It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Health-Care Bill to Include 600 Billion in Tax Increases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
House Health-Care Bill to Include 600 Billion in Tax Increases

June 12 (Bloomberg) -- Health-care overhaul legislation being drafted by House Democrats will include $600 billion in tax increases and $400 billion in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel said.

Democrats will work on the bill's details next week as they struggle through "what kind of heartburn" it will cause to agree on how to pay for revamping the health-care system, Rangel, a New York Democrat, said today. He also said the measure's cost will reach beyond the $634 billion President Barack Obama proposed in his budget request to Congress as a down payment for the policy changes.

Well, with every new detail that comes out about Health Care reform, the number just keeps growing and growing. The argument that a single payer system is going to be "cheaper" and lead to a better quality life seems to be falling apart.

How taxing people out of house and home and being able to provide basic necessities, such as food and water, to even worry about health care leads to better quality life is beyond me.

Then there is also this little nifty thing Rangel, another tax cheat that wrote the tax law, said:

Asked whether the cost of a health-care overhaul would be more than $1 trillion, Rangel said, "the answer is yes."

Now do you really want to trust your life to these sleazy politicians?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Looks like we don't have a choice as to trust them or not.

They are going to ram it down our throat anyway.

Wouldn't cutting Medicaid and Medicare mean there may be people who have less doctors to choose from, poorer care, and possibly more health issues?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That is what it looks like. There are some very big glaring questions that very few are asking. Such as the one you said lack of doctors. The other one is how are we going to pay for all this?

Eventually our creditors are going to stop lending us money.

Just like TARP and the stimulus bill its going to get shoved down our throats and make everything worse.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
600 Billion in taxes, 400 Billion in cuts, and 634 Billion from TARP. That 1.634 TRILLION DOLLARS!!! What are we doing here?? How can we afford this right now? Didn't Obama say no one over 200K would pay more taxes, so who's going to pay?

Check out this link
Key health care senators have industry ties

The wife of Sen. Chris Dodd, the lawmaker in charge of writing the Senate's bill, sits on the boards of four health care companies.

That is a HUGE conflict of interest!

-E-

[edit on 12-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Oh yea this bill is being written by special interest.

And how are we going to pay for it? I keep asking the same question, but nobody that supports it can answer me.

Between This, the Climate Bill, Stimulus I(passed by Bush), Stimulus II(Obama), TARP, our tax burden is going to to be 80% of our income. That isn't even including the hidden tax of inflation, a weakening dollar, and unemployment still sky rocketing, and existing entitlements.

We are all going to be living in the streets by the time it we have to pay, our children and our grandchildren are going to have to be living in the street to pay all this back.

I just don't see how any of this is a good idea.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Not only that but with the institution of government insurance it will run all of the private insurance companies out of business. Guaranteed. When that happens what happens to all the people in the nation that either work for these companies or supply these companies?? More unemployment. Guaranteed.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Since the other thread will be closed, I am posting my response from there here.

BTW, even though the left keep claiming they are not bowing down, and accepting Communism, it is obvious by those who have eyes to see, and ears to listen that they have.

Take a look at the color of the shirts these left wingers have when they were demonstrating to have "guaranteed welfare"

Most in the left, at least the regular people, probably have no idea what they have accepted as ideals come from no other system than Communist dictatorship, and thanks to them the United States, which was the last bastion fighting against Communism, is being turned into another Communist dictatorial system.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

You got that right.

Look at places like Mass. and Oregon. Look at Hawaii they had to cancel their public option because it wasn't sustainable.

Then California is about to collapse.

The rich people are going to flee when their tax burden because unsustainable, it's already happening in places like Cali, NY, and other places that are taxing the rich out of existence.

There are a lot of people that are about to get a backhand slap of reality. They are not going to like it.

Then we have the drive by media that refuses to be tough on Obama.

Unemployment is going to be 20% (U-6) by the end of this year if they don't stop spending. This is bad.

