It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living a normal life in dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Almost every night when I fall asleep I dream about an entirely different life...where I and the people I am with (someone in particular I in waking life cannot be with) are doing everyday, ordinary, mundane things, such as doing the dishes or just sitting around a pool. or laying in bed or on the couch having normal conversations. The details are all so very vivid, and they all take place in a house unknown to me in the real world, but apparently it is home to us. The constant and consistent thread is that we're very happy and very much at peace. This has been happening for 4-5 nights out of the week for a little over a year now.

(There is another recurring set of three dreams I also have that I have been told are of a past life with this same person....and these started about three years ago.)

Anyone have any ideas what kind of dreams this/these may be? Past life? Prescient? A mix? I'm wondering most of all if I'm sane. Thanks.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Do you ever wonder , if this is in fact your dream and that is your real life?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I believe dreams can be guided by external forces, but mainly the subconsious uses dreaming to work out problems encountered while awake.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
MR BOB brought up a good point.

Three questions, do you regret having these dreams? Can you control what you do in them? Are your dream settings modern? If not, maybe they are of your pastlife.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't want to derail this thread, but the OP has beaten me to it.

I have the same thing, I keep having dreams about living a different life.
But like the OP it's just mundane boring things of modern life.
I can go as far been able to draw maps of the roads I drive.

But it is not a lucid dream I cannot control the dream I am just observing through the eyes of someone, who I think is me.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Do you ever wonder , if this is in fact your dream and that is your real life?

Yes! Very much so. It almost seems as if some lines are being blurred. Hence the questioning my sanity thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerlyConfused
I believe dreams can be guided by external forces, but mainly the subconsious uses dreaming to work out problems encountered while awake.

I too believe this...however, in the case of these dreams...well I'm almost positive that I'm not the one guiding them at all...they're smply coming out of left field. They're not really solving any sort of problems either. I just don't know....

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
MR BOB brought up a good point.

Three questions, do you regret having these dreams? Can you control what you do in them? Are your dream settings modern? If not, maybe they are of your pastlife.

No...I can't control a thing...they just...are. The setting is today or perhaps the future. The pastlive dreams (the three recurring dreams I have in pretty much a standard rotation) are very different than this...almost scripted...and have a lot of dress and musical and family detail and they never vary but for maybe another tidbit being revealed now and then. They are so very very clear and (now that I've been told they are past life) obvious.

Somehow I think that the three recurring past life dreams and whatever it is that is happening in what I've come to call the alternative life dreams (which are always different..they never repeat) are connected. But I have no idea how.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
I don't want to derail this thread, but the OP has beaten me to it.

I have the same thing, I keep having dreams about living a different life.
But like the OP it's just mundane boring things of modern life.
I can go as far been able to draw maps of the roads I drive.

But it is not a lucid dream I cannot control the dream I am just observing through the eyes of someone, who I think is me.

Wow. Good to know (in a way) I'm not alone. Exactly! I can draw you the house, the people, the layout of the yard and pool...describe the cars in the driveway and the food we prepare and eat. Once even the dishwasher was broken, and I was washing dishes by hand. Other times I'm doing laundry and looking in on a child in the other room playing in front of the fireplace. Totally mundane life stuff.

I'm always me in them though...never observing me.

I've searched for possible explanations everywhere and can't seem to find anything other they might be a combination of numbers 3 and 4 of the 5 types of dreams...

1. Ordinary
2. Lucid
3. Telepathic
4. Premonitory
5. Nightmares

The thing is I don't see past life dreams on this list? Or anything anywhere that describes alternative lives. Ugh I know very little about this, which is why I thought to post here.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should see someone about this. They just don't quit.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'm beginning to wonder if I should see someone about this. They just don't quit.

Are these dreams starting to bother you?
I am not sure who you could see apart from a hypnotist?

Thinking back to my dreams, I have noticed the following

1. I am younger than I am now and single
2. I live in a flat (apartment) above some shops in a city centre
3. There are less people around, less dense, less cars
4. I am poorer
5. There are areas with networks of roads, but no buildings. just wasteland
6. Everyone seems worried about something, but just put on a brave face
7. I own a car but not many other people do; I have one because of my job but it's unusual to own one
8. Life is simpler

These dreams have only started in the past year.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I would say there is a probality that while the OP is sleeping he might be blurring the lines of this reality with another alternate reality in which he is living a different life. Not another dimension more another timeline/time rail on which that other life is heading.

To OP: Can You remember if that dream is set in the same city or is it a completly alien place (alien as foregin NOT extraterestial) to You ?

I would suggest Lucid Dreaming to get some more information out of the dream and explore the surroundings.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, is there continuity in your life-like dreams from night to night? Like, if in last night you told such and such that you would drive them somewhere tomorrow, and the next night in your dream you did it. I have had a couple of dreams sort of like that, but definitely not on a nightly basis, and usually much less realistic. Perhaps it is your past life as you said, who knows, but it is quite interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am also experiencing dreams where I am in other places and associating with people I do not know. The dreams are so clear that I can remember the roads, the buildings, etc., but it is not places I have been before. Even the cars I drive are not the same type and models I am currently driving or have ever owned before. In my dreams I also have skills and doing things I am not doing in my real life. It feels like I am in the present time, but in places I do not know.

