It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ultracool subdwarf' stars speeding through Milky Way

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The stars, described as "ultracool subdwarfs" follow very unusual paths around our galaxy, the Milky Way.

They have low temperatures and are small enough to be close to planet-like objects.

Only a few dozen ultracool subdwarfs, which are up to 10,000 times fainter than the Sun, have been identified.

One of the oddest aspects of the stars is the rapid speed at which they travel. They have been clocked at more than a million miles per hour.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

There has been debate before about this sort of stars, in fact when the topic of Nibiru has been discussed.

There have been some members who have claimed that such an object as Nibiru could never exist, as according to them such an object would go against all the known laws of physics.

But these ultracool dwarfs fit in in the descriptions of this object which is named on several different cultures. These dwarf stars are either the fastest, or one of the fastest objects to move at these increadible speeds, they travel farther away than all regular stars, having trajectories very similar to that of comets, and they have been discovered only in recent years.

I am not saying this is the ultimate proof for such an object as Nibiru, but it certainly makes the possibility of it's existence more probable.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
From your link:

His team of astronomers found that the stars had bizarre orbits. Some plunged deep into the centre of the Milky Way on eccentric, comet-like tracks. Others made slow, swooping loops far beyond the Sun's orbit. Unlike the majority of nearby stars, most ultracool subdwarfs spent a lot of time thousands of light years above or below the galactic disc.

They don't orbit other suns, they orbit the milkyway.
Milkyway=Galaxy=Trillions of solar systems, thats suns and all the stuff orbiting them (planets, gas giants, moons, comets...).
You are putting the label of "Nibiru" on yet another thing that has nothing in common with the things "Nibiru" is supposed to be except for being "up there"
Unfortunately up there is rather mindbogglingy big.

Other than that: fascinating! The universe is just amazing, isn't it? and shouldnt this be in Space exploration?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah, something like that could come through a solar system once and mess stuff up, but you'd never see it again. Kind of defeats the whole point of the niburu thing, since it a tiny rogue star hurtling through space at a million miles an hour couldn't be on a 3600 year orbit. Were you to slow one down so it could be in a 3600 year orbit around the sun, it would be blindingly obvious (10000 times fainter than the sun is still about six orders of magnitude brighter than jupiter)

If you leave out the whole ancient Sumerian prophecy stuff, and things like zetatalk, there isn't a whole lot of reasons to believe in the existence of niburu left.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Please check my math.

I found that the center of the galaxy is 28000 light years away.

That works out to be: 164,597,994,797,222,000 miles.

As these objects orbit the center of the galaxy, it means it would have to travel beyond the center at some point. So lets figure that up with an average of 1 million miles per hour. It would get faster the closer to center it got, and slower the further away it got.

So, traveling at 1 million miles per hour, it would take us 164,597,994,797.222 hours to get to the center. Half the trip.

6,858,249,783 days
18,789,725 years

19 million years to make only half the trip, so multiple it by 2 and if there was an object that was synced up in orbit to pass through our solar system on it's orbit, you could expect to see it about every 38 million years.

Also, I was under the impression that our galaxy was busy eating a dwarf galaxy? I bet there are some incredible speeds in that.

Interesting stuff nonetheless, but hardly a case for nibiru.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican
If you leave out the whole ancient Sumerian prophecy stuff, and things like zetatalk, there isn't a whole lot of reasons to believe in the existence of niburu left.

You are wrong, such a dwarf star would still be subject to the gravity pull of the Sun. Most star systems are binary, but when a star doesn't have enough mass it could become into one of these dwarf stars, although like the article just says some of these stars could also have been ejected when the solar system it ame from was probably ripped apart by gravitational forces.

As for your claim that there is no other reason to belive for such an object as Nibiru to exist apart from the Sumerian records, you are again wrong. i ahve never taken seriously zetatalk, or Hazelwood, who are nothing more than charlatans but there are other reasons to believe such an object does exist.

