It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

I can move the goalposts for you if you don't want to believe he was talking about a 14 year old girl. Even though it was the 14 year old daughter he was referencing, since she was the one at the baseball game (that he was talking about).

Again, you continue on with your desperate attempt to character assinate even when contradicting facts are right in your face.

Read my last post.

How does a politician appropriately handle a situation where sexual jokes are made about his or her 18 year old daughter on national television?

With something that is based on reality. Read my last post.

Sure makes our politicians look intelligent when they have to resort to delusional content to assassinate another's character.

How does a politician appropriately handle a situation where a joke is made about his or her 18 year old daughter on national television, that implies she is a prostitute (Eliot Spitzer)?

That was probablyanother ironic aspect of his joke - which no one can get over the mistake of identity. Bad taste? CRY MORE. Jokes are not meant to be utterly truthful ALL THE TIME, but most people get offended when they are utterly truthful.

When or why is it ever appropriate to make sexual jokes about 18 year old girls?

When she got knocked up, she was all game. You think people out of the spotlights don't get teased for doing the exact same stuff?

I call ignorance or a direct attempt at arguing for the sake of arguing.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
You can post quotes from anyone you want. It wont prove anything other than what i said. They're all idiots. But this is about Palin, so saying Obama is dumb too doesn't do any good for your cause.

Ok, but why are you posting quotes from Palin? Is there a threshold of idiotic statements that one can make that proves one is an idiot? I mean, what are you getting at?

Also, no i didnt compare palin to Hitler

Of course not.

I compared your ignorant logic to hitler to say that by your grade school logic, hitler was a good guy too.

So now you want to make this about being a "good guy" (or girl)?

And I'm the one with grade school logic?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Alright folks, last verbal warning. Any further personal attack will be dealt with harshly.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Ok, but why are you posting quotes from Palin? Is there a threshold of idiotic statements that one can make that proves one is an idiot? I mean, what are you getting at?

All i am saying is that Palin is an idiot. Letterman apologized and said "look, i wasnt talking about willow i was talking about bristol, im sorry for the joke, it was a bad joke, etc etc etc"

But it still wasn't good enough. She was out for public spot light and nothing more. She was, once again, exploiting her family for media attention.

She is an idiot. And it's wise to never listen to an idiot. THe quotes i posted were merely icing on the cake to show that she truly is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
When she got knocked up, she was all game. You think people out of the spotlights don't get teased for doing the exact same stuff?

I asked what you thought was appropriate, not what you think goes on.

That's a pretty sad state of affairs you've set forth as precedent. But hey, it's supposed to be a free country, I guess.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

The appropriate response would be to get upset, i agree. She thought he was talking about her 14 year old daughter.

But after the clarification and the apology - what is the point in dragging it out?

There's only one real answer and that answer is she's only after media attention. She could care less about her family.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I asked what you thought was appropriate, not what you think goes on.

That's a pretty sad state of affairs you've set forth as precedent. But hey, it's supposed to be a free country, I guess.

Again, I'll refer you to my post I made earlier, in fact here is what I want to point out:

National television is a joke anyway. But aside, the appropriate response would definitely not be to go delusional and take his joke out of the context he originally meant, then affirmed when he was confronted about it the first time. Believeing a situation is anything other that what is stated as truth is simply delusional.

Counter with a rational argument is all I'll say. Don't be a retard and character assassinate when the contradicting facts are right in front of your face.

So what could she say back to his original context? I can now understand why she has to bring fake crap up: SHE GOT OWNED.

What is approptiate? SOMETHING BASED IN REALITY.

What could she have said to him? I have no clue, I don't know a lot about him or his kids that I could counter with an intelligent comment based in reality.

Which is why she failed so hard. She keeps on with false facts, which basically means shes trying to play him at his own game... failing to do so.

*and it seems axactly as fremd says: She's all bout the publicity, less about the feelings.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ok, Palin must respond with something based in reality, lest she be considered out of line.

Should David Letterman be held to the same standard based on reality? Remember, the REALITY of his joke was that he was referencing Palin's 14 year old daughter, whether he meant to or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Remember, the REALITY of his joke was that he was referencing Palin's 14 year old daughter, whether he meant to or not.

