It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schneider Executed for speaking out in 1996

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Phil Schneider, a very brave man, lost his life due to what appeared to be an execution in January 1996. According to some sources, he had been brutally tortured repeatedly before being killed. Phil Schneider was an ex-government engineer who was involved in building underground bases. He was one of three people to survive the 1979 fire fight between the large Greys and U.S. intelligence and military forces at Dulce underground base. In May 1995, Phil Schneider did a lecture on what he had discovered. Seven months later he was tortured and killed by those for whom he had previously worked. This man's final acts should not go unnoticed.

www.dldewey.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jblue1978

Phil Schneider was a very brave man, and brought a lot to light about many things. It wasn't just one lecture that got him killed, he did "the circuit" for a couple of years, and presented hard evidence at most of them.

I suggest you use your search feature-there are many threads about him already.

[edit on 6/12/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jblue1978
This man's final acts should not go unnoticed.

www.dldewey.com...
It hasn't. If you take just a minute to type his name into the search feature on ats you will come up with numerous threads about him.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The above is one of many that discuss his death among others.
Please use the search feature before posting a new thread just to be sure it is not a duplicate. THanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
another treath about this guy...how many treaths are there??..100??..200???...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
new topic or not, I'm feeling ok with that thread being duplicated. That's much better than the " disclosure in (country) next (year/month/week) "

Anyway, the more you do for your country and citizens, the less they'll hear about it. Mr Schneider deserves all the threads he's got. He may give crazy stuff to hear, but hey, you wanna be a believer or you don't?

[edit on 12/6/09 by MattMulder]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think that Schneider committed suicide, due to his cancer. He himself predicted in May 1995 (the time of the lecture) the cancer may kill him in six months. The man had to be suffering incredibly. His ex-wife said otherwise but that is a common reaction after a suicide. No one wants to believe a loved one would take their own life. And many UFO fans take the story at face value. As morbid as it sounds, it is something they want to hear. It confirms their worldview.

Many of his claims are unverifiable and unsupported or just plain ridiculous. His claims about the Gunderson railcars are nonsense as are his claims nuclear weapons were used at the 93 WTC attack and in Oklahoma City. His predictions about the death of the country did not come true either (making another 6-month prediction). I think Schneider was a loon, sincere and in his mind telling the absolute truth, but still a loon.

If you want to think he was assassinated, ask yourself what assassin would kill him in the sloppy manner described by his ex-wife?

Then again, maybe he was murdered. Not as an assassination to silence him but to distract the UFO community.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The thing is, people rarely go on to their family members telling them that if they commit suicide, it wasnt really suicide, and then go commit suicide.

Generally speaking, if this were going to be the case, you'd think he'd tell SOMEBODY, or at least leave a note before he did it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Then again, maybe he was murdered. Not as an assassination to silence him but to distract the UFO community.

Hey Dooms,

I love it when; in a rare feat, a skeptic speculates like a conspiracy theorist
-- That is how to stay open to the possibilities, enhance investigatory kills, and encourage critical thinking.
- A compliment, really.

Regarding Schneider, if I recall correctly, one of the things he disclosed (or just talked about) was the Dulce underground base and what goes on in that place. I remember reading somewhere that his death was consistent with a murder and not a suicide, I may be mistaken though. Glad that someone started a thread about this, havent seen many discuss this at length on ATS before.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
The thing is, people rarely go on to their family members telling them that if they commit suicide, it wasn't really suicide, and then go commit suicide.

Generally speaking, if this were going to be the case, you'd think he'd tell SOMEBODY, or at least leave a note before he did it.

That is true. If the person is in the right state of mind. However, listening to Schneider and his ex-wife speak, I don't think Schneider was. He may have been mentally ill, maybe schizophrenic. (I am not a psychologist, but have had personal experience with people suffering schizophrenia).

And it is common for suicides not to leave a note. Only 15 - 20% do.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
I love it when; in a rare feat, a skeptic speculates like a conspiracy theorist
-- That is how to stay open to the possibilities, enhance investigatory kills, and encourage critical thinking.
- A compliment, really.

Thank you, Majorion. I appreciate it. But maybe I am not as skeptical as you take me as. To be honest, I reject labels such as skeptic or believer. I believe there is a UFO cover-up, of some sort, but at the same time am skeptical of most everything in UFOlogy. And depending on a day, I might or might not think we are being visited.

Originally posted by Majorion
I remember reading somewhere that his death was consistent with a murder and not a suicide, I may be mistaken though.

That is true. Sort of.

According to his ex-wife his death was more consistent with a murder than suicide. But her information was second-hand. The official report is suicide.

It surprises me no one in the UFO community has followed this up. It seems it would be a simple matter. The doctor who performed the autopsy, Dr. Karen Gunson is now the Oregon State Medical Examiner. And I am sure it would not be hard to track down his ex-wife, Cynthia Drayer.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If you think you knew the man better than his wife - you are mislead.

