It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
...i guess palin's thin skin means no one can roast her...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Wow. Another 9-10 page thread about trivial mainstream media entertainment. Am I on ATS or am I on the CBS forum?

I have nothing else to say...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

So if someone makes a joke about raping your daughter

I thought this was the Letterman thread.

What story are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schabadoo

He was talking about Lettermans joke about ARod knocking up 14 year old Willow Palin at the game the other night. Statutory rape is still rape. There are still people out there who think the joke was about Bristol Palin, but she wasn't at the game....so that makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
There are still people out there who think the joke was about Bristol Palin, but she wasn't at the game....so that makes no sense whatsoever.

And you're sure that Letterman knew this? If so, how?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

As much as Letterman is obsessed with Palin there is no doubt that he knew. He just changed his story after the fact. Since we both don't know exactly what he was thinking....shouldn't we just go by what he said? Words mean things.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

.shouldn't we just go by what he said? Words mean things.

OK, we'll do that. He said “One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game," Letterman said, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.” So now how can we infer what daughter he was talking about if "Since we both don't know exactly what he was thinking..."?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

That's easy.....the only daughter that was at the game was Willow. There was no other daughter at the game.

1 + 1 = 2

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Circliclar logic my friend. It still doesn't show what daughter he was talking about. Your only point is that the younger daughter was at the game. Still doesn't show me that Letterman knew which daughter he was speaking about.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I just read that Sarah's lil remarks made Dave's ratings go up.

Dave's laughing all the way to the bank.

Well done Sarah, If your goal was to draw even more attention to the remarks made and hence more scrutiny towards yourself, ... mission accomplished !!

when did everyone lose their senses of humor. in politics and hollywood, ..... nothing is sacred. if you choose to live your life in the public eye be prepared for criticism. ..... end of story. It goes both ways. You can't just get up there, say whatever you want, and portray yourself to be something without any kind of input from the people.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Is it possible to get "knocked up" at a baseball game you DID NOT attend?

Alex Rodriguez was there and the only Palin daughter at the game was 14 years old.

Just think if Sarah Palin wouldn't had been in NY raising money for charity she would not have been at the game.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This:

There are still people out there who think the joke was about Bristol Palin, but she wasn't at the game....so that makes no sense whatsoever.

Either he didn't bother to see which daughter was at the game, which makes him a jackass, he was indeed referencing the 14-year-old and is now lying about it, which makes him a jackass, or he was talking about the girl who was only four years older, which makes him a confusing and not funny jackass.

I don't see why it matters. This man talked about a young girl (18 is still young), and most likely an under-aged girl, having random, promiscuous, and potentially illegal sex with a 33-year old baseball player in front of her mother in the middle of a baseball game. Not only is that not funny at all, but it's disgusting and perverted. If this was about Obama's daughter, or even his wife (there's a controversy going on right now), then this man wouldn't have a job anymore.

Or if God forbid we refer to adult girls as "nappy-headed hoes." That's a crime and grounds to lose your job. But Palin's daughter's, no problem there! I don't understand it. Is it political bias? Does the media just hate Palin's family that much?

We shouldn't stand for the audacity and viciousness that's allowed to stand against some people. It's a matter of integrity.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Is it possible to get "knocked up" at a baseball game you DID NOT attend?

Alex Rodriguez was there and the only Palin daughter at the game was 14 years old.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? That still doesn't show that he knew what daughter was at the game. Are you so stuck in this partisan stuff that basic logic is escaping your grasp?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Honestly, look at it from Letterman's standpoint. If you make a joke, sexual in nature, about a minor...you are committing suicide. Your entire career is destroyed. I really do not think he was referring to Palin's younger daughter.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

lol i agree

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Whether it was Willow Palin or Bristol Palin DOES NOT make the "joke" any less insulting! My god almighty! Honestly what the f**k are some of you liberals smoking that you think somehow his joke about raping an 18 year old child somehow is more acceptable than if it were about her 14 year old child? Are you people seriously that stupid? Rape is rape, whether the victim is 14 years old or even 50 years old! For god's sake why don't you take your ridiculous circumstantial moral relativism and shove it down someone else' throat because I ain't buying it!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
[edit on 15-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
An actual apology without the joking around.

www.thrfeed.com...

