It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Creating a new "anti-malware" program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I know what your thinking, so what? Microsoft already has one, its not the best but not the worst.

This one is different:

SOURCE:
www.physorg.com...

Micro$oft is gearing up to offer Windows users a free real-time antivirus protection. Code name Morro, the antivirus product will be a hosted service. Morro works by routing all users Internet traffic to a Micro$oft datacenter, where the application will process the traffic and identify and block malware in real-time, by examining all of the rerouted traffic.

(please forgive me, as while I've been a member since around launch on different screen names, Ive never really posted so, if I am doing it in correctly, I apologize.)

So, basically, what I'm getting out of this article, is that Micro$oft (I'm an apple zealot, so it HAS to be done) is creating a way to monitor your internet usage, and along the way they can use the data they collect to sell to other corporations, and give it to governmental departments that would find it very useful for their "list" basically, the end of privacy on the internet.

I am aware that technically, the internet is NOT anonymous, its just logistically un-feasable to trace every persons IP adress.

[mod edit: replaced code tags with EX tags]

[edit on 12-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Knowing microsofts quality, it will probably be easily bypassed by malware makers.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That is odd. I saw as an attempt to protect home users pcs from vicious web sites that trick users into downloading and installing malware on their computers. You know sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
a cigar is just a cigar.

cigar? I already can hear Microsoft say:"We did not have .... with that company"

Does that ring a bel?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
so, we're all just going to forget about the backdoor built into MSFT Windows for the NSA.

Now, if bill gates was still an active CEO, I would agree with you guys, but Steve Ballmer runs the show now, and we all know that he would bend over backwards for the U.S. gov't or the people who run it.

Combine that with wiretapping, public CCTV cameras and you've got a Society that Orwell would be proud of.

new topics

top topics

join