Not only that, but what are going to be the repercussions. They are pushing people into a corner and people are going to eventually start acting out.

And there is nothing we can do to stop it. It's going to get shoved down our throats.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The health-care bill is just another means to an end for those in power.....When I say an "end", i mean the disappearance of the middle class. The revised health-care system is just another prong of a multi-pronged attack to take away the power and rights of the masses, and to widen the gap between the haves and the have-nots.
I'm really trying to look at this from a global point of view, because if those in power in Washington truly cared about the citizens whom they're supposed to represent, none of the crap that has been going on could've or would've happened. Too many of the bureaucrats in Washington are seemingly complying with some sort of global agenda, and it becomes more and more apparent that part of that agenda is to whittle away the population worldwide. This health-care bill would go a long way towards ensuring the deaths of hundreds of thousands of citizens in the US. Just my take on the whole thing, take it as you will.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This plan officially sucks.

Obama needs to get his # together and throw the insurance companies out the window. It's pretty obvious that there is a LOT of lobbying going on.

Now, instead of having a single-payer plan that is supported by raised taxes (like the rest of the civilized world), we're going to be forced to pay whatever the insurance companies want, and on top of that we'll have increased taxes as well?

Is he trying to single-handedly destroy the US economy? It seems more and more like it every day.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

You got that right.

Look at places like Mass. and Oregon. Look at Hawaii they had to cancel their public option because it wasn't sustainable.

Then California is about to collapse.

The rich people are going to flee when their tax burden because unsustainable, it's already happening in places like Cali, NY, and other places that are taxing the rich out of existence.

There are a lot of people that are about to get a backhand slap of reality. They are not going to like it.

Then we have the drive by media that refuses to be tough on Obama.

Unemployment is going to be 20% (U-6) by the end of this year if they don't stop spending. This is bad.

Not only that, but what are going to be the repercussions. They are pushing people into a corner and people are going to eventually start acting out.

And there is nothing we can do to stop it. It's going to get shoved down our throats.

it's not only the rich that are walking away from NY.....all you have to have, is enough $$$ to get out of the state!! go to syracuse.com some time when you want some laughs, find a story about their budget and spending and well, check out the comments....gee, those people are starting to sound like me...

the hardest backhand is gonna hit the lawmakers that actually try to pull this off...when they find out that our economy cannot support all these taxes, I mean, are they even considering that the revenue that they are gonna be getting from us taxpayers is more than likely gonna be shrinking for about a year or so, since, well.....people have to work in order to pay the danged taxes?

still say the whole thing is just a diversion...things are gonna fall apart before they get this plan into final format and passed...there's no way they are stupid enough to try to tax the economy like this....not now!

by the way, I am 5 ft 7, and weight around 115 lbs, I've gotten lectured by doctors to eat more. I also supposedly have bones that are weakening...
so, can anyone tell me, just how in the world is them taxing chocolate milk supposed to make me healthier. I got a feeling that my doctor would be more apt to say that I can have all the chocolate milk that I want!!!
by taxing the stuff that they deem as "unhealthy" for the majority of obese people, are they harming those on the other end of the spectrum?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've been reading all of this thread and other's plus listening to everything I can on TV and radio about what Obama is doing to our country.

From what I can gather, this man is going to make all of us live under socialiam or communism .
He wants to take EVERYTHING from us so we'll come begging him to feed us and make it possible for us to survive.
Do you really want to survive after he's taken everything from us?

Everyday I read or hear about something else he is doing or going to do.

He's had 4 1/3 months to do all of this in and he hasn't wasted one minute doing it.

I'm tired of sitting here reading about how he is changing our very way of life.

I've been thinking alot about having him impeached.
I know it can be done because Nixon was impeached and Clinton almost was for alot less than Obama has done.

What is the procedure to begin this?
Would this turn around all the damage he has already done or are we at a no turning back point?

There must be something that all of us can do to stop this man from destroying our country.

