It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Unusal Moon Anomalies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevecc
hopefully Zorgon,Internos,mike singh or armap could cast their eyes over it.

Yup I am here now... Sorry it took so long. I see you tried really hard to get my attention, even a second thread...

Its been a busy time with the LLNL laser, the LRO mission and the Spaceport America that I completely forgot to get back to this.

I will post Mike's response from the other thread..

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by stevecc

Hey steve, how about the link to the original image? Looks interesting!

Cheers!

Dust speck? Not from where I am sitting.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by General_Salazar
Speaking of which, don't be getting excited though about the large number of speckles that run from the top to bottom, just right of centre. Those are just water damage to the negative caused by an over-enthusiastic lab tech.

Really?
Its marvelous to find such expert knowledge here

Oh err wait... since the negatives were developed ON BOARD the lunar Orbiters, that would mean your "over-enthusiastic lab tech" would have had to be on the space craft... and considering the size of the LO crafts, he would have had to have been a midget.

But yes there are developer fluid spots on many images. But the object in the OP and the video are not them

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom If it's not, that would mean that Copernicus crater is littered with buildings in it!

No kidding?

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Speaking of which, don't be getting excited though about the large number of speckles that run from the top to bottom, just right of centre. Those are just water damage to the negative caused by an over-enthusiastic lab tech.

No one's even talking about the so called 'speckles' or 'water damage' to the negative that you mentioned! Could you elucidate what you mean by 'speckles'? And water damage? So they carried a lot of water on board the LO considering that the film was processed on board? And NASA uses water for film processing? Hmmm...That's something new!

Having said that, I think that LO image posted by steve is pretty intriguing. It does have a lot of interesting stuff (and I'm NOT referring to those spots!) Like my crop reproduced by zorgon in his post above. There are more such anomalies that we'll need to analyze. Now I'm not for a moment saying that these are alien/man-made Moon bases! We'll never be able to prove that unless we get our boots on the Moon and see for ourselves.

The latest NASA gizmo in the form of the LRO will perhaps show much better resolution images, but will we ever get to see them? NO! So we're back to square one, groping in the dark!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
After examining the picture myself, I'm gonna say that that spot is just an imperfection in the film. If it's not, that would mean that Copernicus crater is littered with buildings in it!

What do say about these two 'buildings'?

And there are more such 'constructs' in many craters. The jury is still out on whether these are artificial or natural.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The image is interesting to me too: at first glance, it doesn't look to be some external glitch, like moisture, scratch on the film etc. What we see seems to be actually there: but there's also to say that the light is hitting the features from a very low angle (like sunset), so definately what we see is some partial view and many features are hidden: in my opinion, this is a good find, worthy to be investigated.

Mission: Lunar Orbiter 5
Spacecraft Position:
Altitude: 103.15 km
Latitude: 9.52°
Longitude: -20.70°

Principal Point:
Latitude: 9.49°
Longitude: -20.39°
Illumination:
Sun Azimuth: 91.58°
Incident Angle: 72.06°
Emission Angle: 5.49°
Phase Angle: 77.53°
Alpha: -5.47°

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thanks Mike,Zorgon & Internos

Source = www.lpi.usra.edu...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f86834774da.jpg[/atsimg]

You can find this image about halfway down the left hand side.

This image is very similar to the one in the OP there also looks to be some kind of venting going on. Not as good as the "spaceship" image but interesting all the same

Steve

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here's another one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c26f5e81a001.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Mission: Lunar Orbiter 5
Spacecraft Position:
Altitude: 103.15 km
Latitude: 9.52°
Longitude: -20.70°

Principal Point:
Latitude: 9.49°
Longitude: -20.39°

AH There we go... now we send that data to LRO request and have a look...

Now what would we use for rational to look at this area?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Zorgon,

Unfortunately i only have very basic imaging software and don't really know what to do next.

Any idea how to get sort of scale for these objects?

regards
Steve

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevecc
Zorgon,

Unfortunately i only have very basic imaging software and don't really know what to do next.

