It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen with 47 IQ gets 100 years in sex abuse case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Texas, the asshole state.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SonyAD

Yep, cuz we actually punish those who do wrong.

What a concept!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
look i have two kids, so i know what im talking about here

if someone harmed one of my kids in this manner, id be their judge jury and executioner

you think id allow the government to place them in a protective cage to be safe for decades?

someone kills/rapes my kids they will only know 1 law

the law of the jungle

[edit on 12-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

But if your kids harmed someone else, and were caught, you would beg for that cage so that they had the chance to be helped... no?

Jungles are where animal live, not vigilante criminals..

I do agree tho, don't misunderstand that. Anyone hurts my family, would best be on their last breath to find me. I just don't think the attitude is a good one.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As it's been voiced already, I just agree that he should be in an institution. Just because he's mentally disabled doesn't mean he should be excused. But he shouldn't be in a prison, either.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

When people say THEN when they mean THAN I get irked..

It is worse when they get that reversed.

ITS THEN NOT THAN.

Irked a tad more, and Im an illiterate SOB... But come on..

I walked to the shop than I bought a drink - FAIL!
I walked to the show then I bought a drink - SUCCESS!
I walked rather then drive to the shop - FAIL!
I walked rather than drive to the shop - SUCCESS!

Off topic I know, but for gods sake... when an illiterate fool such as myself cannot stand it any longer, its going too far..

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by debz325
If you are saying that mentally disabled people should not be in prison then the prison's would be empty.I am also not sure that intelligence is important in moral questions.I personally believe all child molesters should be hung in a public square.What kind of society does not protect the innocent?God bless Texas!

If the boy had been fondled by a 7 year old boy, would you hang the boy who fondled him in a public square?

If an adult, through no fault of his own, only has the intelligence of of a seven year old boy, should he be hung in a public square for feeling up a child?

If you say yes and are typical of Texans, then I say God help Texas.

An adult man with the mental age of a 7 year old, still has the urges of an adult. So while I get your point, I don't think it is completely valid.

There must be an alternate solution to the problem.

what a stinking situation, no less.......

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

...aussie spellin' poleez, what a hoot!...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You sound like such an open and wonderful soul.. I hate the fact that the ugliness of the world is clouding the skies and darkening your life.

I wish more people like you were around.

Life would be tolerant then.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
reply to post by badw0lf

...aussie spellin' poleez, what a hoot!...

OI!!!!

Kath and Kim are like fosters!! We get 'em outta here as quick as possible!!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Not at all. Nice try at an insulting snipe though

I am never one to take a compliment badly, even if I didn't ask for it. So Cheers!

Wrong on who's level? Even God says an eye for an eye.

God says huh?

I think those with only one eye are the ones to worry.

If I knew without a doubt that said person did anything to my little girls, he would be hunted down and killed. No jury in TX would even think about convicting me. I guarantee that, as it has happened a few times here.

And if you got it all wrong, and the course of justice were to prove that, YOU would be seeing your daughters from behind the bars or a prison, from which you could never get that hug from...

As I said, I understand your feelings but I just do see it as right.

Unless you have a means of never being caught, in which case you become the person we all worry about....

anyhoo, lets hope for the best anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by debz325
If you are saying that mentally disabled people should not be in prison then the prison's would be empty.I am also not sure that intelligence is important in moral questions.I personally believe all child molesters should be hung in a public square.What kind of society does not protect the innocent?God bless Texas!

If the boy had been fondled by a 7 year old boy, would you hang the boy who fondled him in a public square?
If an adult, through no fault of his own, only has the intelligence of of a seven year old boy, should he be hung in a public square for feeling up a child?
If you say yes and are typical of Texans, then I say God help Texas.
An adult man with the mental age of a 7 year old, still has the urges of an adult. So while I get your point, I don't think it is completely valid.
There must be an alternate solution to the problem.
what a stinking situation, no less.......

