It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market Manipulation Smoking Gun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've been involved in bond trading, currency trading and securities trading (on a non-professional personal level) for the better part of 20 years...These markets quit making any sense to me back in 99...I've been in commodities (mostly metals) ever since...

The current run up in the markets make absolutely NO sense to me unless you can allow yourself to consider a purposeful manipulative element.....what the manipulators are trying to achieve has eluded me....until recently.....I'm not exactly sure of the whys, but the what is becoming clearer by the day...

I'll leave others to their own conclusions, but for me, it is becoming quite apparent that there is a global economic war being fought in the shadows...

From Zero Hedge
Source

Which is why we were greatly troubled when we learned recently on good authority that Federal representatives may have opened multiple undisclosed-type accounts with none other than State Street Global Advisors over the past few months. All of these accounts are allegedly handled by one single trader, who is cocooned and isolated from interaction with other partners.

From Denninger

Source

If The Fed is dealing through one "special trader" at State Street, then all such transparency of action and intent is GONE.

I realize that these blogs are often quoted here, but there is a reason....they won't say it out loud, but they are onto the manipulation....and it is looking as if the goal is the total and utter destruction of free market capitalism...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I can't speculate why or for what purpose or if I'm just being paranoid but I've been noticing the same type of trend you mentioned lately.

I'm trying to take advantage of it in the long haul so to speak but not sure if that is even possible at this point.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

It doesn't appear that there are any safe havens anymore...there is absolutely NO correlation between what the indicators say and what the markets are doing....some will point to simple greed...that may be the simple and true reason for the disconnect...Occam's Razor, right?....but there seems to be more at work here, and it's right at the tip of my fingers.....I can sometimes see flashes of what's really behind the curtain...

At first blush, it just looks like it every man (and woman) for themselves....put as much into your pocket as you can before the house of cards comes crashing down......a game of golden musical chairs...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As a completely non-indoctrinated layman I can assure you, that even I realized the economic war was underway. Every self-destructive economic policy is evidence that the enemy is 'within' our walls.

Surprisingly, everyone who comprises the 'public' can generally be said to be completely under the media's 'spell' about the matter, and are convinced that the architects of the manipulation are the 'saviors' to whom we must appeal, and grant power..., because only 'they' can save us.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yes.

I posted this in an off topic way in my own thread but I am glad it is picked up here too.

This is a source for more

market-ticker.org...

very interesting topic but we would need the MSM to jump on this too for it to be effective.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Source

t is quite obvious that somehow, some way, every way, every day, money is being transferred from the United States to various divisions of our Primary Dealer’s holding companies to insure that the appearance of foreign demand holds at our auctions to insure “confidence” is the word of the day. If you wish to believe the actions at today’s auctions are a result of some sort of miraculous macroeconomic shift that happened in a twenty four hour period, you should hop on a tea cup and ask Minnie Mouse for a spin. I’m sorry, there’s not 100% proof nor will there be for decades to provide absolutely conclusive proof of what I say but the charts do not lie and fact that our financial regulators and institutions lie, cheat and steal on a regular basis should provide enough skepticism to dismiss any actions in our upper echelon of the Fed, Treasury or remainder of the government that you could not possibly take the actions of these markets seriously until it is obvious they are NOT interfering. Which apparently now is rarely, especially since they have to focus on how to train a telecom guy in the auto business.

But there’s NO WAY those trading desks would ever buy stocks, bonds or derivatives to move the markets, I mean that (Snicker, giggle, roar). Funny thing is, now that they Federal Reserve and Treasury have their hooks into these corporations and numerous other banks, they suddenly have a gazillion offices and subsidiaries in the Caribbean. Another funny thing is that with the latest TIC report through March of 2009, these nations in the Caribbean suddenly have more Treasury holdings than the combined GDP of oh, all of them combined is you don’t count hedge fund and banking holdings. That’s sort of weird isn’t it? I wonder if those guys I saw with the machetes in the islands know they hold so much sway over our Treasury holdings. Heck, if they keep working at it, they’ll pass up Japan and China someday soon, unless of course old Ben Bernanke & Co. run out of quarters for the laundromat.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
One of the things that started the current problems was the manipulation of the oil markets last year.

When gasoline got to $4.00+ a gal people cut way back on there spending and the sent waves down the economy that caused one after another companies to start cutting back because of the lack of demand for there products.

It took a year for this to snowball into the economic collapse.

If we had not had the high oil prices this collapse would never had got as bad.

And if Obama lets the oil manipulation start again it will prolong the collapse.

And the market manipulation in oil is starting again, The oil prices are rising with low demand and a large supply surplus.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Disturbing...

top topics

join