Any idea how to get sort of scale for these objects?

regards
Steve

Z may provide you with a program...but while you wait if you want to Google up "GIMP" you can find a very robust, free version of a graphics program that actually can challenge photoshop.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
stupid double post.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Edit - forget it its me being thivk

Steve

[edit on 22-9-2009 by stevecc]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I'm not sure either, though there is a large rock just right of centre near the bottom of the image that has left a gouge in the surface as it moved (?!?). It can only just be seen under the processing damage.

There's actually a lot of damage to the negative, including scratches, which is a shame, as the low level sun has cast some nice shadows which pick out a lot of detail.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by General_Salazar]

No over-enthusiastic lab tech here! The film was processed aboard the Lunar Orbiter and those speckles plus scratches, etc., were the result of the film processing while in orbit.

www.lpi.usra.edu...
"Upon completion of a photographic sequence, a processor dryer, on command, processed the film from the storage looper at a rate of 6.09 cm (2.4 in.) per minute. ... "

"Certain imperfections may be observed in some of the photographs. These imperfections are directly traceable to the method of film development, the readout system, the video data, or the GRE system."

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Regarding the lunar photos provided in this thread: BIG mistake! The photos are digital so the detail of the actual high resolution photos is not reproduced. Because of this blow-ups tend to be out of focus and pixelated. What is claimed then is the result of pareidolia. Nothing here, folks, move on!

So far, since I've been an amateur selenogist concentrating on claims of alien structures, etc., on the moon since the early 1980s no one has ever shown anything out of the ordinary on the high-resolution prints. They're always pointed out in these criticized photos. It's all in the mind!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Here's another one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c26f5e81a001.jpg[/atsimg]

that looks like a cat or lion with a fish or something on its head

maybe it means catfish?

i think whoever made that wants us to send him some catfish

also there seems to be a company named Fish Cat that does digital retouching of photos

www.fishcatdesign.net...

or maybe the guy who made it, feels like he is a cat looking at us humans in a fishbowl called earth

pretty funny stuff.....

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by octotom If it's not, that would mean that Copernicus crater is littered with buildings in it!

No kidding?

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Lear's" photos only show what YOU want to see. There is nothing on the photos that is not highlighted by the overenthusiastic adorers of the Lear myth. Just like that guy with the ULOs. Only he sees what he highlights with color on them out-of-focus, over-pixilated photos. Yet he may be making a nice buck on his e-book(s).

George Leonard, Fred Steckling and some websites dedicated to showing questionable NASA photos are to be blamed for this sad state of affairs. I can show you a lunar photo that shows a "scythe" in a crater. The shape is unmistakable and there is even a glint of the sun on metal. Except this "scythe" is many miles big!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
So far, since I've been an amateur selenogist concentrating on claims of alien structures, etc., on the moon since the early 1980s no one has ever shown anything out of the ordinary on the high-resolution prints. They're always pointed out in these criticized photos. It's all in the mind!

29 years as an 'amateur' and you still see nothing?
You know... most likely you have a severe case of prosopagnosia. I would have that looked into

Not sure why your dragging up an old thread that has pretty much run it's course since John left a year ago

Oh well have at it... never hurts to refresh all those reasons why you see nothing

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
"Lear's" photos only show what YOU want to see.

Well considering how popular this thread was I would say you amateur opinion on that is wrong as well. I am sure there are many out there shaking their head at you wondering "Is he blind or something?"

Just like that guy with the ULOs. Only he sees what he highlights with color on them out-of-focus, over-pixilated photos. Yet he may be making a nice buck on his e-book(s).
Oh you mean Allan? Well no he is not making much money but hey, its America... freedom to publish ones ideas, freedom to earn money from ones work... are you a Communist?
You know ATS also makes money off stuff like these moon pictures ya know
Don't see you rattling their chain over it

I can show you a lunar photo that shows a "scythe" in a crater. The shape is unmistakable and there is even a glint of the sun on metal. Except this "scythe" is many miles big!

Kewl
Start a thread... you will get many flags... better than trolling old threads stirring up poop...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join