It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about alien dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ok, after just reading someones account of an alien abduction dream they had it made me think of something someone once told me. They were in university and studying at this time the subconcious and dreams. They told me (could be completely wrong) that dreams and "picturing something in your minds eye" can only stem from images and experiences you have previously had. For example, if you picture an apple in your head, it is not a random apple, its an apple you have seen before and your brain linked that image with that word/idea.

So, with that being said, if someone dreams about an alien abduction and they see an alien and are touched by them, etc, does that mean that it had to come from a previous experience or actually solidify this experience as true??

I am not well researched on this topic, but it just jumped out at me when I read that. If anyone knows a little somethign about the subconcious mind, please join in.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It could also come from a movie you have seen or a book you read that inspired "pictures" in your head as you read. It doesn't really have to happen to you personally.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

What about someone who claims specific details and experiences?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well that is an interesting question.

One one side of the cube you have people who actually dream and wake with evidence.

On another you have government or other entities pushing a platform that alien experience is just a fancy way of the brain to rationalize or deal with sex abuse, or that they are implanted memories or some other type of disorder.

Then there are the tales of non abduction abduction dreams--ie contact through the mind via telepathy of some sort.

I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment.

Many people experience being reincarnated aliens.

I'm a little slow minded for providing links, but all of these-but for the 'sex abuse' one are talked about alot on here.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Please don't misunderstand me, I am not discounting real alien abductions.
I am just stating that just because you have an abduction dream doesn't mean you HAD to have been abducted. If you have ever read some of these threads here you have more than enough fuel to flesh out an abduction dream for yourself.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Some stories i've read of peoples accounts in thier dreams are so vivid, certian smells, symbols, tastes, pain, etc. Symbols they say they have never seen (and yes I know to take everything with a grain of salt, but I also believe not EVERYONE is a lier). Its all so detailed, so random, my brain is racing now since I have started thinking about this.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

And I am not talking just about abductions, I mean, if someone never thinks they have been abducted, but at the same time has a vivid, unique, abduction dream, with details beforehand unknown, and they acknowledge that it was in fact a dream. Would you just call it a dream, or think it could have come from some previous unknown encounter?

top topics

join