It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Sunny Scotland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
.....and for once, it's true, we've had a fortnight without rain here, which is most unusual!

Been looking around for a forum to discuss things on and make new friends.
Hope this is it.

I'm 'on the fence' as regards some of the various Conspiracy Theories going about.

I do have some interesting personal stories to share and promote here once I breach the 20th Hurdle Post.
I'm involved in law suits against the MOD and the NHS.

I'm most likely to react strongly to anyone who is Bigoted or ignorant in any way, towards me or others.

I'm 42 y/o, a former Kickboxer and Martial Arts Instructor.
I'm also a musician, playing keyboards in a Band.

Married, with one beautiful daughter, who means everything to me.
Unfortunately, I'm getting divorced after 23 years of monogamy.

Had a quadruple Heart Bypass last year, which I'm still getting to grips with.

LOL. Don't think I left anything out.

Say Hi!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Welcome Bong Sau.

I wouldn't say we have had 2 weeks of sunshine up here in Aberdeen, it has been mostly nice but walking home last night I got pelted by hail stones. I mean proper hail stones in the middle of june, that's weird even for us in the north east.

Enjoy your stay.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Awright Bon Sau! Nice to see more Scots on here

Can't wait to hear about the law suits against the MOD and NHS!!! Sounds like that will be a belter of a story.

Where is Scotland are you based, if you don't mind me asking? I like to keep an eye out for like-minded local people on here, just in case the shechter really does hit the fan and we need to back each other up
And with you're martial arts background you sound like pretty good handers!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Welcome,
Being here in Newfoundland, from what we are told, Scotland is very much like us in many ways.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hello! And welcome to ATS....I don't post that much anymore, but I wanted to say hi. I'm near Aberdeen too, and I was wondering which Scotland you're in , cos we haven't had two weeks of sunshine here...not even two hours most days!
Torrential rain and thunderstorms and hail recently. Today is good though.....

Hope you enjoy your time on ATS...

Cait

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
Welcome Bong Sau.

I wouldn't say we have had 2 weeks of sunshine up here in Aberdeen, it has been mostly nice but walking home last night I got pelted by hail stones. I mean proper hail stones in the middle of june, that's weird even for us in the north east.

Enjoy your stay.

Well that's the Granite City for you.

Fitz Like?

My Dad was from Keith.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
Awright Bon Sau! Nice to see more Scots on here

Can't wait to hear about the law suits against the MOD and NHS!!! Sounds like that will be a belter of a story.

For sure.
One starts at £750.000.

Where is Scotland are you based, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm down the West Coast, in Ayrshire.

I like to keep an eye out for like-minded local people on here, just in case the shechter really does hit the fan and we need to back each other up
And with you're martial arts background you sound like pretty good handers!

I'm a lover not a fighter. LOL.
Though I'll do paid hits.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Welcome,
Being here in Newfoundland, from what we are told, Scotland is very much like us in many ways.

Hi stereovoyaged.

Never been to your fair country.
Hope you're as proud of yours, as I am of mine.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bong Sau

Saying "Hi". Your post title caught my attention in a funny way. Sunny Scotland - LOL. I've never been there but heard through the grapevine that my family has Scot heritage which makes me proud. It would be great if you could type with an accent

Welcome.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Hello! And welcome to ATS....I don't post that much anymore, but I wanted to say hi. I'm near Aberdeen too, and I was wondering which Scotland you're in , cos we haven't had two weeks of sunshine here...not even two hours most days!
Torrential rain and thunderstorms and hail recently. Today is good though.....

Hope you enjoy your time on ATS...

Cait

Hi Cait.

As mentioned in previous reply, I'm in Ayrshire.

Sorry to hear you don't post much anymore.
Sometimes you get forum burnout.

Thanks for the welcome.

Summer is supposed to be glorious, or so I'm told.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Saying "Hi". Your post title caught my attention in a funny way. Sunny Scotland - LOL. I've never been there but heard through the grapevine that my family has Scot heritage which makes me proud. It would be great if you could type with an accent

Welcome.

Awe hen, nae bother at a'.

Ye ken fine weel ah'm a moan whit likes tae please a fine lassie.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bong Sau

Welcome,

Hi stereovoyaged.

I am indeed, I love being Canadian but love being a Newfoundlander even more! I def have plans in my future to actually visit your fair country, so much of my ancestory and heritage comes from there and Ireland.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Welcome,

Hi stereovoyaged.

I am indeed, I love being Canadian but love being a Newfoundlander even more! I def have plans in my future to actually visit your fair country, so much of my ancestory and heritage comes from there and Ireland.

Been having trouble with 'youtube' today, but if you type in "Scotland" as a search, you'll find some nice flying tours of what you'll see.......presuming it isn't raining.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yeah....I keep hearing that too. The last two have been just long rain festivals before the snow starts, but this one is supposed to be good...I bleedin' hope so! I have tomatoes to grow!
And the garden has made the most of the April sun, and the May monsoons, and has sprouted all kinds of monsters, in every possible combination...like brambles with nettles wrapped round them, and topped off with sticky willies..........lovely......container gardening for me next year I think....

Sorry to hear about your op last year...that's big stuff, and you're still really young. Here's to a full recovery m'dear.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Believe me, I have researched Scotland on more than one instance. Beautiful.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Yeah....I keep hearing that too. The last two have been just long rain festivals before the snow starts, but this one is supposed to be good...I bleedin' hope so! I have tomatoes to grow!
And the garden has made the most of the April sun, and the May monsoons, and has sprouted all kinds of monsters, in every possible combination...like brambles with nettles wrapped round them, and topped off with sticky willies..........lovely......container gardening for me next year I think....

Sorry to hear about your op last year...that's big stuff, and you're still really young. Here's to a full recovery m'dear.

Aye well, if it's any consolation, before I moved in here, the previous tenant tried to hide a forest of 'Mares Tail' under cheap plastic and red chips.
It's a blooming nightmare.
Took a couple of years to show.
Hope your tomatoes turn out ok at least.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yay! I'm an Ayrshire lass myself. Grew up in Irvine, although been living in Glasgow for 8 years now.

@ caitlinfae - get back posting! Been missing you about here for a while.

And guys, stop talking about this summer being good. You'll jinx it!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu

Yay! I'm an Ayrshire lass myself. Grew up in Irvine, although been living in Glasgow for 8 years now.

Nae kidding?
Just doon the road near Killie.

And guys, stop talking about this summer being good. You'll jinx it!

Hmmm, good point!

Last great summer I remember was 76', when my school playground was melting under our feet.

Gimme SUN!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Welcome.

What did you just say??
Just kidding. Thanks for sharing the accent. I'll be looking forward to your posts after your get your 20.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Welcome.

What did you just say??
Just kidding. Thanks for sharing the accent. I'll be looking forward to your posts after your get your 20.

Not so much an accent, as a language.
My Father, an English Teacher, wrote a book (never published) intended as a 'primer' for Scot's dialect.
It's a 'lost' language, that Parliament attempted to eradicate through education policy starting in 1946.

I'll bore y'all about it later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join