It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-Wing Neocons Rooting For Ahmadinejad Win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Right-Wing Neocons Rooting For Ahmadinejad Win

www.huffingtonpost.com

American neoconservatives have often used the presidency of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to bolster their case for aggressive action against Iran. So the assumption might be that they would be rooting for Iranians to take care of the problem themselves by electing reformer Mir Hossein Mousavi in today's vote..

Instead, they're rooting for the anti-American bogeyman to stay in power.

Middle East Forum Director Daniel Pipes said in a speech at the Heritage Foundation that he would vote for Ahmadinejad if he could...

American Enterprise Institute's Michael Rubin told National Review's Kathryn Jean Lopez it might be better for Ahmadinejad to win, because a loss might give Obama the impression that diplomacy was working...

Other neocons, worried a shift in power will signal a fresh start relations with Iran...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2009 by grover]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I should hope my conservative friends would be as outraged by this as I am.

The same people who hawked the Iraq invasion on bogus grounds now want the hard liners in Iran to win... so we can continue down the same old tired path of confrontation and aggression.

Heaven forbid should diplomacy and reason be given a fair chance...

We should want reasonable people in power no matter the nation.

Hawks to the bitter end.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
While it certainly is no stretch to believe that neocons would *want* Ahmadinejad to stay in power, I personally believe it makes no difference who comes out on top in the Iranian presidential election.

The true and final power in that country resides with Supreme Leader Khamenei, not any figurehead president. A lot like the US, except our men behind the barbed curtain aren't all religious extremists.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ahmedinejad is a Philosopher. He is a writer, a thinker.. and yes, a figurehead.
He is an intelligent man, and many of the citizens in Iran love him, and think he does what is necessary for them. Hey, to each their own.

Whether he is in power or not, you guys are right, those Neocons will still want war. That is what they crave, I think, when it comes down to it. Blind 'patriotism' and debt turns them on.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think it's about time that conservatives realize what these neocons have done to your movement and your party. I would assume that you would be outraged. I am and would be if I were a conservative. These buffoons have been making fools out of you guys for years now. Step up and take back your party! Show the door to Limpbaugh, O'Reilly, Novak, Bush, Cheney, all of them. Make conservatism something to stand by and be proud of, not just a means for a few to use to consolidate their own power.
My opinion anyway...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well I am a right wing conservative and I dont want him in office.I want him dead.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well they might get what they want. I dunno if anybody has seen this yet but things are certainly looking good for Ahmadinejad right now.

www.cnn.com...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Also if you want to talk about bafoons perhaps you should look at your left wing bafoons that want to give rights to muslim radicals.Root out the evil from your own party before you start telling me what to do with mine.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's not going to matter who wins, the US is going to blow the crap out of Iran. War is money, oil is money and we have plenty of willing cannon fodder.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
LOL www.huffingtonpost.com ....enough said. This is so far from the truth it's pathetic. As a "rightwing" type myself, I certianly do NOT hope that he wins. The greatest accomplishment of that election is that peace can be brought to Iran by someone who wants to live at peace with the west.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Ahmedinejad is a Philosopher. He is a writer, a thinker.. and yes, a figurehead.
He is an intelligent man,

LOL! He is a nut job. I don't have one conservative friend who wants him to win the election.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Whom ever prevails in the election will still follow the orders of the ruling mullahs,obviously.As they have since 1979(islamic revolution).

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yeah i found it quite laughable that Rush Limbaugh on his show today was bragging about a huge turn out for the Iran Achminajad (i can't spell it, i dont' care)

saying "see, folks, this is a huge turn out for a CONSERVATIVE president"

So....on one hand he's evil and needs to be taken out of power
but on the other hand he's a conservative and should be worthy of praise

how anyone can still feel comfortable to associate themselves with these idiots from the GOP is so incredibly beyond me.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I get a real kick out of the spin that some people put on things. Does anyone know a self proclaimed neocon? This is a moniker that news media have produced to illicit response. Just like Farahkan liberalism is meant to illicit a response.

People need to stop falling in the same old mindset traps. Does it matter who Iran elects as president? Will a new President change the hearts of his people over night? Imho, no to both questions. When are people going to stop the end fighting and look as a whole toward the goal. Freedom and peace for all.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Of course nobody knows any conservatives who want that election result. That's because the article is about neocons or neo-conservatives. They are only referenced by the extreme left and the liberal media. Much like the elusive Chupacabra rarely seen in the wild.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
I don't have one conservative friend who wants him to win the election.

No real conservative wants him in office.
Not many on the left like him either.

The OP used THE LEFT WING HUFFINGTON POST for the story.

Ya' really can't believe anything they print. Bias and agenda.

[edit on 6/12/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To be fair, this whole story was constructed around that quote from Rubin.
If he's a appointed Neocon spokesperson, I suppose there is some accuracy to the story.

The quotes from other Neocons are fairly accurate. This election has nothing to do with who is really in power. Whoever wins will still be tasked with sending verbal barbs to the Western world.

I hope Ahmadinejad loses. It's not looking good though. Sounds like he's won, at this point.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well as a conservative, I can tell you that whomever the Huffington Post is quoting damn well doesn't speak for us all. Frankly I don't give a rat's ass who wins or loses over there as long as they quit stirring the hornet's nest when it comes to Israel. If Iran wants nuclear power for energy, fine, whatever, cooperate with the UN security council and do it the right way. I've no opposition to any country using nuclear energy as I'm a big believer in nuclear energy over fossil fuels any day. But use it to construct nuclear weapons like North Korea did, however, and I say we have a big problem.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Your problem Grover is that you see this as Republican versus Democrat, Conservative versus Liberal. You make blanket statements about all conservatives based on your impressions of a few. Within each party and political movement, people are all over the spectrum. While I am sure some conservatives are rooting for Ahmadinejad to win, I guarantee some liberals are as well.

There is not one opinion of a party or movement, and what you need to learn is both major parties are made up of moderates. The extreme rhetoric from liberals like you hurt your party, the same way that extreme rhetoric from hardcore Neocons hurts the Republican party. Stop painting with such a broad brush and being so hateful to those that don't hold the same opinions as you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join