It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Being Watched?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Are You Being Watched?

www.newsweek.com

At first glance, there was nothing special about the blimp floating high above the cars and crowd at this year's Indy 500 on Memorial Day weekend. Like most airships, it acted as an advertising vehicle; this time for the Fisher House, a charity focused on helping injured veterans and their families. But the real promo should have been for the blimp's creator, Raytheon, the security company best known for its weapons systems. Hidden inside the 55-foot-long white balloon was a powerful surveillance camera adapted from the technology Raytheon provides the U.S. military. Essentially an unmanned
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.raytheon.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Surveillance World: Webcams, Google Earth & IP Addresses
Mass Surveillance
Public surveillance

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

"The airship is great because it doesn't have that Big Brother feel, or create feelings of invasiveness," says Lee Silvestre, vice president of mission innovation in Raytheon's Integrated Defense division. "But it's still a really powerful security tool."

Yes... isn't commercialize military developed technology "great"... especially when it's being pointed at us. Our tax dollars that are being funneled to such defense contractors as Raytheon to develop and sell for their own profit... an eye-in-the-sky.

Scribble this one down in your revolution survival notebook, so when it comes time to take to the streets, first item on your to-do list should be to poke this eye out... of the sky. Here's a video, for those who want to know what to set thier sights on.

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well you know in England im an Aussie but im also a Brit, there is really no where you can go where you cant be seen and watched.
Except for some little loopholes in the surveillance grid that my cousins showed me.
So its nothing new, really they can photograph you anywhere anytime, except for some certain places I will not disclose.
Its already happened, its in every country, every island.
If you want to fight against it perhaps ripping them down might be a start.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If Americans think we are not being overseen, just watch the movie Eagle Eye with Shia Labeouf and Billy Bob Thorton. Its a great conspiracy movie and gets you to see how we are under surveillance all the time.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is one of those stories that doesnt so much worry me , as completely fail to shock and suprise me. The fact is that the eye in the sky stuff is almost irrelavent here in Britain as has been mentioned. I think the only relavence this has, is if ANYONE in a "developed " nation thinks they have a right to privacy unless specificaly targeted as a result of commision of a crime, well those people are living in cloud cuckoo land to be honest. Its not right, its not good, but it is true. Hope that nugget sets some one free.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Here in Chicago, we're just starting to see this trend. Just this past year, every other major intersection has two new cameras on it... we are told "to catch people who drive through red lights".

Last month i received a $50 ticket in the mail with a picture of the rear end of my car parked outside in front of my house, indicating that my license had expired. Gave me a very creepy feeling. Almost as if a PI had sent me pictures in the mail asking for money, or else.

And getting back to the military grade surveillance cameras floating in the sky... i have also noticed that the blimps are getting smaller and now i know why.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The prevailing impression i get, is that the queen is a peeping-tom... as a result London has been leading the way for all the latest greatest surveillance tech used on the public in the world.

... but i had no idea that you had it this bad ...
Beach bobbies: Police officers use hand-held cameras to trap cyclists speeding along seafront. Which makes me wonder, where is the breaking point... when is it considered an abuse? When you consider how much the city's collect in fines, this comes off as opportunistic.

In Chicago, they pay a private company to ticket and maintain the parking meters. In response to a recent fare hike, people are shoving gum and foam sealant down the coin receptacles or the meters, rendering them useless ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) but what to do about a camera... if unmanned, maybe go around in the middle of the night and spray paint the lenses or smash them with a hammer?

Not that i'm suggesting that people should go out and destroy public property.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

The photo would be from a traffic cop.
If you park your car on public roads without registration they can legally tow it away.
You got a photo and a $50 fine with a chance to rectify it.
That's these filthy animals being nice.
Making up the law as they go along.
Don't worry about the blimps, they have satellites that can analyze molecules on your face.
They have pinhole camera's where you cant even see they can see you.
Been to a public toilet lately?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

As it happens there are ways around some of the unmaned cameras . The traffic ones can also be filled with expanding foam, and if done correctly , this can cause the casing to split open, and the components to be pushed clear out of the case !

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ha, that would explain the blimps that sometimes endlessly circle the greater Los Angeles area. I have seen a few circling the industrial areas of Carson, Compton, and Long Beach, and wondered why.

Now it makes sense.

Good find.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
...they have satellites that can analyze molecules on your face.
They have pinhole camera's where you cant even see they can see you.
Been to a public toilet lately?

