It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin calls David Letterman "Dirty old Man" and implies he's unsafe around girls!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

So it would be ok if I said that Michelle Obama had a "slutty stewardess" look?

Just asking. . .

There's already been LOTS of bashing of Michelle Obama. Maybe not from liberal media- but what do you expect?

So by your logic - it's okay to bash Sarah Palin only if someone bashes Michelle Obama as well?

Tit for tat?

Serioulsy - people like you are what is wrong with politics.

Michelle Obama deserves every bit of critisim she gets as well. When you enter a life of public service and representation - you should expect to come under scrutiny.

Bristol Palin took it up on herself to start making public announcements for her mother and her own agenda

And make no mistkae about it - Lettermans joke was aimed at Bristol palin...not "Willow". Common sense says so, pop culture says so. You disagree because it's the only thing your clingy desperate republican party can hold onto in order to stay in the national spot light when there aren't some congressman or senators off trying to cheat on their wives with another man, or young boy.

Sarah Palin took it upon herself to bring all of her family into the public microscope to furhter her own political agenda.

They get what they deserve.

Please stop trying to use political bickering to take a moral high road. You condemn it because it's against one of your own, then you turn around and try to condemn anyone who stands up for David Letterman.

Sickening.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
Sarah Palin brought her family into the public eye back during her campaign.

You can't Have your cake and "eat it too"

She started talking about her daughters baby and how noble she is for taking care of a mentally retarded child....yadda yadda yadda. Abstinence preaching from a whore mother bearing children out of wedlock?

Talk about hypocrisy.

Then gets all flustered when she comes under fire and criticism.

If you are going to boast about your family in public venues, you should anticipate ridicule about short comings.

It comes with the territory. Don't like it? Don't play the game.

I'm with David Letterman. It's a damn joke.

Although they do say every joke has a hint of truth to it -perhaps thats why she's so pissed off?

Can't handle the truth.

The whole idea that media can violate peoples families and personal space because they are famous is totally unethical and rubbish - we have just been conditioned to believe its ok. Its not ok.

Media and camera's and stupid people who have no business with this voyeuristic intrusion into peoples lives. Your thoughts on it can be your own - the mud slinging, and personal stuff that has no bearing or relevance is nothing short of criminal - however, it is legal according to the perverse laws of the powers that be.

The laws that allow you to examine peoples personal lives were created by the people that want to control you - think about why they want this kind of crap on television.

They want it because everyone is human - and it allows them to use the media to destroy whoever they chose. It is part of the prison - don't try and defend something that has no ethical reasoning.

If anyone does something illegal - then sure - that can be reported as news. Peoples lives should be their own - and having the power to intrude on families and personal space and put it on national television is evil.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Here's the link

www.now.org...

NOW actually did something I never thought they'd do. Break party lines and do the right thing.

I'm speechless. . . .

After two nights of "jokes" at the expense of Palin and her family, Letterman tried to explain himself and offer something of an apology. On his June 10 show, Letterman said he was referring to Palin's 18-year-old daughter, Bristol -- not the 14-year-old daughter who actually accompanied Palin on her New York trip. Letterman said "I recognize that these are ugly" jokes. NOW agrees. Comedians in search of a laugh should really know better than to snicker about men having sex with teenage girls (or young women) less than half their age.

On that point, it's important to note that when Chelsea Clinton was 13 years old she was the target of numerous insults based on her appearance. Rush Limbaugh even referred to her as the "White House dog." NOW hopes that all the conservatives who are fired up about sexism in the media lately will join us in calling out sexism when it is directed at women who aren't professed conservatives.

From the link provided in the guys post that i replied to.

Letterman offers an apology and an explanation. But that's not good enough is it?

I'll tell ya what. Desperation should be the new slogan for the GOP.

Beggars can't be choosers
We'll take what we can get

anything close will work as well

First it's despicable because everyone says Letterman was talking about a 14 year old girl (though he never gave ANY indication what so ever that this is true, people are merely speculating based on political bickering and idiotic thought processes)

and then it's even worse (according to the GOP) because he never apologized

So now we see in this thread that he not only apologized but said "Hey i wanst talking about a 14 year old girl who has never been in the public image except for when her mother attempts to exploit her for political gain"

"I was talking about the 18 year old Bristol who can't keep her legs, OR her mouth, closed long enough to talk about anything of real substance and instead chooses to let her legs make a liar of her mouth."

But it's still not good enough? He's sitll talking about a 14 year old because YOU say so?

Whatever helps you sleep better at night i guess

Of course I, too, am paraphrasing.

Wonderful how that works, isnt it?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

The whole idea that media can violate peoples families and personal space because they are famous is totally unethical and rubbish - we have just been conditioned to believe its ok. Its not ok.

For the 5th time now, please try to pay attention.

it's not okay to invade a famous person's family life.

However, on more than one occasion, Sarah Palin has brought her family into the family spot light in attempts to fruther her politcal agenda.

And on more than one occasion, we've all seen Levi, Bristol, and "TODD" (i always think of George Carlins impersonation of the name TODD when i see that man)

they've all made it their own mission in life to appear and talk and speak and do this and that.

THEY invited the media into their lives and then say "leave us alone" when the truth be told

It's "you can't have your cake and eat it too"

Thats the last time im going to explain it. You're grasping at straws to defeat my argument and ignoring truths that have been said.

It won't work.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Let's just put it this way:

Sarah Palin is an idiot. LOTS of politicians are. Lots of democrats, lots of republicans, yadda yadda, whatever, i agree.

But sarah palin IS an idiot. She's sensationalizing this event as if Letterman blew up the pentagon, and hoping on this as an opportunity to get some TV time.