I feel so hopeless for my daughter and my grandchildren.

Why can't all of us that feel this way get together and DO something to save our country and generations to come after us?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I posted this post over 3 hours ago and I can't believe that no one has said anything about it.

I guess everyone is just all talk and have no intentions of doing anything to help our country.

It seems to me that everyone wants to complain and not stand up and demand that we want are country back.

I'm sick of all the complaining about Obama.
EVERYBODY WANTS CHANGE BUT NO ONE IS WILLING TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

JUST WORDS! JUST SPEECHES!
BHO

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

I've been busy with other things.

What are you going to do? There isn't anything we really can do at this moment in time. Everybody is still struggling to get by.

Just give it sometime, don't rush things. The government is already entrenched there is no preventing that. Besides every week that passes with every crazy insane policy that passes and plan he talks about he turns more people against him.

The country is not going to go the fate of Cuba or Venezuela, the people won't let it. The country will cease to exist before that happens. Obama is digging his own hole, just be patient.

This health bill sucks but it will be at least a full year or more before this gets going off the ground. I think there is a July Fourth protest going on somewhere I saw somebody mention it.

If you want to start organizing a peaceful protest then do it. Talk to people in your community. Things are just getting warmed up.

Remember be peace, stay vigilant, and keep your cool. This health bill if it passes will take a year or more for it to go into effect. They have hire all these people and everything else.

The bond market is about to collapse, wants that goes hold on to your seats.

Don't go do anything crazy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I would NEVER do anything crazy.
Besides, I'm disable so I couldn't do much to help anyways.

I was thinking , like you said about organizing a peaceful protest.

You are right that it would take quite awhile for the health plan to take effect.

My husband was talking about the bond situation tonight.
Thats a very serious thing.

Everyday I wonder what he'll come up with next. He doesn't even stop on Sundays.

Time and patience will solve all things I guess.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

That it does. He's going to slip up. His propaganda er media lovers are sinking on ratings. Then his "Pay Czar" or "Master of Compensation" what ever they are calling him is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Don't forget the voter turn out wasn't anymore people than in past elections. He only got 52% of the vote, hardly a majority, then most of his voters were people fresh out of high school and college.

Obama is a child playing a grown mans game. Like I said he is digging his own hole. There is nobody to fight for him. He's already turned the military against him. The media, all media, is trying to go into damage control and its way to late for that.

The thing about liars is that they always get found out. Obama is walking on thin ice and its cracking more and more with every step he takes. People are outraged, but they are doing what they need to be doing which is taking care of their families.

This health care bill sucks, but so does the climate bill. With rising unemployment the tax revenue isn't there. I don't know if other people see it, but our government and the entire worlds power structure is collapsing in on it self.

He just keeps spending like a drunken sailor. Then the dems are about to lose their majority in 2010 and it will stop him dead in his tracks, and hopefully they will impeach him.

As has been said by somebody else on this site, I see the flames over the horizon and we are heading straight for it at full speed. You and your husband need to stock up on food and necessities and have enough at minimum and the bare minimum one month, I would recommend 3 months minimum and 6 months would put you in the safe zone.

I just hope people don't go and do stupid stuff because the pot is boiling over and the littlest thing could set it off.

Just worry about you and yours get yourselves set up and then worry about the rest latter. Times are about to get really really ruff.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Democratic Leader Laughs at Idea That House Members Would Actually Read Health-Care Bill Before Voting On It
Wednesday, July 08, 2009

www.cnsnews.com...

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D.-Md.) (Congressional photo)Washington (CNSNews.com) - House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Tuesday that the health-care reform bill now pending in Congress would garner very few votes if lawmakers actually had to read the entire bill before voting on it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Look, seriously, weren't we specifically assured that the new Administration was NOT going to be a "Tax & Spend" orgy?

Brother, the health care industry and Chemical industry are going to rake in the bucks! I wonder if we'll get anything at all out of this.... other than fleeced.

new topics

top topics

join