mil...
Jupiter�s moon, Europa;antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Discussion from the Above Top Secret forum;www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Eltanin Antenna;www.unknowncountry.com...

�Antarctica, USA and NCDXF beacons located at Lake Vostok � 1993 4K1C/KC4AAE Vostok (CIS/USA Exch.) 78 28 S 106 48 E OB31 3 Oc 70 29 -00004K1M Vostok 2 (CIS) 72 8 S 96 35 E NB87 3 Oc 69 29 �0000�

Here�s the thoughts that I had on the DG Forum, under �Ixataar�;
www.darkgovernment.com...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe the microbes read this

Why Antarctica will soon be the only place to live - literally
By Geoffrey Lean, Environment Editor
02 May 2004

Antarctica is likely to be the world's only habitable continent by the end of this century if global warming remains unchecked, the Government's chief scientist, Professor Sir David King, said last week.

He said the Earth was entering the "first hot period" for 60 million years, when there was no ice on the planet and "the rest of the globe could not sustain human life". The warning - one of the starkest delivered by a top scientist - comes as ministers decide next week whether to weaken measures to cut the pollution that causes climate change, even though Tony Blair last week described the situation as "very, very critical indeed".

The Prime Minister - who was launching a new alliance of governments, businesses and pressure groups to tackle global warming - added that he could not think of "any bigger long-term question facing the world community".

Yet the Government is considering relaxing limits on emissions by industry under an EU scheme on Tuesday.

Sir David said that levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere - the main "green- house gas" causing climate change - were already 50 per cent higher than at any time in the past 420,000 years. The last time they were at this level - 379 parts per million - was 60 million years ago during a rapid period of global warming, he said. Levels soared to 1,000 parts per million, causing a massive reduction of life.

"No ice was left on Earth. Antarctica was the best place for mammals to live, and the rest of the world would not sustain human life," he said.

Sir David warned that if the world did not curb its burning of fossil fuels "we will reach that level by 2100".

read full article at

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift

The Prime Minister - who was launching a new alliance of governments, businesses and pressure groups to tackle global warming - added that he could not think of "any bigger long-term question facing the world community".

Yet the Government is considering relaxing limits on emissions by industry under an EU scheme on Tuesday.

Did anyone say 'Hypocrisy' ?

I have very little faith in the Government scientists these days. They seem to change their minds too often.
And who is to say that the hole in the ozone layer will not damage anyone trying to live there for any length of time ?

Personally, I think this Antarctic facility is something to do with monitoring deep space. An asteroid possibly ... more likely a comet.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Posted by Pisky;
"Personally, I think this Antarctic facility is something to do with monitoring deep space. An asteroid possibly ... more likely a comet."

It is definitely used for Deep Space monitoring purposes (as well as possible SDI - see link to the Siberian Installation and US Space Command). It is also used for Planet X monitoring, as well as preempting the Lotus Protocol and expermineting with Martian meteorites and preparation for the Europa missions.

The Vatican astronomers keep visiting Antarctica...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
S8 - Antarctica, S4 - Mojave Desert, S1 - ?, S2 - ?, S3 - ? S5 - ?, S6 - ?, S7 - ?, S9 - ? ... S? - ?

[Edited on 5/4/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Sorry to crash the party but all of the so called "S" facilities are in the Mojave Desert, in Calafornia. S is an abbeveation for site, and refers to the different subunits of Airforce Plant 42, were all of the Airforce's most advanced weapons are built. The notorious S-4, is really a Nothrop leased facility that was used to build the B-2 Spirit (Stealth Bomber). Another one called S-2 is home to the Lockheed Skunk Work, they built the F-117 Nighthawk there. I don't know what is at S-8, but I know for sure it's not in Antarctica. Next time you want to build a thread about one of the "S" series facilities, Please do your homework on the subject first.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

That sucks...

Sorry dude. I was hoping you were onto something.

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here is an excerpt about Europa S8 taken from: www.ufowijzer.nl...

and translated at

www.freetranslation.com...

Peace,
Lukefj

"Rumors over a so-called secret basis in Antarctica � through the man built or through extraterrestrial (as if the white country mass ever through a lost gegane civilization inhabited became) � do all tens years the round. My own studies to this kind of assertions � which begun more than 25 year ago � do me suspect that something, perhaps of large meaning, on this vast and mysterious continent hidden becomes loved for the rest the world.

