It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* * * NOT SATIRE * * *Peled proposes Israeli sanctions on US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

* * * NOT SATIRE * * * Peled proposes Israeli sanctions on US By GIL HOFFMAN AND HILARY LEILA KRIEGER , Jerusalem Post June 9, 2009

In a sign of growing concern in Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's government over US President Barack Obama's Middle East policies, Minister-without-Portfolio Yossi Peled proposed Israeli sanctions on the US in a letter to cabinet ministers on Sunday.

In the 11-page letter, obtained by The Jerusalem Post from a minister on Monday, Peled recommends steps Israel can take to compensate for the shift in American policy, which he believes has become hostile to Israel.

"Obama's ascendance represents a turning point in America's approach to the region, especially to Israel," he wrote in the letter. "The new administration believes that in order to fight terror, guarantee stability and withdraw from Iraq, a new diplomatic slant is needed involving drastic steps to pacify the Muslim world and the adoption of a more balanced approach to Israel, including intensive pressure to stop building in settlements, remove outposts and advance the formation of a Palestinian state."

uruknet.info...

All this manoeuvring by the Israelis is over Obama's mere suggestion that there should peace in the ME, that the Palestinians should have their own country and the illegal settlement should be broken up. Obama also said that the US will never abandon Israel yet the Israelis over react.

We live in truly strange times when there is suggestions that Israel should take punitive actions against the US. This is most likely to be economic sanctions because Israel is an immensely wealthy country and the US is in economic difficulties. It could include a withdrawal of Israeli cooperation in the ME because Israel has effectively taken over as the interlocutor of the US in the ME. Politicians, some of the security services and the corporate world rely heavily on Israel.

Unfortunately Israel will succeed because in the end any actions by the Obama administration deemed to be against Israeli interest will result in several orders of retaliation which may include the mobilisation of American zionists, politicians under the control of Aipac, Christian zionists and most dangerously, extremists racist movements like American Renaissance.

[edit on 043030p://pm3027 by masonwatcher]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Good riddence i say..I say better to be broke to be bent over..

maybe it was the shoe thing..Maybe,hay I got it my new avitar..the million sole march..

second line as a useless filler

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

We live in truly strange times when there is suggestions that Israel should take punitive actions against the US. This is most likely to be economic sanctions because Israel is an immensely wealthy country and the US is in economic difficulties.

I recall hearing about Israel being in financial trouble somewhere in the news not so long ago and if you look here i would say that even though the global meltdown has hit the usa harder than israel i dont think one can call israel wealthy.
The financial impact of sanctions against the usa would be minimal but i think the political impacts that you described could be a real problem for the administration as well as for the whole country.
This cannot be in the interest of Israel (destabilizing his biggest and most important allie) so I dont believe that this will happen.

Greetings

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Pankreas]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its al just smoke and mirrors, why do you people believe these games?

no one liner, they are just trying to con the arabs.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is a very serious situation to be sure, today this photo was captured of yet another prominent U.S. Politician abandoning Israel...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20b875046418.jpg[/atsimg]

Sadly the politician drowned in the attempt after confusion and panic set in as to which way to go.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfee18903fa6.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps this politician should have learned earlier why our forefathters were insistent on seperating Church and State?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This doesnt mean their will be sanctions taken or even that the majority of the Likud party feel the same way as him. With any group of people in a political party there will be somebody who tries to make a name for themselves by taking a far sided stance.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

The true question is really is this a news worthy source or some arab propoganda?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
The true question is really is this a news worthy source or some arab propoganda?

Answer - ARAB PROPAGANDA

Here's the link to the stuff that Masonwatcher posted -
uruknet.info...

Interesting comments people leave.
Any of them yours, Masonwatcher? :shk:

Here's the mainpage to what he posted - uruknet.info...

[edit on 6/12/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Peled proposes Israeli sanctions on US

Oh no! Whatever would we do without kosher salt. This would be the equivalent of Mongolia imposing sanctions on us. Its not like the export anything to us. We have plenty of bases in the middle east now its not like Israel is a valuable military asset anymore.

I sincerely hope they follow through with their sanctions. It would go far to show the world what kind of government Israel really is.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
NWO,Alien invasion,World economic collapse i can handle.But no Gifilta fish??Kill me now!!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Answer - ARAB PROPAGANDA

Here's the link to the stuff that Masonwatcher posted - uruknet.info... Interesting comments people leave. Any of them yours, Masonwatcher?

Here's the mainpage to what he posted - uruknet.info...

FlyersFan, rather a disjointed comment from you. Why do you bother if you have nothing to contribute? You only contribute an ad hominim attack at me and give off the effect of a sneer. You also proceed to disparage uruknet which is an Italian website dedicated to exposing Israel and zionism. Uruknet strictly posts published material from the world wide press which is too large and diverse for zionist interests to dominate and manipulate.

While it is understandable for you to run in defence of your first loyalty, you owe us a reasoned response if you take the trouble to comment once you have read the post.