Suicide my foot. Murdered by "them". Wake up.

wZn

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Many of his claims are unverifiable and unsupported or just plain ridiculous. His claims about the Gunderson railcars are nonsense....

If you want to think he was assassinated, ask yourself what assassin would kill him in the sloppy manner described by his ex-wife?

I thought the railcars were a stretch until I read this post by jkrog08, www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it there's a link to webpage with a 1972 LA Times article about a plan for 10,000 mph train tunnels.

As for his death, I thought the rope was tied in a strange manner behind his head, in a way he couldn't have done himself. Maybe I'm "misremembering" myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Flag and a star for just now!

Thats news to me!

I will have a good read an be right back.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jblue1978

THANK YOU!

i stand in owe....

I cannot confirm the linked message to be true or false.
However in my oppinion all of his talk makes perfect sense when you connect to the modern age picture of things...

To all mods:

I am dissapointed for not having received an applause for a long time now, but who cares... What i am possitive of is that jblue1978 desrverves at least a few for this post.

THANKS

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The thing is, people rarely go on to their family members telling them that if they commit suicide, it wasn't really suicide, and then go commit suicide.

That is true. If the person is in the right state of mind. However, listening to Schneider and his ex-wife speak, I don't think Schneider was. He may have been mentally ill, maybe schizophrenic. (I am not a psychologist, but have had personal experience with people suffering schizophrenia).

And it is common for suicides not to leave a note. Only 15 - 20% do.

True, and this is a bit rhetorical, but of those 80-85% that dont leave a note, how many do you figure make it a point to publicize that if they die and its ruled suicide, they were murdered?

I'd bet that number is non-existant.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

True, and this is a bit rhetorical, but of those 80-85% that dont leave a note, how many do you figure make it a point to publicize that if they die and its ruled suicide, they were murdered?

I'd bet that number is non-existent.

I'll grant the number is probably low, but there will still be that small percentage that do. Especially if they are suffering from a mental illness (other than depression).

The way I look at Phil Schneider is this. If he had died, would we give this man the time of day? Probably not. He made outrageous claims and nothing he said is verifiable. He would be regulated to the fringe of the fringe, and be one of those people serious researchers wish would go away. And on that note, when was the last time you heard a serious researcher talk about Schneider?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Schneider preached to the converted, plain and simple. See, when you preach to the converted you don't need to actually prove anything.

I think if you look at this logically for a moment, suicide sounds like a more plausible explanation. I mean, he was "killed" for saying what again? And saying it for how long? And he is all over the internet to this day, so it's not like this "murder" shut him up? And how many others have been killed? The people that "killed" him would have to be morons or something, right?

The only thing is, he was a guy that was interested in UFO's and Aliens, so of course when he dies the community projects their desire to believe in the least probable cause first. The sad thing is, other fools out there that are preaching to the converted as well now use him as an example of why "they can't say too much, don't want to end up like Phil". Gimme a break.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ever seen the show Breaking Bad?

I believe that Mr Schneider had the same motivations - except instead of making and selling meth, Mr Schneider manufactured stories and sold people what they wanted to hear.

The fact that he had cancer was used to bolster his credibility as a former insider now unafraid to speak out....

*It is a sad story.

That being said - he gives out some nice research leads. Get the google out when you watch his videos.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
...I think if you look at this logically for a moment, suicide sounds like a more plausible explanation. I mean, he was "killed" for saying what again? And saying it for how long? And he is all over the internet to this day, so it's not like this "murder" shut him up? And how many others have been killed? The people that "killed" him would have to be morons or something, right?...

Agreed.

And I know what I am about to say may sound mad, out there and/or bad taste, but there is another possibility:

Ufology is a massive business and needs all the exposure it can get - exposure is it's life blood.

Is it plausible that the murder of Phil Schneider was carried out, not by a shadowy government outfit, but by an element within Ufology itself to keep the gravy train rolling?

Only time itself will tell whether Phil Schneider was telling the truth not the manner of his death.

[edit on 13/6/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I think if you look at this logically for a moment, suicide sounds like a more plausible explanation. I mean, he was "killed" for saying what again? And saying it for how long?

Spot on, IgnoretheFacts. Schneider was not saying anything different than the most fringe elements of the UFO community. Nor was he saying anything that either could not be falsified or anything that was verifiable. There was no reason to assassinate him. Nor did assassinating him achieve the results the supposed assassins wanted to achieve.

Here is what we are being asked in concern with a supposed Phil Schneider assassination. The government is able to conduct the activities Schneider described in secret, cover them up, and produce few if any leaks, up to and including detonating nuclear weapons in NYC and OKC, a secret war with aliens in a giant underground base, and creating the AIDS virus from an alien germs. Yet, they botch the assassination of Phil Schneider, playing their hand for everyone to see.

As Ignorethefacts said, give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join