I frequently tell my wife that I am feeling like living two separate lives. It occurs every night and I rather wish it should not happen to me, because I sometimes get confused between my real memories and my dream memories. My real life is much more substantial, while my dream life is more broken up in small parts with no specific chronological order from the one night to the other.
So you are not alone in this at all...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's funny about this kind of thing. It happened to me in my teen years and later in my twenties. I always thought that I was glimpsing my life on an alternate timeline, but I noticed, too that some of these things still would happen to me only I'd choose differently. I'd always have a decision to make in these dreams and I'd choose in the dream one path, but this way wouldn't work out, so while I actually had the real life choice, I'd go the other route so I figured it was a preparation to make the better choice. But, I've also had ones that weren't this type, just like you, normal days different type of life. Don't know what they were but another parallel life.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

ldyserenity
Don't know what they were but another parallel life.

I was thinking this exactly. And MR BOB made a good point too. -- Maybe this could have been your life if you had chosen another path? Made a different desicion? hummm.... Insteresting dreams at that!

I have a thread on dreams if you want to read though some of the posters dreams....maybe for some insight?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronwyn82

ldyserenity
Don't know what they were but another parallel life.

I was thinking this exactly. And MR BOB made a good point too. -- Maybe this could have been your life if you had chosen another path? Made a different desicion? hummm.... Insteresting dreams at that!

I have a thread on dreams if you want to read though some of the posters dreams....maybe for some insight?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thank you, bronwyn. I have been reading that thread for awhile now.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
For a long time I was very into the concept of "intersubjectivity": the feeling of your consciousness "sloshing around" with those of others.

I have had extremely detailed dreams (or maybe they weren't dreams...) of being involved in "interesubjectivity experiments" where beings of some sort attempted to stimulate and manipulate intersubjective states involving myself and other people...that is, our consciousnesses were "unmoored" from our personal beings and a kind of "group consciousness" was created...the phrase I keep coming back to is "sloshing around" because that's really what it felt like: I was in a group with a number of other people and I was getting bits and snippets of telepathy from them, or feeling my ego slip part-ways into other bodies, etc. As all this was happening, there was a sense of beings manipulating, observing, and conducting experiments (some quite painful) regarding this phenomenon.

Hypothesis: The dream state is at least partially an "unmooring" of the ego. We are being experiemented on or manipulated by some kind of higher-ordered beings (call them "aliens," "ascended beings from a higher plane," whatever) during dream states. This takes many forms. Perhaps what the OP and others in this thread are experiencing is his ego being removed from his own body and becoming located in the bodymind of another human...a kind of temporary swapping of subjective experience? With this would come a whole set of memories from that other human. I've also had this experience, too, as described by the OP and others, as well as the more "clinical" dreams where I can actually sense some sort of presence (not necessarily a benign one, either) "mucking about in my head" and forcing me to "slosh into" the minds of other people (and visa versa).

Yes, this sounds insane but what can I say? I've experienced it, for what its worth.

[edit on 6/14/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This happened to me just this morning, seriously, but I think it was totally my own doing, or else whomever those "Higher powers" are, they listened to me and gave me a wonderful little trist. Unfortunately I was rudely awakened from it by a neighbor needing a ride to work!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by FormerlyConfused

I too believe this...however, in the case of these dreams...well I'm almost positive that I'm not the one guiding them at all...they're smply coming out of left field. They're not really solving any sort of problems either. I just don't know....

Yeah I get the same thing were I experience an alternate reality which most of the time is a better one than I am in at the moment.
I believe they are concurrent alternate realities because a few times in the past couple of years I have dreams of events that then immediately proceed to happen during that day and pretty much verbatim too.
Freaky when it happens to say the least

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Interesting..

I had a dream a few years ago, where i was living in exactly the same house, same everything, except, there were several people with me on my house who i never use to befriend.

Everything looked and felt so real i could not make any difference and for a while i didn't realize that was just a dream, until i felt something weird inside me.

We were standing on the door of my room and there were several "friends" of mine saying things like "let's go already, come on, hurry up" and we were going out i don't remember where, but suddenly i said "this is not real" and i realized that was a dream, and all of them stared at me with very weird look on their faces and some of them said "what do you mean this is not real, come on don't fool around, let's go" and i was 'no, this is not the real life, this is a false world" and all they did was to stare at me and one of them, very seriously, said something like "forget about it, let's go", but i didn't and started to feel very weird, then started to feel very heavy and everything got distorted and it disappeared just like that, and i woke up on my bed, feeling very tired and confused..

??

Are we on the real world, or are we dreaming? that's a very good point isn't it?

A parallel dimension maybe?

Or, as i read somewhere else, don't remember where, is our mind capable enough to create a new world, which can persist on its own, maybe by the global effort of thousands of minds we can create our own universe where we can come and go at any time? but we don't even know we are doing it, since this is on a subconscious level?

new topics

top topics

join