Quite strangely is for instance that I under pressure of outside become gezet finished to see of investigation and me to hold back of publications regarding certain subjects.

Only a few year ago became I warned on myself to fit, after I a meeting had with two officials of the American atom agency, that relieve were to be heard that I of plan was a photograph to publish of a nuclear generator that from an American arrivals ship on Antarctica were hoisted.

This photograph (see above) appeared correct in our nov/dec 1998 edition. He belonged by an article with the title �UFO�s in Antarctica�, written through the Brazilian scientist and south pole researcher: Rubens Junqeira Villela.

Pass away months later on spent Andrew Pique in be �Space & Astronomy column attention at the British Antarctic Survey (BASS) and the British National Space Centre�s Exobiology Committee (set up a year for that, extraterrestrial life to study.) That led till our contact with a police officer (Malcolm) in active service here in England.

Between 1994 and 1996 � before he at the police in service came � �Malcolm served� on board of the RRS Bransfield, the English Antarctic investigation ship. This is one of the two supports and arrivals ship. The other ship is Tear along the RRS James Clark. Malcolm maintains that he there behind is come that it a very secret American/British basis consists in Antarctica. This happened after he witness was of the discharging of material from an American arrivals ship under unusual circumstances. He maintains that he during the return trip to the Falkland islands, three scientists wanted to talk over a basis with the name: Europa-S8. A strange name because a basis in Antarctica usually named becomes to an explorer as Halley or Rothera.

Although there nothing is, with which we the connection can lay between the Exobiology Committee and Europa-S8, tells Malcolm that he later on the captain of the Bransfield approached and him asked or he on the height was of a basis with that name. Him became to understand given: �De basis that the Americas that put together consists not and as you in there the continuation yet one time over talk, then fly you to house without salary and certificate.�

I am it of convinced that Malcolm�s assertion sincerely is. Scientists, as it appears, were indeed in that time concerned by a topgeheime study in Antarctica. But Malcolm is not the only witness of peculiar occupations in Antarctica.

In 1988 traveled author and UFO-researcher Timothy Good to Australia a number of press informations by to live after the publication of be sensational new book: �Above Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Cover-plain fizzy drink,� by which he Godfather Wright�s: �Spycatcher� of the Australische bestsellerslijst pushed aside. During one of that informations appeared Timothy in a talkshow on the television together with the legendary British explorer Sir Ranulph Fienes, that short for that reason its attempt on must give had with two man to the south pole to walk.

After the show, Sir Ranulph mentioned casually an incident that found place during their trial. A so to see ongemarkeerde helicopter appeared from it nothing and meanwhile that above them wanted to hang, resounded about it an American voice via a megafoon to under them to warn that they gotten lost hit. Later on then the helicopter again disappeared was in the closed mist of from which he surfaced, summoned the pace by the two men that they too far away sat from a basis with a fly distance that the furrow a helicopter possible made a return flight to make.

Shorten after a filmed interview with Valery Uvarov, department manager of the Russian department of National safety and also a speaker to Laughlin, asked I him once again or he gegevens was tegengekomen over peculiar activities by the Vostokmeer. (He had for that - during the interview - refused about it something to say, when I him to that asked.) Valery wanted to be abrupt just finished and its face became visible on that. He laid a hand on my breast, looked said round self away and with a look of sincere concern and fear in its eyes he softly: �please, I cannot talk about that over. You must not have the that over. You must not talk over that. The Nazi�s�� De Nazi�s? What was this now again? Did to words after this remark and in certain sense verward, I ask sought: �everything is good with you?

�Yes, yes everything in order, but please we do not want to must talk about this over. And on that point set he its level defense in and disappeared in a gereedstaande elevator.

Location of the Vostokmeer.

My colleague UFO-researcher of certain reputation had no mention made of Nazi�s then he it over the JPL and the Vostokmeer had, consequently why will Valery from going out movement that feared names use in a reaction on an open and freely simple question over the Vostokmeer. It was as well confusing as mysterious."

I'm still looking for more. Sorry about some of the sentence structure etc....it was translated from Dutch and it doesn't come out perfectly.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
For ghost;
Ok, sunshine Mr "Know It All".
Australians "own" 40% of Antarctica (We're the "men" down there).
I know people who have actually SEEN the facility. Its there. There ARE nuclear reactors and RADICAL NEW defensive weapons stationed there.
If you guys think the Mojave Desert and in America is where the US stashes its MOST SECRET facilities, you're sadly mistaken.

