It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War is Kim Jong-il's Game Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"Our military first policy calls for an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, retaliation for retaliation, ultra-hardline for hardline, war for war, total war for total war, nuclear war for nuclear war." - Kim Jong-il

TOKYO - A little-noted fact about the second nuclear test conducted on May 25 by the Kim Jong-il administration of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) is that it was a highly successful fission trigger test for multi-megaton warheads.

These types of warheads can be detonated in outer space, far above the United States, evaporating its key targets. This is a significant indication of the supreme leader's game plan for nuclear war with the crippled superpower and its allies, Japan and South Korea.

www.atimes.com...

Are Kim Jong's rantings more than just rantings? Perhaps the dictatorial leader of north Korea knows that his demise is getting closer and maybe with the help of China, or even without it, his goal is to make a mark of his own dictatorial regime as more than just a suppressive government against it's own people.

It is very probably krazy Kim has delusions of grandeour and wants for nuclear war. His actions, and speeches certainly seem to indicate so.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In the event of a nuclear war what targets do you think he would hit? Many say Seattle but I really do not see the strategic view in doing so. Portland seems likely, what are your opinions?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
He's just ronery..

All seriousness aside, it's quite an unfortunate possibility of madmen ruling the world. Duck and cover.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have been saying and thinking this for a while.

Targets: Seoul, Tokyo, US Pacific Fleet

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

So ronery! LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
US pacific fleet? I guess if he was able to vaporize them from outer space it would be one of the most sensible guesses I've heard. Just launch one above them and away we go. . .

Edit: Where is the Pacific fleet located?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Their current and recently tested technologies, capabilities have failed to demonstrate the ability to do either, when launched "naked"... let alone with a warhead onboard.

Unfortunately the press and media outlets fail to clarify such... they only perpetuate the same "fear factor" tired catch-phrase amongst the populace, "...capable of striking the US"

:shk:

[edit on 12-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The thing that scares me the most about the whole situation is Kim Jong-un rather than Kim Jong-il. I believe Jong-il's successor will take things to a whole new level after the precedent set on how N. Korea reacts to the western world's sanctions and embargo's. A 25 year old with the power order a nuclear launch could mean very bad things for the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

See article:

www.navy.mil...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Maybe not the mainland but, no doubt Tokyo and Seoul.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
Maybe not the mainland but, no doubt Tokyo and Seoul.

No doubt and definitely a cause for concern... not to mention their ability to rain hell on the south and elsewhere in mere minutes with conventional artillery and rockets - a rather devastating hell, at that.

Given the ever-increasing posturing, defiance and seeming threats, one Does have to wonder with regards mentions of this possibly being the result of stirs amongst higher-ups in the military seeking a place, or establishing their own, in the son's tinder box.

pining for provenance, if you will.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The range for the Taepodong-1 is 2500 km or abot 1550 miles. Am I correct ?? Hawaii is not even within that range. Kim Jong Ding-Dong probably used to spend alot of time playing with those little plastic water pressurized flying rockets you used to launch with a hand pump....."I'm sewww rohhhnn- reee...ohhh so rohhnn- ree"....

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

These types of warheads can be detonated in outer space, far above the United States, evaporating its key targets.

Seriously? A nuclear detonation in outer space is just that, a detonation in outer space. The US and and the Soviet Union both conducted tests in space between 1958 and 1962. Most of these could not be considered "outer space" however, but simply High Altitude Nuclear Explosions (HANE).

First of all, look at the basic physics involved in a detonation in a vacuum. There's no atmosphere, so there's a) no heat and b) no blast wave.

What we end up with is an electromagnetic pulse, and a bright light. Depending on the proximity to the earth, maybe a few radioactive particles in the upper atmosphere. Orbiting satellites in the vicinity of the detonation may be crippled by the EMP. Contrary to the articles claims however, nothing below the blast would be "evaporated". Pretty sensational writing in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I concur with that, space blast is not going to take out a naval fleet on the sea below.

That's for sure.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
When they are talking about "evaporating it's targets" they are definetedly talking about satellites. Our entire western civilization depends very heavily in satellites, also depending on how high such devices are exploded, the EMP waves could cripple, and destroy all electronics in the U.S.

IMO, what i see happening is Kim using these atomic weapons in it's own territory, against the south, or whenever part of our fleet is sent to embrago North Korea more for these nuclear tests.

It is possible he will try to hit part of the western U.S. whenever the embargo, and more heavy sanctions occur.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have to agree with you, I think the targets would be satellites. That would REALLY hurt us, considering our heavy dependency on technology... come on guys, you know this.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In the face of a politically and mentally unstable leadership, an administration representative needs to make clear to the leadership of South Korea, the PRC and Japan that ANY nuclear attack from North Korea will result in turning the Korean peninsula above the 38th parallel into a sea of molten glass. It will not havwe to be pointed out that thousands to hundreds of thousands of Chinese, South Koreans and possibly Japanese will die in the retaliatory attack. It will then be left to these parties to either singly or jointly wipe out the North Korean leadership. The Chinese can obviously do this if they wish. In the face of the massive American casualties from a successful North Korean attack, I could really not care less how many Koreans die!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As much as people would like to think this to be true, I have to call some sort of BS on this.

I mean, come on, If Kim were to go about these plans, it would spell the end of NK, and not just the government, the people, the land.

That place would be turned into a glass crater so fast, and then what? We have poisoned atmosphere and no way back.

I think it's just more fear mongering by the press and arm flailing by Kim. We'd never let them launch something like that anyway. If you think we don't have the tech to shoot such a missile out of the sky, or bomb the pad before it launches, then we don't have very much going as far as military capability.

It's just not a feasible option in my mind. If we were talking about Russia, or China, I would be worried, but this is NK, and we watch them like a hawk.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you think about it kim is smart.
once he launchs a nuke on another country....
He will forever be the man that had the cuhona's to do it first.

Kinda like the ultimate pissing contest accept he will be the man brave enough to pull his piece out to pee first lol.

trust me he want's remembered he is egotistical.
he is there god....
so yes it's to prove he fear no one even the u.s.

common sense tells me that above...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

We watched them so close we let them have and get plutonium too huh lol

ever wonder about that one?

Where did they get it from/....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join