But suffice it to say - she is an idiot. Nothing she says can be taken seriously - and everything she says needs to be analyzed and tested for accuracy. Let's not forget - she has foreign affairs experience because she's close to russia on a map...she's an idiot.

Even her own media source thinks so

Oh, yeah, she doesn't know all those things, but she can be tutored,

thanks bill-o

idiot.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
young girl get so much self estime problem because of mother like sarah palin who raise the standard to hight for there child...beauty pageants bimbo like her are push to far to performe as teasing whore that if someone say anything bad about them they will do anything to destroy them...most likely by sexual accusation...

exactly like she is doing..

exemple:a girl in high school she is having a crush on a guy and them to get him shy literally give her self to him and the boy is not interested and reject her...so the girl put rape charge because she is mad of getting rejected.....

same here with sarah palin

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hornyana_jones
young girl get so much self estime problem because of mother like sarah palin who raise the standard to hight for there child...beauty pageants bimbo like her are push to far to performe as teasing whore that if someone say anything bad about them they will do anything to destroy them...most likely by sexual accusation...

exactly like she is doing..

exemple:a girl in high school she is having a crush on a guy and them to get him shy literally give her self to him and the boy is not interested and reject her...so the girl put rape charge because she is mad of getting rejected.....

same here with sarah palin

Might you learn to first espouse your statements in a properly literate manner before attempting to insult someone?

As for "Sexual Accusations", Letterman did every bit of such, and he deserves whatever might come about as a result of his overly obese, porous mouth.

It never surprises me anymore how people seem to stake their Politics over and above the Principle of a matter.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I don't like Letterman or the way he gets cheap laughs by insulting the same people over and over again. Although it kinda is his day-job to make fun of others, is it not?

Sarah Palin copped a tone of s*** from these guys - a lot of the claims were very exaggerated and stereotypical to the extreme. Imagine being ribbed with countless jokes about your competence, religious views and family life.

While the claims may be unfounded, so were many claims against her that people like Letterman exploited in order to get cheap laughs. If Letterman takes offence at these remarks, then he should quit his current job.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I responed to another thread and I regret my mistake in assuming Sarah Palin was with her daughter, Bristol at the ball game. My mistake and forgive me please. Apparantly David Letterman's writers and David himself didn't investigate very well, just like I didn't. Yeah, now I will say, David Letterman is a puke. I have always suspected that. I did like him many, many years ago when he was funny. Even after Letterman was admonished for his tastless joke, which, yeah, I thought was funny, because I thought it was about Bristol, he continued to play stupid about it all. Just give up, Dave. Admit you are a tool for the leftists, just like Palin is a tool for the rightists. And apologize, sincerely. I would never make a joke about an underage child who never,ever put herself into the spotlight. And, Dave, you should not either. Your inability to truly apologize just shows how depraved you are.

If it was a joke about Bristol, then, yeah. It's open season. She put herself in the spotlight, as an adult, on TV. But this is about a 14 year old girl. Dave, I won't make jokes about your kid, nor will I make jokes about your wife, but I will make jokes about you, you old sorry excuse for an entertainer, who used to be funny, and relevent. Meanhwile, rock on Conan! You are kind of dumb, too, in my opinion, but you do have moments of humor. Jay Leno had class. You guys pretty much don't. And Johnny Carson? Oh,how much class he had, even when he adopted the sophomoric humor.

I expect absurdities from South Park. But Letterman? You might have not known you crossed the line, but at least adimit it when you find out you did. Show us at least a modicum of class., which you used to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yeah, like I can see Russia from my yard, or some such nonsense, which she never said. It was Tina Fey who made that up! lol. And, yet, I have relatives who still, to this day, claim this was a statement by Palin.
Good Gawd!!!!!!!!!! If there is one. WTF? The silly crap, yet made up stuff, from both the Republican party and Democrat party is disgusting. And, really, it truly isn't silly, is it? It's all damaging. And an insult to Americans.
May the Spaghetti Monster forgive us.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Classic response is:
1. Insult others and their intelligence, got it.
2. Advocate violence. Um okay, I guess I'm still listening....
3. Insult others and people "like them" yet again. Move on.
Okay, sounds cheap shallow and childish but, I'll play along....

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but...

[edit on 13-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's pretty funny that I read a ton of posts saying that Sarah Palin is "dumb", yet the posters who wrote it can't spell or put a complete sentence together themselves.
(No Palin supporter here, I'm not even American. But just wanted to point out the silliness.)

I like David Letterman. And I'll admit that a few of his jokes have even got me to blush. And even quite a few of them have been in poor taste. But people have got to have a thicker skin, especially if you're in politics.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Very good video. David Letterman has explained himself all he needs too. Firing him or censoring him would be wrong. Don Imus suffered an injustice as well. We can't censor comedians and still have a good show. BTW I am republican from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head. Sarah Palin will not have my support ever. Sorry

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
Let's just put it this way:

Sarah Palin is an idiot. LOTS of politicians are. Lots of democrats, lots of republicans, yadda yadda, whatever, i agree.

But sarah palin IS an idiot. She's sensationalizing this event as if Letterman blew up the pentagon, and hoping on this as an opportunity to get some TV time.

But suffice it to say - she is an idiot. Nothing she says can be taken seriously - and everything she says needs to be analyzed and tested for accuracy. Let's not forget - she has foreign affairs experience because she's close to russia on a map...she's an idiot.

Even her own media source thinks so

Oh, yeah, she doesn't know all those things, but she can be tutored,

thanks bill-o

idiot.

I see. So tell me, how should a politician, or anyone for that matter, handle a situation like this when a public figure makes a joke about raping your 14 year old daughter?

Ignore it?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join