It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X Found in 2Mass Survey Image?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

During a survey of Proxima Centauri by scientist Ron Stewart using an image provided by All Sky Survey 2MASS a project of IPAC/Caltech a space anomaly was found at 71 degrees north and about 4.2 light years from Earth. The Planetary body looks to be metallic with a surface structure not commonly seen on planets in our own solar system, those made from collisions, rather looking more like polished aluminum. The Planetary object has been given the name Planet X. The images below are a step by step process of enlargements using APEP and a description of how the images were obtained using 2MASS.
source

these images are explained on the source page....
enjoy

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333
[from the source:
The Planetary body looks to be metallic with a surface structure not commonly seen on planets in our own solar system, those made from collisions, rather looking more like polished aluminum.]

Is it what I think it could be?

I believe that, somewhere in the universe, there are spaceships as big as planets
'They' certainly have the technological capacity to create such behemoths.

Could one be heading towards us?

It doesn't look like the images usually associated with 'Nibiru' and its sun, 'Nemesis' unless it's taken from the same area, then it could be.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
4.2 light years? what if this new object is in fact a Dyson Sphere?
Becouse, for the distance involved, i doubt it would be a Deathstar kind of object...
on the other hand, for the quality of the images shown, theres no way to tell for real if it's metallic in nature o something else...

just to keep in mind...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
First off: [b]Scientists have found Planet X!

That's a headline in itself, c'mon guys (and gals), that's a brilliant headline!

On a SERIOUS NOTE:
4.2 Lightyears?
That's fairly close, in astronomical terms (pun wasn't intended!).
How come it wasn't found earlier?

And BTW if you plan on building a spaceship the size of a planet out of, or covered with, aluminium, you've got to mine it first.
And I wouldn't want to polish it either.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim.Hero

Ya i mean it might sound crazy but an advanced civilization might have the technology to build planets out of other materials. Whether or not that is what we are looking at I am not sure, but we have to keep our minds open to the possibility. Remember, impossible is nothing; thanks adidas.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Is this supposed to be the Planet X because that phrase is used to desribe any planet pending classification....

S&F btw........ I will have to do some additional research on this!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
First off: [b]Scientists have found Planet X!

That's a headline in itself, c'mon guys (and gals), that's a brilliant headline!

On a SERIOUS NOTE:
4.2 Lightyears?
That's fairly close, in astronomical terms (pun wasn't intended!).
How come it wasn't found earlier?

And BTW if you plan on building a spaceship the size of a planet out of, or covered with, aluminium, you've got to mine it first.
And I wouldn't want to polish it either.

Your assuming that they would need to mine it but if they could build something of this nature and size then perhaps they have come up with better ways to get raw materials.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i thought planet X was supposed to be in our solar system....

if it is then how is it even 1 light year away??????

Heliopause
Another valid boundary region for the "edge" of the solar system is the heliopause. This is the region of space where the sun's solar wind meets that of other stars. It is a fluctuating boundary that is estimated to be approximately 17.6 billion miles (120 A.U.) away. Note that this is within the Oort Cloud.

burro.astr.cwru.edu...

whereas

A light-year is equal to:
* exactly 9,460,730,472,580.8 km (about 10 Pm)
* about 5,878,630,000,000 international miles
* about 63,241.1 astronomical units
* about 0.306601 parsecs

and thats only 1 light year......

am i missing something here?

edit: just did the math
4.2 x 5,878,630,000,000 = 23,514,520,000,000
yes that 23 trillion miles away....

[edit on 6/12/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hmmm.....I know I'm not alone with thinking this sure sounded a lot like the Deathstar.

Then I got to thinking about other, seemingly metallic planet-like objects and I don't know why but a Dyson sphere popped into my head....but that would be a lot bigger....

but come to think of it, I was kinda surprised that I really didn't see any figures about it's size...and no mention of whether it was 'headed' somewhere...

just an un-named planet at this time? One that just happens to be made out of a polished aluminum looking substance?