Read Valery's interview, which I have linked previously.
He knows a lot more than you, expert.....

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Ixataar]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixataar
For ghost;
Ok, sunshine Mr "Know It All".
Australians "own" 40% of Antarctica (We're the "men" down there).
I know people who have actually SEEN the facility. Its there. There ARE nuclear reactors and RADICAL NEW defensive weapons stationed there.
If you guys think the Mojave Desert and in America is where the US stashes its MOST SECRET facilities, you're sadly mistaken.

Read Valery's interview, which I have linked previously.
He knows a lot more than you, expert.....

For Ixataar
OK Genius, Next time READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH!! I NEVER, NEVER said there isn't a base in Antarctica! What I told you is that the base in NOT CALLED S8!

Now then, I know there is an Antarctic base. I've read the reports of Nuclear Subs and other things hidden in the Ice of Antarctica. I have been chasing the stories about the Antarctic base since I first encountered them in the mid 1990's. From what I've heard the facility is for Trident billistic missile subs, and contains maintnence and refuling facilities. I also heard that it might house some kind of intelligence facility. Some reports say these bases may have been built in the '70's, but I not sure if this time frame is correct. Second, I know America doesn't store all of it's secret weapons out in the desert. I'm not perfect, but that does NOT make me stupid!

Tim

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Uhhh...

You guys crack me up. Calm down before the Mod's get you.

Mr. M

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
For ghost;

Maybe you should read the TITLE OF MY REPLY (let alone the whole thread).

In answer to you stating that it WASN'T called "S8", the title of my reply quite CLEARLY states "It IS Designated Europa S8". Pretty straightforward.
I then back up, with reasons, how I would know that it is designated as such.

Not that hard to understand.
Is it?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixataar
For ghost;

Maybe you should read the TITLE OF MY REPLY (let alone the whole thread).

In answer to you stating that it WASN'T called "S8", the title of my reply quite CLEARLY states "It IS Designated Europa S8". Pretty straightforward.
I then back up, with reasons, how I would know that it is designated as such.

Not that hard to understand.
Is it?

Ok, I reas over the link again and discovered that I WAS WRONG!
It IS called "S8". Sorry I jumped to a conclusion and didn't pay attention.
Here what has me confused, I know for a fact that Airforce Plant 42 designates its sub-plants Site #. In more then one document I have seen the word site abbreviated "S". Site 4, where the B-2 was built is often listed as S-4. Why would they use the designation S-8 twice once in Antarctica and once in the Calafornia desert?

Tim

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
everybody is wrong at some point or another. just try not to be all "high & mighty" when you think someone else is wrong.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"Personally, I think this Antarctic facility is something to do with monitoring deep space. An asteroid possibly ... more likely a comet."

I agree pisky, here's an interesting article I found
on the icke site about it.

Antarctica Military Op
by Hero Cee
While the entire attention of the world is focussed on Iraq, another military op is underway in Antarctica. The official version of events is predictably similar to those used in previous years. Someone became ill in Antarctica and an evacuation is underway. Ho hum. It�s a cover story so bland that few will read on and even fewer will remember it next week.

Let�s take a closer look. Firstly consider the terrain. The evacuation is from Mc Murdo Base in Antarctica. Here in the Southern Hemisphere, we are heading into winter. McMurdo currently see less than 8 hours of sunlight per day, and soon will be in total darkness for the winter. Ordinarily, all flights in and out are restricted to the daylight season, October to February. Any flights in go via the nearest accessible base, 4,000 kilometres away at New Zealand. In fact, the New Zealand Air Force maintains a Hercules C131 ready for such emergencies.

In past years, when United States personnel have required evacuation, the public are inundated with �feel good� news about the rescue. The patient�s full medical details, everything we didn�t need to know, are spoon fed with regular updates. Didn�t they even make a TV documentary about the woman who detected her own breast tumor while serving in Antarctica? Then her ex-husband told his story about their marriage break-up. Then the kids got involved. Too much information by far. But that�s what we�ve come to expect. Until now.

