It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with the colbert report??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No theres SFA people in america that are onto it enough to even realise the medias controlled, and who fight for people to do whatever they choose! what a load of crap! you have almost a whole state who make it there lifes mission to ensure gay people cant get married, thats only one example i can even be bothered typing out.

Are you sick of people belittling your troops and army? Good, because all the rest of the world who are actually on to it enough to know whats going on can see the pointlessness of your troops efforts. Its all such a crock i cant believe so many people buy into it. You want the stereotypical amercians that most of the rest of the world sees?

www.theobamaforum.com...

Read some of these posts then try to defend your proud peoples.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Skinon]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Skinon since your location is listed as "low and too the left" I don't know what great nation you are from. I guess it must be much better than the US.

Your nation has probably led the world in civil rights, space technology, integration, freedom, and justice. We all stand before your great nation, we dare not speaks its name

Sorry, just messing with you a little. Please enlighten us about this great nation you hail from?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
New Zealand! The dam best place you could live because of its nuetrality, But even so, i dont and never will blindly defend my country, why should i? its like people who are crazy for there football team or whatever just because they are from the same town. Well i dont buy into that crap i try to judge whats best for our planet and ourselves. Unfortunatley the truth can be rather cold.

You can say what you want about the country i live in, but it makes no difference to me, because the only country i could truly love is one that was ran by me.

(3:19 am so spelling is up to f all)

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Skinon]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
New Zealand! The dam best place you could live because of its nuetrality, But even so, i dont and never will blindly defend my country, why should i? its like people who are crazy for there football team or whatever just because they are from the same town. Well i dont buy into that crap i try to judge whats best for our planet and ourselves. Unfortunatley the thruth can be rather cold.

You can say what you want about the country i live in, but it makes no difference to me, because the only country i could truly love is one that was ran by me.

Hey, no, I love New Zeland, I would love to visit one day. I agree that those who blindly defend a country just because they live their are mistaken. But, I also think those that attack an entire nationality are also mistake, get me?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yea for sure, i dont mean every american, but unfortunately it is MOST of them, It really pisses me off how america has gotten so corrupt. If people woke up outta there slumber and actually thought about more then there own little world, then real change would occur! I mean soldiers have all the power, they could just say NO we are not following that order or going to war with them because thats a load of crap! why do they have to think like machines, imagine if they said hell no. Everyone would flip out and call them unpatriotic, where in reality they are bein the most patriotic of all, which is looking after the needs of the country NOT the needs of one certain class\tier of people who say do this, do that and dont question it.

I am fortunate enough to encounter alot of americans thru the town i live in and most of them are bloody good people, and it seems it has alot to do with the fact that they are travelling and actually experience the world outside of america. It is rather strange to see how ones own country is portrayed by the people or government of another country.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
Yea for sure, i dont mean every american, but unfortunately it is MOST of them, It really pisses me off how america has gotten so corrupt. If people woke up outta there slumber and actually thought about more then there own little world, then real change would occur! I mean soldiers have all the power, they could just say NO we are not following that order or going to war with them because thats a load of crap! why do they have to think like machines, imagine if they said hell no. Everyone would flip out and call them unpatriotic, where in reality they are bein the most patriotic of all, which is looking after the needs of the country NOT the needs of one certain class\tier of people who say do this, do that and dont question it.

I am fortunate enough to encounter a lot of Americans thru the town i live in and most of them are bloody good people, and it seems it has a lot to do with the fact that they are traveling and actually experience the world outside of America. It is rather strange to see how ones own country is portrayed by the people or government of another country.

Being from America I can tell you, "most of us are bloody good people". America has gotten overly involved in foreign policy and international affairs. For a short history lesson, the US had to be dragged into WWI kicking and screaming. Most Americans were very isolationist, same goes for WWII. Of course, since then our leaders have seen the US military as the world police. Most citizens of the US don't agree with that.

Where the US is headed I don't know. But I do know that most of the troops in Colbert's audience were there for one of two reasons. They saw the attacks on 9/11 and said not on my watch, therefore joining the armed forces. Or, they are there to collect on the GI Bill (free college tuition after a number of years of service). They are patriots and Colbert is treating them with the utmost respect.