I have given the links before, but I would have to search for them again and post them here.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Found one of the links. That was pretty fast.

Does a Companion Star to Sun cause Earth's Periodic Mass Extinctions?

THE THEORIZED COMPANION STAR, THROUGH ITS GRAVITATIONAL PULL, UNLEASHES A FURIOUS STORM OF COMETS IN THE INNER SOLAR SYSTEM LASTING FROM 100,000 TO TWO MILLION YEARS. SEVERAL OF THESE COMETS STRIKE THE EARTH.

"Heavy snows are driven and fall from the world's four corners; the murder frost prevails. The Sun is darkened at noon; it sheds no gladness; devouring tempests bellow and never end. In vain do men await the coming of summer. Thrice winter follows winter over a world which is snow-smitten, frost-fettered, and chained in ice."

"Fimbul Winter" from Norse saga, Twilight of the Gods

By Lynn Yarris

Our species, Homo sapiens, arose approximately 250,000 years ago. In the beginning, we used tools of stone and sought shelter in caves. Today, our shelters scrape clouds and our tools allow us to see galaxies far beyond our own, or peer deep into the heart of matter itself. So much progress in such a short time, for in geological terms, the reign of our species has been but the proverbial blink of an eye. Imagine, however, what our record of achievement would be had our history been disrupted no less than five times by titanic nuclear wars, each delivering a destructive blast 10,000 times more powerful than the combined yield of all existing nuclear weapons in our world today.

Such upheaval is what many other species, including the dinosaurs, may have faced during the history of our planet, according to a theory set forth by a Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (LBL) scientist and his colleagues. The theory postulates that every 26 to 30 million years, life on Earth is severely jeopardized by the arrival of a small companion star to the sun. Dubbed "Nemesis" (after the Greek goddess of retribution), the companion star�through its gravitational pull�unleashes a furious storm of comets into the inner solar system that lasts anywhere from 100,000 years to two million years. Of the billions of comets sent swarming toward the sun, several strike the Earth, triggering a nightmarish sequence of ecological catastrophes.

"We expect that in a typical comet storm, there would be perhaps 10 impacts spread out over two million years, with intervals averaging 50,000 years between impacts," says LBL astrophysicist Richard Muller. In 1984, Muller, along with UC Berkeley astronomer Marc Davis and Piet Hut, an astronomer with the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton University, announced the Nemesis theory in Nature magazine. As could be expected, it was and remains controversial. However, although the evidence for the existence of Nemesis is still circumstantial, this evidence continues to mount, and the theory has so far withstood all challenges.

Nemesis was the culmination of a chain of events that began in 1977, in Gubbio, Italy, a tiny village halfway between Rome and Florence. Walter Alvarez, a UC Berkeley geologist, was collecting samples of the limestone rock there for a study on paleomagnetism. The limestone rock outside of Gubbio is a big attraction for geologists and paleontologists because it provides a complete geological record of the end of the Cretaceous period and the beginning of the Tertiary period. This transition took place 65 million years ago, and is of special significance to our species, for it marked the close of the "Age of Reptiles," when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Sometimes referred to as "the Great Dying," the massive extinction that engulfed the dinosaurs claimed nearly 75 percent of all the species of life on our planet, including most types of plants and many types of microscopic organisms. As much as 95 percent of all living creatures might have perished at the peak of destruction.

www.lbl.gov...

Like it says above, comet impacts average about 50,000 years, and who knows, there could be other objects that travel in less than that, and cause similar dramatic changes on Earth.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

They don't orbit other suns, they orbit the milkyway.

They are talking about the ones in particular they have been able to find. This is something which was found out in recent years, and you can be certain there is a lot more than what we know right now about them.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Actually, if the object was going around our sun, then it would not be capable of those speeds. The further away from the source you get, the slower the speeds get. And the closer to the center one gets, the faster one would go.

