It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to kill 2,000 Canada geese for aviation safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

NYC to kill 2,000 Canada geese for aviation safety

www.cbc.ca

New York City plans to trap and kill up to 2,000 Canada geese this summer in an attempt to avoid the type of collision that caused a jet to ditch in the Hudson River in January.

The hunt will take place on dozens of city properties within eight kilometres of Kennedy and LaGuardia airports.

Aviation officials have culled the bird flocks on airport property for years, but this will mark a major expansion of the effort into other parts of the city, including about 40 public parks.

The roundup is being timed with the molting season, when the geese can't fly. It is scheduled to begin with
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes because this is really going to prevent any bird/plane incidents in the future...

facepalm.jpg

All I can say is they better shoot them in the U.S because if you kill a Canadian Geese here in Canada, you go directly to jail and do not pass go.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Dreamer420]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yeah, what a story, also being discussed in a thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Those who burn books will eventually burn people. And geese are already living sentient beings!

Truly scary.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You think it would just be easier to design a cone shaped screne over the intake that would deflect birds but still let the air pass feeely. DUH!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
These immigrant geese pose a grave threat to the national security of the United States. For too long we've stood by as these birds literally flock across our borders and terrorize our native waterfowl.

Intelligence agencies have warned that they've received information that radical geese terrorist cells have been planning operations inside the US to bring down commercial aircraft.

This video is PROOF that Canadian geese want to kill Americans and will stop at nothing to complete their brazen terrorist acts.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

LOL! really, they are mean and nasty creatures. One of my very first memories is having a Canada goose bite my finger because I wasn't throwing bread in its general direction.

They are of course a protected species in Canada, a little too protected if you ask me.

*wipes his eyes to remove the sting of a bad memory*

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I knew it would take you silly americans this long to figure out how to combat our 'home grown terrorists' (yes, I am referring to our geese).

wait until we send in the beavers... MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!

top topics

join