This time the news briefs are brief. Minimal, in fact. Australia�s ABC news network (www.abc.net.au) reported on 9 April 2004 that a USAF C141 Starlifter was being dispatched to Mc Murdo to evacuate a person or persons. That�s it. They couldn�t even confirm the number of evacuees. Further limited information on the Antarctic website www.70south.com, confirmed that information was being withheld pursuant to �medical confidentiality� requirements. However they did note that a new ice runway was being hurriedly constructed for the flight.

A Starlifter is a very large cargo carrier, usually used for the transportation of massive payloads. Put simply, it makes a Boeing 747 look puny. Depending on layout, the Starlifter can carry 12 Greyhound buses in two tiers of 6 buses each. That�s 2 buses side by side, 3 deep on each of two levels. Got the picture?

Sending a Starlifter all the way from the United States to collect one, or maybe two sick personnel, just doesn�t make sense. Especially when the NZAF has a much smaller, lighter craft ready on standby. The NZAF could have been down to McMurdo and back before the Starlifter crossed the equator. And the extra runway would not have been required.

Either the patient wasn�t that ill that they could wait an extra 2 days in fading light for the Starlifter to arrive, or there were too many patients for the Hercules. That would indeed prove interesting, because the Hercules, though smaller than the Starlifter, could still easily manage 12 stretchers, or 30 seated patients. Is something terribly wrong down there? Could it have any connection with the 1000 astronomers who are spending the Winter observing the southern skies?

Look at the other, more likely option. What was the Starlifter taking to Mc Murdo? More astronomers, perhaps? Is it possible that the evac was actually in reverse? TO, not from Antarctica? Do the ruling elite see the proverbial �writing on the wall�? Or in the sky?

The answer lies with the astronomers.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is a what if for you.

Lets say Vostok Lake was put there for a purpose. Assuming that periodically life on the planet gets wiped out due to natural disasters. (which is what we think happens)

And then through a process of climate change, the lake slowly gets uncovered and the primordial soup that exists in the lake suddenly begins to re-spawn a wide variety of organizim types that will eventually re-populate the planet. And through ever one of these cycles some new "master" type animal takes hold and becomes the dominate species on the planet. We currently just happen to be living during a time when "humanoid" is the master species. But other times throughout history such things as Dinasours or maybe even Giants once ruled the land.

The vostok lake never empties all of its "goodies" into the world ocean but simply allows for some of the primordial mix to seep out. Thus when the planet begins to cool again it can be re-sealed for the next "event".

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
As for there being a base in Antarctica, sure there probably is one. As for it being used to refuel Trident subs, forward basing of subs or anything else like that, hate to break your bubble. There are only two places in the world that the US refuels it subs (once every 20 years or so) and they are all in the continental US.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The George W. Bush (Dr Dan Document);
www.ufoconspiracy.com...
Updates on Dr Dan;
solder.ath.cx...
www.ufoconspiracy.com...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"It is definitely used for Deep Space monitoring purposes (as well as possible SDI - see link to the Siberian Installation and US Space Command). It is also used for Planet X monitoring, as well as preempting the Lotus Protocol and expermineting with Martian meteorites and preparation for the Europa missions.

The Vatican astronomers keep visiting Antarctica..."

interesting...could you possibly expound on these purposes for our pleasure?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

A Starlifter is a very large cargo carrier, usually used for the transportation of massive payloads. Put simply, it makes a Boeing 747 look puny. Depending on layout, the Starlifter can carry 12 Greyhound buses in two tiers of 6 buses each. That�s 2 buses side by side, 3 deep on each of two levels. Got the picture?

You couldn't be more wrong. I have worked along side of 141's for 3 years. A 747 is larger by far. Even larger are the C17's and the C5. The USAF is actually phasing the 141 out, because they are so old (built in the 60's and modified in the 70's) hence the upkeep cost is too much. One more thing - I seriously doubt a 141 could land on ice without sliding all over the place and then tipping over and destroying itself.

Wingspan 160 feet (48.77m)
Length 168 feet, 4 inches (51.3m)
Height at Tail 39 feet, 7 inches (12.07m)
Cargo Hold Length: 104 feet, 3 inches (31.76m);
Width: 10 feet, 3 inches (3.11m);
Height: 9 feet (2.74m)

Date Deployed October 1964 (C-141A);
December 1979 (C-141B)
Total in Service Less than 200 aircraft (retirement phaseout)

Source of specs

Might want to deploy a more reliable fact checker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join