If you look at the solar systems planets speeds, you will find that the fastest moving planets are those which are closest to the sun. And the further away you get, the slower the planets move. Each and every time with all the planets in fact.

This means that the speed of the planets is in direct relation to the mass of the object it orbits, and what is "pulling" on it. In order for it to be a part of the solar system, it has to be captured by the suns gravity, which means it will follow the laws mentioned above. If it was going too fast and too far away, and doesn't meet those speeds, then the object will simply float off, maybe bending it's trajectory a bit as it got near a star.

I'm pretty sure the reason those things are able to get such speeds is because they are orbiting the black hole at the center of the galaxy. Which has much more mass than the sun. Again, the closer stars are to the center, the faster they move. Same as our solar system.

The only other thing I can think of would be the objects are getting slingshotted off other stars and such, like we do with probes that go out planets.

If our sun was part of a binary star system, then the effects of the 2nd star would be known. The sun makes up 99% of the mass in our solar system. Either the 2nd star would have to be really low mass, and orbit our sun - in which case is again subject to the laws mentioned above, or it would affect the sun and solar system in such a way that would be measurable/noticable as it would move. If it has enough mass to do that, then it would also likely be much more visible and the brightest star in the night sky.

That article is from 1987, over 20 years old. I'd think they would have followed up on it if there was an validity to the theory, especially given all the other advances since then, such as the original discovery of this thread.

I'm not even an amateur astronomer. I looked into all this stuff long ago when checking up on the nibiru topic and found it was all bunk and based on people really haven't not perception of the distances and such being talked about. Personally, I find it hard to believe that you have researched this topic very much and not figured these things out, unless you are just listening to the claims of people.

Suggesting such an object could be traveling at those speeds and get captured into orbit around the sun defies logic. I'd be more open to some kind of portal opening up or something like that honestly. At least that I couldn't prove is wrong.

"Nibiru" may exist, but it won't be coming anytime soon if it does. It'll be traveling really slow, and the distances make it impossible to come anywhere near the 2012 date. Plus, 2012 and nibiru are actually based on 2 seperate cultures that were on other sides of the earth and aren't even talking about the same things.

Feel free to correct my understanding here. Not trying to be a debunker here, but these are things we can check out. As I understand it, not possible. I'm even open to the electric universe theory, so if there is something in that which could explain it, I would consider that as well.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by badmedia]

[edit on 13-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

If people can find a dwarf star hurtling through space at a million miles an hour many light years away, I'd assume they could find something in our solar system that's something like a hundred thousand times as bright as any of the planets. Ultracool dwarfs are still about 5-8% the mass of the sun, which is about 70 times the mass of all the other planets combined.

It'd be like missing the moon.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
If our sun was part of a binary star system, then the effects of the 2nd star would be known. The sun makes up 99% of the mass in our solar system. Either the 2nd star would have to be really low mass, and orbit our sun - in which case is again subject to the laws mentioned above, or it would affect the sun and solar system in such a way that would be measurable/noticable as it would move.

And there are great forces in our Solar system we can not explain, hence there are theories about this twin to our sun. Remember that it is not a star, first and probably because it doesn't have enough mass to ignite. The Sun does have most of the matter in the Solar System " as far as we know", but there is much we don't know about our Solar System, and we are learning things from it constantly.

There are still other links i have to find, but other members as well as myself have given links to the fact that planets, and even satellites are being affected by something else which is excerting a force that affects satellites as well as planets.

BTW, i never said this twin star to our Sun would be moving at the same speed as this dwarf in specific.

I am pretty certain their speeds vary.

[edited to correct comment]

[edit on 13-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here are some links which i posted in 2007 as Muaddib.