My point was that neither life imprisonment nor capital punishment are appropriate when punishing someone for a law they cannot understand. The important thing when dealing with an overgrown child is to teach, and to punish in a way that gets the point across and makes him remember that what he did was wrong.

When my son started exposing himself on the train, I talked to the local station-master, who agreed to help. I took my son to the station, persuaded him to confess to the stationmaster, who then told him off mightily and made him clean up the station. Confession to the injured party, and genuine remorse, followed by an appropriate punishment to clean the slate, can turn a person's behaviour around.

With the intellectually disabled man feeling up the girl, ideally the parents would get together and decide on a suitable punishment. The perpetrator should have to apologise to the child's parents, and fulfil some clearly laid out obligations both as a punishment and as a way of showing remorse.

Where I grew up, in the Aussie bush, we didn't have much time for the local sole policeman, despite him being a good man. People in the community were valued. It was understood that some would go off the rails in their younger days and the community took on the responsibility of "bringing them around."

I guess the fact that many off us dealt with animals, and we valued those with "heart", so we would spend time training a difficult animal without breaking its spirit, meant people developed the character and experience to handle their difficult offspring. We also had fires, floods and droughts to contend with, which brought the community together.

Being part of a community which you have contributed to and which has taken care of you makes for a special breed of person.

When people are brought up alienated, getting nothing and giving nothing, the community becomes fractured and everyone loses out.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wanna know how the hell he doesnt get put in an institution when a mother in Tx can murder her 5 children and end up in one?
I dont condone either being put in an institution BUT if either of them deserve it i would think a retarded kid does over a child killer

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I have to disagree with you. He did not get a trial by a jury of his peers. He was tried by a jury which were way smarter the defendent.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
So, Texas Law feels justified in handing out a sentence of 100 years in prison for the fondling of a six year old boy! Well, to paraphrase Mr. Bumble..."If the (Texas) law supposes that, then the (Texas) law is an ass!"

If this severely retarded 18 year old kid had been tried elsewhere, I would suppose he would have received a sentence of genuine aid, rather than an over-applied punishment. The point about justice is to deliver an appropriate response to the grievance, taking into account all mitigating circumstances. Not by any stretch of human imagination has justice been applied here...Texans should be feeling very shameful about their justice system right now.

An unlawful act has been committed by one individual upon another, but possibly the most pertinent question to ask in this case is...was the perpetrator fully aware and understanding that he was committing a crime? I would suggest that there is a undercurrent of prejudice against Hart, not only because of what he did, but because of what he is...a severely retarded young man, with an equal understanding of the world as his victim (whom is also mentally retarded). Since his arrest and incarceration in jail, his mother contends that Hart has been repeatedly raped.

The meting out of over-handed justice is not an unusual occurrence in Paris, Texas, as a 14 year old black girl is now serving seven years in a youth prison for merely 'shoving' a monitor at her school, whilst a 14 year old white girl was given probation for the more serious crime of arson.

As a further note of interest, Paris, Texas, has a grusome blemish in its history of several lynchings of black men, including that of Henry Smith in 1893 (which is not for the faint of heart). There is it seems something of a disturbing mindset of prejudice in that area which is still extant in the methodology of its applying so-called justice. I have searched but cannot find a picture of Hart...he wouldn't happen to be Afro-American would he?

[edit on 17/6/09 by elysiumfire]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wclv13
reply to post by Dreamer420

You did see this was in Texas right?

I did a cross country trip 15 years ago, and purposefully avoided that huge "state".

LOL.....we are not so bad over here....once you get past all the prison's, cops, traffic, did i mention we were a huge state?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
this is not a surprise really...Texas has done more frying than KFC ....at least they do not hurl them over a cliff at birth because they are deformed or have a lazy eye...could be worse....actually it might get worse...i will be moving to Texas in a few months so i better brush up on my ABC's and 123's before i do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join