It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle: A Phoenix Rising From the Ashes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Only if they wanted to keep the competition amongst themselves. There certainly couldn't be a declared "winner" if nobody knows who's playing.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
While I think the crop circles are a beautiful form of transient artwork, they have definitely reflected a human learning curve over the years. I find this highly suspicious.

IRM

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by 12.21.12

Why a hummingbird?

I just happen to think that potentially hummingbirds hold the keys to different realms if you will.

Funny cause then orbs were mentioned or maybe just another life form entering the karmic plane. Anyhow I am sure we can read about all of these mythological symbols in native american texts.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

But who is the demo for? If they were going from company to company saying "here's what I can do....want one?" don't you think someone would say something by now?

Further, they already have enough circles in their portfolio to make a presentation to a company about their abilities.

Keep in mind, any company paying for advertising is going to want their message understood. Companies don't care about how "secret" it is -- they want their message heard and seen by as many people as possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

often times, advertisers create ads that do not have a company name or logo attached to them, this type of viral marketing has come into vogue recently as the field of advertising psychology has caught on to the mainstream.

advertisers seek a reaction from the community, the reaction serves to innundate the public consciousness with a certain phrase, image or logo. Once this reaction is met and peoples' curiosities are sufficiently piqued, a product name or brand are revealed. The result is to "pre-register" an image or other into the subconscious so that when a corresponding brand or product is released, the connection is made both consciously and subcosnciously.

Make no mistake, advertisers understand human psychology and neuroscience much better than most any other industry.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Tamale_214]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
According to information in this site the phoenix in egyptian symbolism represents a solar eclipse - it has photos of how similar the solar eclipse looks to a phoenix bird.

www.crystalinks.com...

Not sure if it has anything to do with it but the next solar eclipse is on July 22.

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Who is to say that no one knows. The makers could have told the company to look for a circle in this field at this time. Why would it be needed to make it any more public than that?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

This years solar eclipse is also accompanied by three different lunar eclipses this year. I think theres one on July 10 or something like that and then two more after the solar eclipse.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamale_214

As a former corporate executive in the advertising industry, I can tell you from experience that viral marketing is extremely effective.

That being said, I also know that no company is going to keep a secret viral marketing campaign going for years. And since crop circles from last year (and prior years) were never tied to a particular company, or campaign, one would have to say that the "campaign" is still ongoing. (I'm not counting company logo circles as they are obvious in their connection).

Think about the viral marketing campaign for the 2012 movie -- it was outed within days of its deput.

If you can name a viral marketing campaign that continued for months, let alone years, that was kept "secret" during its entire duration and then revealed to shouts of "aha" -- then I will consider that as a possiblilty.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes, that would work for one lone circle. But to create 5 in June alone? All for one company to judge their performance? Not likely. For more than one company? Seems redundant. Why not just say - take a look at the dragonfly that's right next door?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Graffiti?

I believe in life other than what is found on Earth. I do not believe they created this. This is human art. There's been documentaries about this stuff for years.

It's brilliant art.

Also: I work in marketing, would be pretty good.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aberinkula

As you know, marketing only works when the message is clear. Or at least elicits reactions/responses that benefit the company behind the message.

What do you think the marketing purpose of this (or these) circles would be?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If you can name a viral marketing campaign that continued for months, let alone years, that was kept "secret" during its entire duration and then revealed to shouts of "aha" -- then I will consider that as a possiblilty.

Well, months is easy. I operate a business that ran a billboard viral campaign a number of years ago that did indeed run for 6 months before the reveal. This was a local campaign developed in a city of roughly 185000 population. It was extremely effective and it would not have been so successful if it had been outed immediately. I can certainly imagine a large campaign unfolding over a number of years.

However, I digress. I cannot say that I know that this is the case with the most recent crop-circles. I do get the feeling though that these recent "organism" circles are more terrestrially based than not.

In the end, I only really have questions.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Possibly Phases of a very large campaign?

I'm not claiming to know anything about it, I specialize in Web 2.0, specifically social networks/social media. Just from education and from past experience with viral marketing be it Nine Inch Nails album With Teeth, the upcoming video game Secret World Online, or even the little bit done for 28 Weeks Later movie.

I'm just shooting out theories.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

marketing only works when the message is clear.

I would have to disagree with this statement. The brain filters out that which is common or expected. Advertisers tend to want to confuse people a little bit, if the message is too clear the brain automatically tunes it out and the advertisement is ineffective...I've heard it called "the meh factor" :-)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's just a feeling, but this one just isn't sitting right with me. Not sure what it is, but there's something 'wrong' with it.

I don't think it's from the same source as the jellyfish.

Again, it is just a feeling but sometimes my gut instinct can be spot on.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Originally posted by Tamale_214

Well, months is easy. I operate a business that ran a billboard viral campaign a number of years ago that did indeed run for 6 months before the reveal. This was a local campaign developed in a city of roughly 185000 population.

I see your point, but this is worldwide and carries a larger burden than keeping 185K people quiet or in the dark. Plus, this is years we are talking about.

I can certainly imagine a large campaign unfolding over a number of years.

Then from your own campaign, I am certain you know what emotions/reactions you were looking for from the public. What is the underlying or connecting message to these circles?

In the end, I only really have questions.

Me too! The only connection I could make between all of these circles would be if they were sponsored by a "save the environment" group or something. But would they really have the funds to support this campaign?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214
Advertisers tend to want to confuse people a little bit, if the message is too clear the brain automatically tunes it out and the advertisement is ineffective.

This is actually an extremely big part of my job. We're desensitized to advertising these days. We see billboards everywhere, advertisements on every website, every television channel, every radio station (excluding satellite radio).

I drive to and from work the same route every day. Couldn't tell you half of those billboards. I learned to ignore what's on billboards. They're ineffective. Commercials? I get up and leave the room most of the time. That's my potty/food break. I don't listen to the radio, so those are irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
These crop circles are becoming like large scale graffiti.. I think its pretty obviously manmade but is a work of art. There are very few (if any) mistakes on these latest crop circles. kudos to the creator.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

It doesn't seem to follow the same '11' kind of connection. Nor are the flames on the bottom of the tail symmetrical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join