March 28, 2007: Read a letter from Pioneer Project Anomaly project director Slava Turyshev on the status of the analysis of the recovered Pioneer data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something strange is happening in the outer reaches of our solar system. The Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft are not where they are supposed to be. These missions, launched in 1972 and 1973, have covered hundreds of millions of kilometers, heading toward the edge of our solar system. But something is holding them back. Each year, they fall behind in their projected travel by about 5,000 kilometers (3,000 miles).

Jet Propulsion Laboratory scientist John Anderson and his colleagues have been searching for an explanation since 1980. But as of yet, they have found nothing conclusive; no spacecraft behavior or previously unknown property of the outer solar system can explain the deceleration of the Pioneer spacecraft. Scientists are being forced to consider the unthinkable: something may be wrong with our understanding of the laws of physics. An important line of inquiry will be to study mounds of Doppler (velocity) data and spacecraft status data (like temperatures) that have been unavailable to researchers—but that is about to change.

www.planetary.org...

Focus: the Pioneer anomaly

To date, the Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft are the most precisely navigated deep-space vehicles. However, as indicated by their radio-metric data, the Pioneers’ orbit reconstructions were limited by a small, anomalous, constant, blue-shifted, Doppler frequency drift of approximately 6 x 10^-9 Hz/s. The drift can be interpreted as due to a constant sunward acceleration of a_P = (8.74 ± 1.33) 10^-10 m/s^2. This interpretation has become known as the Pioneer anomaly.

Although the most obvious explanation would be that there is a systematic origin to the effect, the limited set of the analyzed data does not support any of the suggested mechanisms. We assert that analysis of the entire existing Pioneer data is vital to understanding the anomaly and, hopefully, to finding its origin. Indeed, analysis of the entire existing Pioneer data record is critical in attacking the anomaly on two fronts: (i) an analysis of the early, not rigorously analyzed, data could yield a more accurate direction of the anomaly and hence might help to determine its origin; (ii) by using the entire data set, from 1972 to 2002, one could study the temporal evolution of the anomaly and determine if it is due to on-board nuclear fuel inventory and related heat radiation or other mechanism.

www.issi.unibe.ch...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here are some other articles with info that more evidence is mounting that there is a companion star to our Sun, but of course it is not ignited.

Evidence Mounts For Companion Star To Our Sun
by Staff Writers
Newport Beach CA (SPX) Apr 25, 2006
The Binary Research Institute (BRI) has found that orbital characteristics of the recently discovered planetoid, Sedna, demonstrate the possibility that our sun might be part of a binary star system. A binary star system consists of two stars gravitationally bound orbiting a common center of mass.

Once thought to be highly unusual, such systems are now considered to be common in the Milky Way galaxy.

Walter Cruttenden at BRI, Professor Richard Muller at UC Berkeley, Dr. Daniel Whitmire of the University of Louisiana, amongst several others, have long speculated on the possibility that our sun might have an as yet undiscovered companion. Most of the evidence has been statistical rather than physical.

The recent discovery of Sedna, a small planet like object first detected by Cal Tech astronomer Dr. Michael Brown, provides what could be indirect physical evidence of a solar companion. Matching the recent findings by Dr. Brown, showing that Sedna moves in a highly unusual elliptical orbit, Cruttenden has determined that Sedna moves in resonance with previously published orbital data for a hypothetical companion star.

In the May 2006 issue of Discover, Dr. Brown stated: "Sedna shouldnt be there. Theres no way to put Sedna where it is. It never comes close enough to be affected by the sun, but it never goes far enough away from the sun to be affected by other stars... Sedna is stuck, frozen in place; there's no way to move it, basically there's no way to put it there – unless it formed there. But it's in a very elliptical orbit like that. It simply can't be there. There's no possible way - except it is. So how, then?"

"I'm thinking it was placed there in the earliest history of the solar system. I'm thinking it could have gotten there if there used to be stars a lot closer than they are now and those stars affected Sedna on the outer part of its orbit and then later on moved away. So I call Sedna a fossil record of the earliest solar system. Eventually, when other fossil records are found, Sedna will help tell us how the sun formed and the number of stars that were close to the sun when it formed."

www.spacedaily.com...

