It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Unusal Moon Anomalies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
source = www.lpi.usra.edu...

Unfortunatly i am a technophobe so i can't post the image. I'm sure some of you Pro's out there can see what i can see. This may help
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
EDITED

There ya go bud... not sure what you're seein, so perhaps u can direct me to it?
-Z-

Whoa!! Didnt know the picture was that large... I removed it, lol.
Are u talking about all the pyramidal shadows?

[edit on 6/12/2009 by ZyPHeR]

[edit on 6/12/2009 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure either, though there is a large rock just right of centre near the bottom of the image that has left a gouge in the surface as it moved (?!?). It can only just be seen under the processing damage.

Speaking of which, don't be getting excited though about the large number of speckles that run from the top to bottom, just right of centre. Those are just water damage to the negative caused by an over-enthusiastic lab tech.

There's actually a lot of damage to the negative, including scratches, which is a shame, as the low level sun has cast some nice shadows which pick out a lot of detail.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by General_Salazar]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So thats some of what im seein... thankz salazar, star for you!

-Z-

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Been looking at the image a bit closer.

To the bottom right of the picture there is another white object amongst the rocks and shadow. Just up from that to the right bottom edge are some more anomalies worth looking at.

Also at the ten oclock position from the image in the video you will see a white area in a small crater. another unusual object.

Steve

[edit on 12-6-2009 by stevecc]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think that it would've been better had the maker of the video not highlighted the object that he was talking about at :18 or so. It would've been fine to put a circle around it.

Since he highlighted the thing, I'm going to have to say that the glow is what makes it look like something is there.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stevecc

it certainly is an interesting anomaly, you might see a few more just like it in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

thanks for the link.

Its a great image and woth studying more.

Steve

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
After examining the picture myself, I'm gonna say that that spot is just an imperfection in the film. If it's not, that would mean that Copernicus crater is littered with buildings in it!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There are some damage to the image, but if you take some time to look at the entire picture there is some good stuff to see.

Steve

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm afraid it's just a large dust particle. There are a lot in that section of the print. They come out as white when the negative is placed in the enlarger as they block light getting to the print. I'm as disappointed as the rest of you

There is a shocking amount of neglect to that negative, considering it is a valuable lunar photo
It's like they had the work experience guy process it!

I am still intrigued by the rock that has seemingly moved and the object, again in the bottom right, which seems to have cast a disproportionately long shadow, even when you take into account it is sitting on a slope. This suggests it is quite tall.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
there is also an unusual dust particle!! to the bottom right of the picture.

Just follow the dark channel that curves off to the right of the picure and zoom in. You will see another object.

hopefully Zorgon,Internos,mike singh or armap could cast their eyes over it.

steve

[edit on 12-6-2009 by stevecc]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well done stevecc, thats a nice image. Its full of things to look at. I see ruins of castle like structures in a part of that image. Is this what you see?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65315b891856.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0169e14f6d5.jpg[/atsimg]

Blast damage by the look of it I thinks.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I can see quite a few things on that side. There is even one that looks like a little spaceship. The problem is that they are very similar to the dust, lint and scratches that are on the negative so you can't even see the wood for the trees.

There are are also pixellated bands running horizonatally across the image that not only cause distortion, but have created a double image of any rocks that lie in their path.

This is actually one of my favourite shots of the moon now. Unfortunately there is so much crud on it, that if there is something there, it is impossible to confirm. Maybe that was the point. It is one of the most badly damaged images I have seen of the moon and there is a lot of interesting stuff in it too.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
On an image as badly mishandled as this one how can you expect that what you are seeing is an anomaly? There is an awful lot of smudging and spotting going on there.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I still haven't found the 'buildings', the 'spaceship' or the moving rock...I did think the horizontal 'tracks' running all the way across the bottom of the image were pretty cool.
Of course, I know, it's just a problem with the image, but one can still dream...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That's why I think the damage was maybe done on purpose. There is a huge amount to look at there, but with all the crud, trying to direct anyone to what you may have found is next to impossible.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the link to that site!
Nice pictures!

I just wanted to mention that if you change the number of the photo title in the url (increment by one), it is a little quicker and easier way of viewing all the photos. There are many more cool photos just like that one with all kinds of interesting things to look at...

For example the title of this photo is "5151_h1.jpg", just change to "5152_h1.jpg", and get another photo...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by General_SalazarThere is a shocking amount of neglect to that negative, considering it is a valuable lunar photo
It's like they had the work experience guy process it!

Lunar Orbiter film was actually processed aboard the probe itself. Then the negatives were optically scanned and the data returned to Earth via radio.

www.vgl.org...

Many Lunar Orbiter photos have these kind of photo processing problems. Then add more junk added by further generations of processing/printing/scanning and you have all sorts of "anomalies" to puzzle over by the time the image reaches the internet.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Here's the image of the spaceship anomalie already mentioned.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cf00b08ca28.jpg[/atsimg]

Steve

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join