It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians vote in droves, rival victory claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his main moderate challenger both claimed to be leading in a hotly-contested election in Iran on Friday.

Millions of Iranians streamed to polling stations, causing voting to be extended by four hours to 10 p.m. (1:30 p.m. EDT) to allow more people to cast ballots, the Interior Ministry said.

Those still queuing when the polling stations closed were allowed to stay to vote.

Full story can be found at the posted link .

Lets see if this guy Mousavi can pull it off . Any change in Iran's leadership can only bring a positive change , or at least I am hoping so.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Any change in Iran's leadership can only bring a positive change , or at least I am hoping so.

The mullahs ARE the leadership. Not the president.

Just like in America. The banksters are the leadership, the president is a puppet.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I heard there were a lot of protests for Mousavi for the last couple of weeks. During elections protests are forbidden but the latest news was that a lot of Mousavi voters couldn't place their vote..Wouln't it be beautifull a satin student revolution this summer? also bringing and end to the mullah leadership..Iran is a demographic young and sophisticated nation, the youth should overthrow the old islamic leadership and the army should go in mutiny for they don't want to shoot their own children...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...">Yes there's fraud

what happened with people like Mohammad Khatami
, he was chosen back then with a majority!..these elections really stinks..I didn't thought Ahmadinejad did it so well with the mullahs...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What? Iran is a democracy!?

I figured it was a totalitarian state according to MSN.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
What? Iran is a democracy!?

Not at all.

The election was obviously rigged.

Mousavi supposedly didn't even get his hometown. Impossible.

Yesterday Mousavi was ahead in the count.

But today, he supposedly only has 33% of the vote.

Obviously no democracy is in place.

I hope the young people of Iran rise up and stomp the hell out of the leadership of that country and the backwards Imams. The young want their blue jeans and rock music and they don't want public hangings of gays or the war rhetoric of the leadership.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If the election was rigged then I would compare the kind of democracy found in Iran with that of the US, minus the pregnant chads of course.

Other than the Lebanon, it seems that Iran is the only other democracy in the Middle East. Israel doesn't count because is runs a similar set up to apartheid South Africa.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

it seems that Iran is the only other democracy in the Middle East.

Wake up.

CNN

There were conflicting reports on whether Ahmadinejad's challenger, Mir Hossein Moussavi, had been placed under house arrest.

Some reports indicated that he had been detained. Others said he was at home, conducting meetings but was free to come and go. Guards were stationed outside his house, but it was not immediately clear whether they worked for him or the government.

Israel doesn't count because is runs a similar set up to apartheid South Africa.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

it seems that Iran is the only other democracy in the Middle East.

Wake up.

CNN

There were conflicting reports on whether Ahmadinejad's challenger, Mir Hossein Moussavi, had been placed under house arrest.

Some reports indicated that he had been detained.

What reports and by whom? There seems to be another anti-Mohammed Mousedec style rabble rousing in play.

Once again Israel is an apartheid state and you need to wake up.:shk:

new topics

top topics

join