Sedna is not the only planetoid in our Solar System that seems to be affected by something big which is not the Sun. Other planets also seem to be affected by this same thing. But again, i would have to search for links to this.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Actually, the mystery even depens. I just found this.

Anomalies in the Solar System
Dittus, Hansjoerg
37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly. Held 13-20 July 2008, in Montréal, Canada., p.717
Several observations show unexplained phenomena in our solar system. These observations are e.g. the Pioneer Anomaly, an unexplained constant acceleration of the Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft, the Flyby Anomaly, an unexplained increase of the velocity of a series of spacecraft after Earth gravity assists, the recently reported increase of the Astronomical Unit defined by the distance of the planets from the Sun by approximately 10 m per century, the quadrupole and octupole anomaly which describes the correlation of the low l contributions of the Cosmic Microwave Background to the orientation of the Solar system. Lacking any explanation until now, these phenomena are still investigated intensively. In my talk I will discuss the present status of those investigations and the attempts to find reasonable explantions.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Apart form the other anomalies, what in the world is causing this "recent" increase of the Astronomical Unit of the planets from the Sun?

I haven't heard, or read until now about this "recent" increase in the Astronomical Units between the planets and the Sun.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Here are some links which i posted in 2007 as Muaddib.

Interesting. Formerly 'banned', now posting with new nick. Well, at least you're "honest".

Apart form the other anomalies, what in the world is causing this "recent" increase of the Astronomical Unit of the planets from the Sun?

Herrrmmmm....could it be that our ability to measure is improving????

From your external 'source':

These missions, launched in 1972 and 1973, have covered hundreds of millions of kilometers, heading toward the edge of our solar system. But something is holding them back. Each year, they fall behind in their projected travel by about 5,000 kilometers (3,000 miles).

The Voyager missions were officially declared to have "left" our Solar System some years back. Of course, since they are no longer functioning, they cannot transmit their findings from 'out there'. SO, we really have little data to go on to calculate other potential gravitational anomalies, such as may exist in the 'Oort Cloud'.

Another of your "sources" mentioned some planets' orbits increasing in size. Or, that the 'AU' is increasing by 10 meters/century!! That is so paltry as to be laughable. Our own Moon is moving away from the Earth at about 2 cm per Earth year. THIS is due to the conservation of angular momentum...a very real, calcuable effect.

Really....you DO realize that all planetary orbits are ellipses, correct?

[edit on 6/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Interesting. Formerly 'banned', now posting with new nick. Well, at least you're "honest".

No idea why you have to mention any of this, it is not part of the discussion.

Herrrmmmm....could it be that our ability to measure is improving????

Not really, do read the links. These anomalies are not because of any improvements. Except for the recent anomaly with the sudden increase in distance between the planets and the Sun, the spacecraft anomalies, as well as anomalies found in other planets have always been there.

Another of your "sources" mentioned some planets' orbits increasing in size. Or, that the 'AU' is increasing by 10 meters/century!! That is so paltry as to be laughable.

What is laughable is your claim that this is the explanation. The link i gave is scholarly. If scientists are finding this RECENT increase in the distance is anomalous it must be for a reason.

But hey, if you think they are wrong go ahead and send them an explanation of why you think they are wrong in repoting this RECENT increase anomalous.

BTW, the findings were being reported by the "37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly" and the COSPAR scientific assemblies are always open to all scientists from all nations... This is not something being found anomalous by just anyone....

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
And there are great forces in our Solar system we can not explain, hence there are theories about this twin to our sun. Remember that it is not a star, first and probably because it doesn't have enough mass to ignite. The Sun does have most of the matter in the Solar System " as far as we know", but there is much we don't know about our Solar System, and we are learning things from it constantly.