Which is the sticking point in the Kernel's opinion. He offered an explanation AND an apology. Anyone that doesn't accept that as such is not thinking logically. Or they just want to be pissed off at someone that took a shot at their political bent.

She wants to get into it with Letterman? Good luck. He has a larger audience.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Ok, Palin must respond with something based in reality, lest she be considered out of line.

Should David Letterman be held to the same standard based on reality? Remember, the REALITY of his joke was that he was referencing Palin's 14 year old daughter, whether he meant to or not.

No, the reality of his joke was that it was aimed at the 18 year old. The continued assault on his character as being a rapist and pedophile, under these pretenses, is false.

Yes she should use an intelligent counter, lest she be considered an idiot.

That is if she wants to play his game. Research his history, the history of his kids. If you're so offended he called your daughter a whore, spit something actually real that made him an idiot before.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

Easy to offer an apology and explanation after the fact. Just like politicians, entertainers have "damage control" teams also.

It seems the way Letterman is obsessed with Palin he would have known her every move.

Oh and one more thing......GEAUX LSU! College World Series!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I also fail to see how one can be an "idiot" yet somehow manage to get elected as state governor while raising a family with several kids, have a high approval rating, and also become a vice president nominee.

I guess everyone on this forum are complete morons then.

First, not everyone on this thread called her an idiot. Second, she jumped the gun before finding out the details. I watched the clip of Letterman's and he makes no particular reference to Palin's 14 y/o daughter. She interpereted it as such.

Calling everyone on this forum a moron is just a bit childish, no?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No, the reality of his joke was that it was aimed at the 18 year old. The continued assault on his character as being a rapist and pedophile, under these pretenses, is false.

Bristol Palin was not at the game. How can a joke about being knocked up at a baseball game apply to someone that was not there? Letterman did not mention Bristol on purpose, the attack was on Sarah Palin's daughter that was at the game...just like he suggested.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
First, not everyone on this thread called her an idiot. Second, she jumped the gun before finding out the details. I watched the clip of Letterman's and he makes no particular reference to Palin's 14 y/o daughter. She interpereted it as such.

I never said everyone called her an idiot. Irrelevant.

He was referencing a baseball game that Palin attended with her daughter. The 14 year old daughter.

Are you intentionally misrepresenting my post or just entirely unable to understand the point of it?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK

I never said everyone called her an idiot. Irrelevant.

He was referencing a baseball game that Palin attended with her daughter. The 14 year old daughter.

Are you intentionally misrepresenting my post or just entirely unable to understand the point of it?

It seems you are exceptionally gifted at "rubbing people the wrong way". Having a debate is one thing...
There is no need to make things personal questioning someones intellegence.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Fremd

No, i see the point you're trying to make. But you're ignoring facts and making up things in order to try and make the point. Sarah Palin can't use her family to gain votes, then get pissy if any of them come under ridicule.

Ignoring facts and making up things?

If by some crazy reason I was running for public office...I wouldn't hide my family. I'd parade them around and be proud of who they were.

Her kids wouldn't even be a story if the media wasn't so focused on slandering her at every opportunity. I'd introduce my family...problems and all.

Once again...as you didn't answer yet...

Do you have children?

Ugh, Do you even WANT to understand his point? I mean its a clear as the nose on your face, yet your saying his nose is invisible!

She RAN her kids through the public eye on purpose. She was open to criticism that very moment. REGARDLESS if she wanted good or bad publicity, it is all the same. You dont get to choose.

Stop pretending she is immune from human traits we all endure...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Bristol Palin was not at the game. How can a joke about being knocked up at a baseball game apply to someone that was not there? Letterman did not mention Bristol on purpose, the attack was on Sarah Palin's daughter that was at the game...just like he suggested.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by RRconservative]

Even though he said he was sorry for the mistake of identity, and said he would never say a joke like that about a little girl, I think he should only apologize to the girl and let his intention stand.

Sorry for not knowing the family of every politician in this country and their financial worth... What's next? I must know the names of John and Kate's eight neglected, exploited children in chronological order by birth?

Anything else you want to argue just for the sake of arguing?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join