It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

¡Hello from Venezuela!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hello, everybody! I'm from Venezuela, the land where oil is cheap, beautiful women abound, & president Hugo Chávez does what he wants at any cost! Is there a place in this forum where I can see how many countries are represented here?

I come from a scientific background, but being a life-long artist I appreciate the timeless beauty that results when art, science, and spirit come together. However, I'm also aware of how human intentions can distort whatever good appears in this world. So, I'm not a "conspirations fan" but I agree the truth is not always what is given to us. I usually use the "smoking doctor" example for this. ("Why do you keep smoking if you know how bad it is?") That's part of the human nature and I believe it's up to the individual to act accordingly.

My knowledge is equally divided among aerospace, engineering, music, art, and ecology. I'm open to learn about anything that's new to me and I've been told I'm a good teacher, so if I can be helpful to answer a question, just ask.

I also like to keep discussions on the rational side. As soon as I perceive someone is in it just for the sake of "winning the argument" I just retire. There's no point in holding up a dialogue when one side isn't listening. That's why I joined this forum.

Also, I'd like to point out I'm not a native English speaker, so if someone finds my grammar confusing, please tell me how it should be written to correct it ASAP.

I'm very excited to be another member of this community! See ya!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
welcome, I have had a few great holidays in Venezuela. the women definately are beautiful.
im from the uk where oil is very expensive, the women mostly overweight and Gordon brown running the country into the ground. we dont even get the good weather.

Enjoy your time here, fascinating stuff

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hola from Mexico, land of helping hands and friendly faces. Oh and the woman aren't bad here either if I may say so myself.

Wecome to ATS

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Welcome,is there any chance you guys can get that madman out of office?Perhaps also sell us more of that cheap oil?lol

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hi curbow.

muso to muso, what do you play?

Well Bass obviously. lol
But in a band or what?

I thought Chavez sounded like a good Egg, or am I completely off track?

new topics

top topics

join