Wow... if anyone is still in need of any more confirmation that they own us, this is it.

This is all a big shock to me... I must be as TrueBrit put it "living in cloud cuckoo land"... and/or could it be that we are all heading towards a life in cloud cuckoo land? Something is off/sick/twisted about this picture, where we have millions upon millions of paid prying eyes popping up in every conceivable nook and cranny.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thank God and government that if I suddenly forget who I am and wander off there will be a chance to find me.

Seems to me this creates an opportunity to hone our deception skills. It is something I had to do for many years of my life.

Having to dodge cameras, GBI and FBI has been a real challenge but it has and can be done if you are so inclined to not have the authorities know what you are up to.

If a person is not a political figure, fugitive, up to no good or some other kind of nefarious activity then the cameras can be helpful in the event of kidnapping and crime.

You can hide in plain sight if so desired. It just takes imagination.

Isn't being monitored kind of old news just with new tricks?

There was a time you could take a stroll on the beach, turn up the music or get out in the lake and not be heard. Of course it's not that way anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Do what I do. Anytime I se a flying craft, I give it the finger. It's like playing my own (where's Waldo) game and I'm playing the paarrt of Waldo.

When they are scanning over their surveillance, they will always have pictures of some man giving them the finger.

I love the helicopters that fly their flight pattern by my house. They're allowed to fly at 1500 feet yet fly around a few hundred at most. I get the NYPD all the time. The guy actually circled back over my house, so I got him again.

It may be childish but I enjoy it. Just my way of saying hello, I know what you're up to in a not so polite way.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Thank God and government that if I suddenly forget who I am and wander off there will be a chance to find me.

A more effect way of finding you is already established and is waiting on the shelf... all they need to do is fabricate another clever false flag to sell us the gps enabled implant chip. ... and as for hiding in plain sight, this will also be a thing of the past, unless of course you find a way to short circuit your chip, but then you better have an escape route readily in hand for they are on their way to your last signal received location.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
what you want to do with speeding cameras is wrap them in clingfilm or whatever you call it where your from, do your speeding then take it back off.
The pictures will be too blured to identify anything but it'll still take pictures. they'll think it's broken and send someone to check it but it'll be fine. nice way to waste thier money without actually damaging anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Your culinary inspired approach... reminds me of the PhotoBlocker spray... and the License Plate Loover. Has anyone tried such a product or heard of anyone who has, ...does it work?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh, you all are speaking about

www.c4i.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c0803ba7b4a55d43.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, they are very well integrated and i have first hand knowledge of their ability's. Just for the record, it CAN listen to exactly what you are saying while speaking on your cell phone or speaking to a person on the street without any distortion or should i say very limited distortion from surrounding noize pollution. As for image quality, well it can read the color of your eyes with any real problems its a matter of turning the dial to the right

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Holy mother of "bleepity bleep bleep bleep" ...this is a world rulers' thought police wet-dream come true. We have all the trimmings now for what jones trademarked a "prisonplanet". No step, look or thought will go unnoticed/recorded, if you are branded a potential threat of the powers that be.

Orwell eat your heart out.

With this level of capability turned further inward, image all the blackmailing and strategy playing going on behind the doors of congress.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
In my closer look at those who look at us... i found an interesting site with a similar name and purpose to this thread/article. Created and maintained by the ACLU.

You Are Being Watched spotlights the high costs of camera surveillance systems, both in terms of money and civil liberties. Do we want a society where we live under an ever-watchful video eye?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Do what I do. Anytime I see a flying craft, I give it the finger.

absolutely... what can they do... right? You have then in a situation where they have to take it... sort of a too-shay... much in that they have turned you into an object of their government endorse voyeuristic fetish of desire. (yes... i have embellished for affect... so what! as Kathy Griffin would say "suck it"... i give you the proverbial finger
).

I have a challenge for you Revealation, next time instead of flashing your finger... i dare you to flash them the following:

...and if you film it and enter it into the ATS video contest... you are guarenteed to get my vote and if you add a commentary via bullhorn you have earned my eternal admiration

All half-joking aside for a moment... this would seriously be priceless. Noting your avatar i think you might just be the man for the job. I am chanting and shaking my wooden idols in prayer that you will take this on.

btw ... i extend this challenge to anyone who is willing and able... especially to those in the UK.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join