I did find it interesting that the article mentioned southern observatories...and I have read recently warnings of nibiru, or the 'star' for Matreya coming out of the south....

won't be excited until they say it's headed HERE....and that it's moving about 6 times the speed of light...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

it would have to be moving that fast to get here by feb or march....

even if it was doing exactly the speed of light... it would still surpass the 2012 date, and thats not even taking into account that it might have to slow down from lightspeed first.

edit: im not trying to be pessimistic, just a realist. i would love to hear that they found it. my money is on something intelligently controlled if it is in deed made of aluminum and has an exhaust trail. that would be interesting to find no doubt!

but it definitely is wayyyy to far away to be considered a planet of our solar system

[edit on 6/12/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If this thing is over 4 lightyears away and a light year is roughly 6 trillion miles... then this thing is 24+ trillion miles from earth. To give perspective Pluto is nearly 4 trillion miles from the earth so this would mean this object is way out of our solar system still and isnt this planet X supposed to be closer to earth than that? Also this article comes from UFO Digest, not really a scientific source, don't get me wrong I love UFO information.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
something that far away I believe it would have to travel between 1.33 and 1.34 light years per year or1.3 times the speed of light.
for 3 years aprox. this is not exact but close i do not think it is that far fetched..... if it is under intelligent control

these were calculations based on 4 light years and not the actual 4.2

[edit on 12-6-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, a UFO researcher claims to have found a new planet...

No offense to the UFO/conspiracy crowd out there, but until I hear a mainstream respected scientist outside of the UFO/conspiracy crowd say they discovered a new planet, I'm not believing it.

There are photos of the new planet...

Seems like a fairly normal photo of stars to me. Couldn't someone just pick a random NASA photo, point to a small dot and claim they found a new planet? Once again, I'm not buying it until a mainstream scientist can back up these photos and tell me there's a new object in them.

The planet is VERY far away...

Too far away to be within our system? I'm no expert

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hi THE

Only Dyson sphere in existance

www.dyson.co.uk...

Its the yellow thing

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi Look

Here

www.ufodigest.com...

More BS from UFO digest they are saying its metal from the image on the page
What detail the guy is deluded

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but here is how to find an image of the object(s) in question through an infrared filter on skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov

This has not been blurred or blocked out... yet. If you use a few other filters, you will see some obvious blurring.

The following coordinates are supposedly derived from the Avebury Crop Circle.

Reference: www.youtube.com...

The coordinates are 13 48 0, -8 24 25

Use the coordinates on the SkyView Query Form under the IRAS 25 Micron survey. Leave everything else as default. You will see the objects clearly with their heat/energy trails behind them.

I think we should keep our eyes on this. This all seems very suspicious, especially since this area is completely blocked or blurred out by other sites such as wikisky.org

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

Seems like a fairly normal photo of stars to me. Couldn't someone just pick a random NASA photo, point to a small dot and claim they found a new planet? Once again, I'm not buying it until a mainstream scientist can back up these photos and tell me there's a new object in them.

well I do not put all my cash on a scientist that is closed minded ...and the Earth was flat a few years ago before the scientist changed their mind
damn would hate to be that guy... who said that then....you know what I am saying??

[edit on 12-6-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

4.2 light-years away? well, it's double-parked and late for the show.

Must be inhabited by a Caribbean entity......... soon come my butt

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

Please don't pass judgment on someone you know nothing about.
The Guy is not just some UFO nut/crack-pot !!

Scientist Ron Stewart is the inventor of APEP-Advanced Photographic Extraction Process.

"A scientific breakthrough in Optical science came in 2003 with the invention of APEP- Advanced Photographic Extraction Process. Since 2003, inventor Ron Stewart has made several ongoing improvements, making APEP applicable in other ways as well, such as: Sonar Imaging, Ground Penetrating Radar, Infra-red Imaging, X-Ray Imaging, Digital Photographic Imaging and astrophotography."

www.profindsearch.com...

The APEP has now been implemented to the Hubble Space Telescope and has had outstanding results

Ron Stewart works "with" NASA and just happens to be a UFO enthusiast.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Holy crap, 4.2 light years, it most likely isn't traveling anywhere near the speed of light.

Looks like its gonna be hella late for 2012, o well when the world doesn't end in 2012, we can look forward to a 2018 or 2020 date or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join