I will be glad when the day and age arrives when the US is third or fourth on the world power list and other nations are running the world and sending their military to the hot zones. I can guarantee that the people of the world will miss the US.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

What is wrong with showing respect and appreciation for our troops? They are the only thing standing between you and slavery, because the world is full of evil people and our leaders may sometimes be misguided, but they are not evil.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I stand behind our troops 100%. but to claim that they and they alone are the top 3% of our citizens is a joke. It is an insult to Americans as a whole. How many soldiers are in the military because they couldn't find jobs anywhere elese?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There's nothing neutral about NZ .... NZ troops fought in both Iraq and Afghanistan, both world wars, Korea, and again in Vietnam.

They have certainly done their fair share for a country who's army is smaller then my local police department. Their "air force" and "navy" leave quite a bit to be desired however.

New Zealand Army - appx 5,000
Royal New Zealand Navy - appx 2,000/12 vessels
Royal New Zealand Air Force - appx 2,500/53 aircraft and helicopters

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think it's just classic morale building, as they say, if you believe you are the best, you will act that way. It's no different to the rest of the milltary indoctrination in my opinion.

I notice the lack of detail:

"they are the top 5% of the american population"

In what? IQ? Wages? 'Human Spirit'? It's all very vague...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

I would like to first say I love Colbert and the steps he has taken to go support the troops. On the other hand he was there to do a show wither it was entertaining or not. You would be surprised at what people will watch when the are detached from society. OH as for the Illuminati thing look at Colberts older shows particularity at his Desk notice anything? >
just trying to keep you on your toes

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
did anyone else notice the american flag on the right arm of the general was white and black and not red white and blue?

i thought that was weird

a black flag with white strips and where the stars are it was all black, anyone else notice it?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimminycricket

The top 3% is referring to more then one thing on one side most technology that is being put out right now is what they had 10 15 years ago in the military. Alot of minds went into creating all that tech. Morals believe it or not most Soldiers Airmen Marines Sailors are taught to do the right thing even when no one is looking. Yeah it is true that people join the military when they cant find a job the recent Army enlistment quote was reached at February they are now over by about 50% or so according to the Armytimes and that goes for most of the other services as well. And the last one nobody wants to hear b/c they choose a path that puts them in harms way when people attack the country. Do I think people in the service are better then anyone else. No we are all just people but you have you remember it wasn't a guy talking to a camera it was a Leader talking to his men ( and women
)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackpheonix

The top 3% is referring to more then one thing on one side

So in other words, yes, it's a very vague statement, the type you would use when manipulating people. I'm not saying the USA military aren't good, or that there aren't good people in it.

The point I'm more trying to make is that it's just classic technique in my opinion.

The beliefs I would instill into soldiers of my country would be the same.

You make your own country "the best in the world", and you portray whoever the enemy is as against your country. This gives the soldiers something to fight for, and they feel they are being defensive rather than aggressive.

You portray whoever the enemy is as evil and barbaric, this make it easier to kill them.

You make the soldiers believe they are the best of the best, that way you get the best performance out of them.

And so on...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"The U.S.A. has accomplished more in 500 years than some countries have in 5000."

The U.S.A. has been around for 500 years????? And who says Americans are stupid uninformed idiots????? I don't know if you need a history or math class or both.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That wasnt really what I was getting at his statement wasnt really for the people watching the Colbert Report he was addressing his troops. And as for the Flag it was subdue

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"The U.S.A. has accomplished more in 500 years than some countries have in 5000."

The U.S.A. has been around for 500 years????? And who says Americans are stupid uninformed idiots????? I don't know if you need a history or math class or both.

Ummmm....yea....dude...The United States of America is NOT 500 years old

See here for some...history lessons...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
did anyone else notice the american flag on the right arm of the general was white and black and not red white and blue?

i thought that was weird

a black flag with white strips and where the stars are it was all black, anyone else notice it?

The red coats taught us a very valuable lesson in our history. Never ware red into battle it sticks out like a swore thumb.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

LOL

What's history plus or minus a few hundred years?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta

i thought that was weird

'

The flag you are refering to is an IR flag, its purpose is cut down on friendly fire, you can not where unless you are in a combat zone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join