It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Sunny Scotland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bong Sau

NO! Not boring at all. I'm intrigued by language of all forms whether spoken, written or signed. The art of communication is very interesting. Its a terrible shame that heritages and languages are going extinct. I was once an interpreter. But understanding and speaking with alternate languages is a perishable skill, without frequent use the memory will lapse in a very short time. Of course, I might be the rare oddball with that fascination.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Sounds like you will fit in just fine.

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Ay, good old Killie! Not been there for ages, except to go to the cinema. Was recently at a place called Firepower in Caprington that's kinda like paintball but with high powered laser guns. That's well good fun.

It's no wonder 1 in 4 here suffer from mental health problems. I reckon we're all just suffering from permanent SAD. I mean, they get more sun in Greenland!

Either that or we're just genetically pre-disposed to being mental. Most folk would agree with that

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

NO! Not boring at all. I'm intrigued by language of all forms whether spoken, written or signed. The art of communication is very interesting. Its a terrible shame that heritages and languages are going extinct. I was once an interpreter. But understanding and speaking with alternate languages is a perishable skill, without frequent use the memory will lapse in a very short time. Of course, I might be the rare oddball with that fascination.

I maybe come at the same thing from a different angle.

I used to travel the UK daily and found it fascinating to hear accents change, even within a few miles of travel.
The 'musical' ear.

I have my own business (lol to date) and visitors are often surprised when I can tell them 'where in the world' they come from.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu

Ay, good old Killie! Not been there for ages, except to go to the cinema. Was recently at a place called Firepower in Caprington that's kinda like paintball but with high powered laser guns. That's well good fun.

It's no wonder 1 in 4 here suffer from mental health problems. I reckon we're all just suffering from permanent SAD. I mean, they get more sun in Greenland!

Either that or we're just genetically pre-disposed to being mental. Most folk would agree with that

Small world.
My parents had a house in Caprington 30 years ago.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Welcome and sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. I myself have been through and continue through some life/mind and spirit altering complications, but will hold steadfast in faith.

If your traing has taught you anything, it's definately patience, discipline and endurance and you know these will take you beyond what most can endure.If you have a belief in God then your possibilities are endless.

I am of Scottish and Irish descent but have unfortunately never met any of my ancestors or have any knowledge or contact of who they were before my grandparents passed away. I just started a family tree to hopefully trace my lines back.

Not to be off topic but I know considering your martial arts experience and being from Scotland, you must know of Tommy Carruthers ? I've seen some videos of him on youtube and he is intense. If he's that fast can you only imagine what The master "Bruce Lee" must have been like? Again, welcome and wish you all the best.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Welcome and sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. I myself have been through and continue through some life/mind and spirit altering complications, but will hold steadfast in faith.

If your traing has taught you anything, it's definately patience, discipline and endurance and you know these will take you beyond what most can endure.If you have a belief in God then your possibilities are endless.

I am of Scottish and Irish descent but have unfortunately never met any of my ancestors or have any knowledge or contact of who they were before my grandparents passed away. I just started a family tree to hopefully trace my lines back.

Not to be off topic but I know considering your martial arts experience and being from Scotland, you must know of Tommy Carruthers ? I've seen some videos of him on youtube and he is intense. If he's that fast can you only imagine what The master "Bruce Lee" must have been like? Again, welcome and wish you all the best.

Small world again.
I did in fact train with Tommy Carruthers.
Back in the day, I was the only class member that could keep up with him on pushups.
Thanks for the memory.
That'd be about 1997 I think.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hi and welcome. Me, Im from sunny Ayrshire as well. Ayr to be exact. Dont be a stranger.

Respects

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Hi and welcome. Me, Im from sunny Ayrshire as well. Ayr to be exact. Dont be a stranger.

Respects

G'awd, it's a small world.
My business is in Ayr.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hi! I'm also new to the forum, and as a non-native English speaker I'd like to ask, what is MOD ? And NHS? the last time I read about MOD it was an article about The Who being 'mods'... yes, I'm a musician too.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Dont know...i think MOD is Ministry of defence and NHS is National Health Service.Anyhoo...killie
god for such a small population us Scots sure do get around the place!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Not long arrived home (in not so sunny England) after a 5 hour drive from Westerinch near Bathgate. Been working there all week and can vouch for the 'better than expected' weather too!

You'll certainly find plenty on here to keep you thinking.

Regards

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Dont know...i think MOD is Ministry of defence and NHS is National Health Service.

Correctamundo!
MOD = Ministry of Defence (couldn't run a bath)
NHS = National Health Service (couldn't find a bath)

Anyhoo...killie
god for such a small population us Scots sure do get around the place!

What can I say....

We ARE the Master Race!

Worship my Sporran!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
Welcome to ATS.

Not long arrived home (in not so sunny England) after a 5 hour drive from Westerinch near Bathgate. Been working there all week and can vouch for the 'better than expected' weather too!

You'll certainly find plenty on here to keep you thinking.

Regards

Cheers bud.
Used to go to Bathgate regular, when I was a Sales Rep in the Audio Industry.

Not the most beautific part of the Country.
If you ever get the chance, drive North out of Glasgow and do the run up to Skye.
You get Loch Lomond, Loch Ness, Eilean Donan Castle and Glencoe.

Take a Camera, Midge repellant, Sheep Call and Wellies!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here's Scotland for ya!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I guess the video doesn't show your average friday/saturday night in any town city or village lol

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

and a bonny place it is too!

welcome dude, i am also from scotland (aberdeen) , although i dont stay in scotland any more.

ps..

Foo's yer doo's ?

(
)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

and a bonny place it is too!

welcome dude, i am also from scotland (aberdeen) , although i dont stay in scotland any more.

ps..

Foo's yer doo's ?

(
)

Hi Boaby.
Another taste of home fur ye;

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I guess the video doesn't show your average friday/saturday night in any town city or village lol

You can't take the Ned's out of Scotland, but you'll not take Scotland out of the Ned either.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Welcome aboard.Your post also caught my eye as my great grandparents came from Scotland to the U.S. Also my last name is Wallace,does that make us buddys?
Anyway I envy you as you live in a beautiful country!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join