If you examine the article or even read it, you will see that it is in fact from the Jerusalem Post.

[edit on 083030p://pm3026 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by masonwatcher

Are not Arabs worthy of your fleeting attention particularly when your country invests so much in soldiers lives and resources to control?

Rest assured that the article was written by an Israeli and posted on an Italian website. Let's hope the originators of the article and hosts are of the correct complexion for you.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This arab propaganda is also featured in Time and Haaretz. As usual, those one-sided blindly dismiss sources they don't see fit. No research for corroboration or understanding that all media can lie and use propaganda on both sides.

Yossi Peled doesn't look like he is receiving much support though. And it seems it's more of a domestic political struggle than anything else.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Manouche]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance - Remember?

Here's the article straight from the Jeruseleum Post

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1244371046569

And here's the closing summation:

"I have no doubt that Prime Minister Netanyahu did not know in advance about this proposal, and that he would reject it as outlandish."

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

And here's the closing summation

Yes the closing summation shows that elements within the Israeli power structure wants to make moves against the US all because Obama suggested that settlements have to go and the Palestinians be given their own country.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

FlyersFan, rather a disjointed comment from you. Why do you bother if you have nothing to contribute?

It's what he/she does.

If one person has a problem with Israel, it may be that person. If 4 billion people have a problem with Israel, it is Israel.

Can anyone say duh?

AAC

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Trexter Ziam

And here's the closing summation

Yes the closing summation shows that elements within the Israeli power structure wants to make moves against the US all because Obama suggested that settlements have to go and the Palestinians be given their own country.

Most Americans have a short memory friend. In 1991 George Herbert Walker Bush, Sr. vetoed Congressional Loan Gaurantees for 10 Billion Dollars for the State of Israel to build housing on the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

He said that those actions violated the Oslo Accords and rightly vetoed them.

AIPAC went ballistic to say the least. Headlines from the New York Times to the LA Times to the Washington Post, to the Miami Herald vowed that AIPAC would get enough Congressional support to over ride the President's Veto.

It got so ugly after about three weeks of Jewish Lobbyists burning up the airwaves in talk show appearances and Newspapers that the Israel Government couldn't take the embarassment the flap was causing anymore and publicly asked all Jewish Lobbyists to please stop their efforts in trying to over ride the Veto.

At the start of the episode, George H.W. Bush, Sr. had the highest approval rating of any sitting President in U.S. History, 9 months later he couldn't win reelection the press slaughtered him so bad from that point on.

If Obama means business, this will all get very ugly before all is said and done.

Very ugly, the Jewish Lobby Crowd plays rough.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I see a major problem, but I do see a NWO conspiracy lurking in every corner. Our government is basically zionist controlled. Google it, most of the zionist Israeli PM's have said it multiple times.

We fund the IDF in entirely. Our corporations are allowed to give tax free donations to Zionist Israel....which also feeds their military hunger.

You've got almost all MSM feeding "We The People" pro Zionist information on a daily basis. I usually serf whatreallyhappened, pravda, novosti, and Israeli sites. Even the Israeli sites say how it is. Considering all the above, what do I come up with? The lawmaker's of OUR country simply want more slush fund hush money.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

rather a disjointed comment from you.

There was nothing 'disjointed' about it.
The question was asked about where the 'information' came from.
I gave the answer. It's a disgusting anti-jewish site. Nothing more.
The comments left there are ignorant.
Ditto anyone who takes that site seriously.

Why do you bother if you have nothing to contribute?

I contributed greatly. Exposing the site for what it is.
You just don't like being exposed for being a person who plays at such sites

the effect of a sneer.

Oh .. I was definately sneering at you. You make it so easy.

for you to run in defence of your first loyalty,

My 'first loyalty'. :shk: Oh brother. Get some fresh air will ya'?
That's really, really, pathetic.

Let's hope the originators of the article and hosts are of the correct complexion for you.

Oh that's right .... insinuate racism and/or anti-Islam bigotry when people see through your anti-Jewish posts.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
It's what he/she does.

I'm a she ... and no I don't.
Pretty pathetic deflection attempt.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Cool. Does this include naval blockade of US by our mighty navy?

However, disregarding insanity of the general spirit of his suggestion to sanction US, i think that it would be wise to stop recieving military aid from USA. It would allow more investments in local economy , more diversity in import and - last important but never the less - stop all the idiocity about USA totally funding Israel. Israeli budget (2009) is 92.6 billion $ (no, we are not financial super power). Military part is 16.5 billion $.
in.reuters.com...
Military aid by US - 2.55 billion $.
www.globes.co.il...
However - to sanction US? What does he smoke i wonder...
Oh, AnAbsoluteCreation:
You counted how many people have problem with Israel by yourself or is it your "scientific" gut feeling? Not to go into "majority does not equal correct" thing, throwing numbers from nowhere claiming to represent 2/3 of all the people is not the best way to prove your point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join