There are still other links i have to find, but other members as well as myself have given links to the fact that planets, and even satellites are being affected by something else which is excerting a force that affects satellites as well as planets.

BTW, i never said this twin star to our Sun would be moving at the same speed as this dwarf in specific.

I am pretty certain their speeds vary.

Do you know how they detect if other stars have planets? They do it because the orbit of the planet makes that star wobble a bit, as the planets gravity pulls on it.

If there were a twin star, it would cause this same wobble within our own sun. A star has to have a lot of mass, as I said before our sun contains 99% of the mass in our solar system.

I learned this while looking up that bunk "jupiter turning into a star" stuff. I checked up on it, and Jupiter doesn't have even close to enough mass to become a star. The smallest known star has a mass that is 93 times the mass of jupiter. The mass our our sun is 1000 times the mass of jupiter.

In order for these 2 stars to be a binary cluster, it means they must be trapped within each others gravity. Thus, just as the planets pull on a star, the gravity of such a heavy object would have a huge effect on our own star.

And if it wasn't near the same mass as our sun, then it would orbit our sun, and that would certainly be known as it would be the brightest star in the night.

Sorry, but it's bunk. Have to be able to define things that are false in order to uncover the truth, and this just happens to be one of them. I checked into them over a year ago. Lots of "disinformation" out there.

Funny enough, I just saw an episode on the science channel today that talked about these wobbles and stuff. They show the same stuff over and over, so you might be able to catch it. It's interesting stuff even beside this topic etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I would assume it's due to tidal forces slowing the speeds of the earth and sun's rotations, and transferring angular momentum to the earth's orbital velocity, in a similar manner to what causes the distance to the moon to increase.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Do you know how they detect if other stars have planets? They do it because the orbit of the planet makes that star wobble a bit, as the planets gravity pulls on it.

Yes, I know at least "some" of the ways how they detect planets in other star systems, and even galaxies.

There are similar forces which are affecting planets in our Solar System, which is why astronomers have made theories about what could be the cause.

You do understand, just like I pointed out earlier that "SCIENTISTS" at the 37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly are the ones, maybe among others, saying these are "unexplained phenomenon"?

Do you understand what "unexplained phenomenom" are? Phenomenon which cannot be explained by our current knowledge, and understanding of the Solar system, and some of the theories presented to explained these phenomenon include that there could very well be a dark twin star in our Solar System.

If there were a twin star, it would cause this same wobble within our own sun. A star has to have a lot of mass, as I said before our sun contains 99% of the mass in our solar system.

BTW, in case you didn't know planets also cause the Sun to wobble.

If the proposed twin star had enough mass to ignite, it would have been seen a long time ago. So obviously such a dwarf star never acquired enough mass for ignition.

BTW, I gave links to what scientist are saying. I am not excerting and giving links from blogs.

"If" there was evidence for you, and some other members to question their findings, and such evidence could explain these phenomenon, I could understand why you would make such claim, but what evidence do you have?

This is something which I find perplexing, when regular people try to dismiss the findings, and statements of "several scientists".

[edit on 14-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican

I would assume it's due to tidal forces slowing the speeds of the earth and sun's rotations, and transferring angular momentum to the earth's orbital velocity, in a similar manner to what causes the distance to the moon to increase.

Ah, so I guess such a possibility never must have crossed the minds of "scientists" such as those who attended the 37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly who described their findings as "unexplained phenomenon".

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

BTW, you keep reciting this as if it was enough proof to dismiss theories and findings given by astronomers and other scientists. One thing you obviously don't understand is the fact that "we think" the Sun contains 98.99% of all matter, We do not know it for certain as we haven't been able to find every object which exists in our Solar System.

There have been scientists saying that there could very well be another object the size of Jupiter, or even bigger that we haven't been able to detect yet.

Our current understanding of our Solar System is not "obsolete and written in stone", if it was then there would have never been the need to downsize Pluto from being a planet to being a dwarf planet.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join