Here's the full text of Letterman's comments, which will be telecast tonight.

“All right, here – I’ve been thinking about this situation with Governor Palin and her family now for about a week – it was a week ago tonight, and maybe you know about it, maybe you don’t know about it. But there was a joke that I told, and I thought I was telling it about the older daughter being at Yankee Stadium. And it was kind of a coarse joke. There’s no getting around it, but I never thought it was anybody other than the older daughter, and before the show, I checked to make sure in fact that she is of legal age, 18. Yeah. But the joke really, in and of itself, can’t be defended. The next day, people are outraged. They’re angry at me because they said, ‘How could you make a lousy joke like that about the 14-year-old girl who was at the ball game?’ And I had, honestly, no idea that the 14-year-old girl, I had no idea that anybody was at the ball game except the governor and I was told at the time she was there with Rudy Giuliani … and I really should have made the joke about Rudy …” (audience applauds) “But I didn’t, and now people are getting angry and they’re saying, ‘Well, how can you say something like that about a 14-year-old girl, and does that make you feel good to make those horrible jokes about a kid who’s completely innocent, minding her own business,’ and, turns out, she was at the ball game. I had no idea she was there. So she’s now at the ball game, and people think that I made the joke about her. And, but still, I’m wondering, ‘Well, what can I do to help people understand that I would never make a joke like this?’ I’ve never made jokes like this as long as we’ve been on the air, 30 long years, and you can’t really be doing jokes like that. And I understand, of course, why people are upset. I would be upset myself.

“And then I was watching the Jim Lehrer ‘Newshour’ – this commentator, the columnist Mark Shields, was talking about how I had made this indefensible joke about the 14-year-old girl, and I thought, ‘Oh, boy, now I’m beginning to understand what the problem is here. It’s the perception rather than the intent.’ It doesn’t make any difference what my intent was, it’s the perception. And, as they say about jokes, if you have to explain the joke, it’s not a very good joke. And I’m certainly – ” (audience applause) “– thank you. Well, my responsibility – I take full blame for that. I told a bad joke. I told a joke that was beyond flawed, and my intent is completely meaningless compared to the perception. And since it was a joke I told, I feel that I need to do the right thing here and apologize for having told that joke. It’s not your fault that it was misunderstood, it’s my fault. That it was misunderstood.” (audience applauds) “Thank you. So I would like to apologize, especially to the two daughters involved, Bristol and Willow, and also to the governor and her family and everybody else who was outraged by the joke. I’m sorry about it and I’ll try to do better in the future. Thank you very much.” (audience applause)

Not a Letterman fan since the big left turn he took. But this apology really sounds authentic.
to Letterman!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Not a Letterman fan since the big left turn he took. But this apology really sounds authentic.
to Letterman!

I don't like this at all, i think it's pathetic. He's caved to a small section of public pressure. The man has a spine of sponge! Comedy should never be silenced. The entire point of comedy is to poke at things that people don't want to talk about, to question things that are right on the edge.

Comedians make jokes about cancer, the holocaust, rape, murder, sex etc etc ad nauseam. Personally i think comedy is one of the most important areas of free speech because it is the testing ground, the place that gets attacked the most with people trying to silence it.

I bet people that hated him for saying this laugh at all sorts of inappropriate jokes, but just because it's Palins daughter they're up in arms. If this joke had just been about some random pregnant teenager i bet it wouldn't have had half the air time.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I agree I think shes hot but other than that i think shes a dry babby and cant take the heat that all the other politicians have no problem taking. so what Letterman made a joke its what he does. shes showing her immaturity by crying about it all like her 14 year old lil girl . Get a life palin.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join