It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy right-wing myths about Obama 2.0

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Crazy right-wing myths about Obama 2.0

www.salon.com

During the presidential campaign nutty right-wing rumors about Barack Obama swamped the Internet. Via mass e-mails, fearful conservatives were told that the Democratic nominee was a dangerous radical and a secret Muslim who would take the oath of office with his hand on the Koran. A whole conspiracy cult embraced the belief that Obama was not a natural-born U.S. citizen and was thus ineligible for the presidency. The Obama campaign had to build a Web site just to debunk the viral mythmaking.

After winning the election, President Obama, who was born in Hawaii was sworn in on Abraham Lincoln's Bible. He went to church on Easter Sunday. The supposed Manchurian candidate can't even get Gitmo closed properly, much less lead the Senate in a chorus of "The Internationale."

But the mythmaking has not stopped. The wheels of rumor grind fast, but they grind exceedingly dumb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2009 by grover]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I was glad to see this article and I am posting it because the idiotic histrionics of the right about President Obama here on ATS is reaching the point where it simply has to be addressed.

I know this is a conspiracy site and I also know that there were a lot of threads about bush minor as well... there is a big difference however... bush minor and his team really were bending the constitution and in some cases really were both breaking the law and targeting individuals who disagreed with them.

Despite what the right claims Obama has done none of those things... yet.

And if he does the media will be all over him like flies on poo regardless of the so-called left leaning media.

Why because they love a good scandal and because of his meteoric rise... when he stumbles... when he fails or falls they will be all over it.

Of course I know the one's who should really read this article won't make it past the first paragraph if that far before spewing their absurdities again.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have said this so often it bores me but the simple truth of the matter is this...

The powers that be in this country will never let anyone who is a serious threat to their best interests anywhere near the White House... if Obama was as much of a threat as the right likes to make out he would have been shot down in the primaries long before he became a serious contender.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Just remember that some of us 'right-wingers' don't buy into any of that conspiracy crap about Obama, and that many of us were opposed to the Bush administration as well.

All in all, good article.. worthy of ATS chatter. I felt the need to clear my good ole right wing name in the process though.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Heya Grover. How ya' do'in? (*said in my best Philly accent)
Interesting LEFT WING site you have there.

As for them claiming that the problem with Obama's birthcertificate is made up, or 'mythical', ....
.... Have your left wing source get a hold of the REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE that shows Obama is eligible to be POTUS and that will shut people up.

All they do is ridicule those who ask questions instead of doing the investigation that will answer those questions.

As far as them ridiculing those who think Obama's a secret Muslim - and them saying that he's a good christian because he goes to Church on Sundays - boy did they get that wrong.

That 'church' Obama went to for 20 years is an anti-white, anti-Jew Black Liberation Theology Cult. Thread discussion here . It isn't a nice little Christian Church talking about love of God. It talks hate.

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill gods who do not belong to the black community

... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

From James Cones book on Black Liberation Theology.
(which is what Obama's Chicago cult is based on)

As for them saying it's a 'right wing myth' that he's a closet muslim ... I dunno Grover ... there are threads here that have exposed some interesting things about Obama in this area. I don't think he's a muslim, but there is definately enough evidence to support the notion that he may have (yet again) lied to the American people when he said that he isn't Muslim.

(I think his religion is PANDER. He's whatever the audience in front of him wants him to be)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The powers that be in this country will never let anyone who is a serious threat to their best interests anywhere near the White House...

Exactly. Obama fulfills their interests perfectly. TPTB want America to fail at this time in history. It's very obvious. And they've got enough goods on Obama to keep him in line to be their perfect little tool.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Its just plain idiotic... Huffington post is reporting this morning that Sean Hannity and conservative columnist S.E. Cupp are now blaming Obama on Letterman's "joke" about Palin's daughter.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Give me a break.

If mush loosebowels gets a bad case of gas the right will blame it on Obama....

wait a minute mush loosebowels IS a bad case of gas.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
TPTB want America to fail at this time in history.

That's nonsense... the powers that be want to keep profits flowing... in their direction. America failing would cut into that so no it is NOT in their best interest.

The thing is the only one's who think Obama's birth certificate is a fraud are the lunatic fringe... same thing with him being a secret Muslim and all that crap.

If you oppose Obama fine... do so... but there are plenty of actual reasons to oppose him for without all the idiocy... it really doesn't help your case.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Huffington post is reporting

Let me rephrase .... The Left Wing rag, Huffington Post, is spewing ....

are now blaming Obama on Letterman's "joke"

Here's the quote -

"This is the enduring legacy of the Obama campaign. I'm not saying this to be inflammatory, I blame Barack Obama because he allowed his surrogates in the media and Hollywood and everyone else on the left to do this dirty talking for him."

That's the same kind of blowback that the Democrats pulled on the Republicans during the campaigns. They didn't like some things coming out of the private sector that were anti-Obama so they blamed Mccain saying that he had control over everything, that everyone under the sun was a surrogate, and 'one word' from him would shut all that down.

Both sides pull that. Blame the POTUS or candidate from the other party for everything under the sun, no matter how ridiculous, and hope that something sticks. It's pathetic. Politics (democrat and republican politics) as usual.

That's nonsense... the powers that be want to keep profits flowing... in their direction. America failing would cut into that so no it is NOT in their best interest.

The NWO wants America weaker so they can control it. This whole 'economic crisis' was engineered by them. America is failing. 'They' need it to be weaker and on it's knees in order to usher in their One World Order.

No question about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hey grover,

You got your info from "salon"?

Buddy, dont take another step to your left, you'll fall off.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am sure everyone in the White House has far better things to do besides cook up a bad joke about Palin's daughter.

I mean who would it hurt? No one besides the girl in question... it doesn't even hurt her mother.

Its not like... say outing someone's CIA wife because he said something you didn't like.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I am sure everyone in the White House has far better things to do besides cook up a bad joke about Palin's daughter.

That's NOT what he said. He said that the joke was a 'legacy of obama's campaign'. That's different and I've already discussed that democrats and republicans use this tactic.

Its not like... say outing someone's CIA wife because he said something you didn't like.

Valarie Plame and her hubby outted THEMSELVES. They blabbed to everyone that she was CIA. Oh .. btw ... she wasn't active CIA when the information came out AND her (left wing) hubby is the one that made accusations against the right-wing White House ... even though he's the one that blabbed all over town about her being CIA.

If ya' want to talk about partisan politics ... Plames hubby is the worst offender.

The thing is the only one's who think Obama's birth certificate is a fraud are the lunatic fringe... same thing with him being a secret Muslim and all that crap.

You edited this in after I had responded to your post.
So I'll now respond to this.

Grover .. buddy ... it's not true that those who question Obama's 'birth certificate' are only on 'the lunatic fringe'. A good chunk of America questions it because HE HAS NOT SHOWN IT . It would be very easy to make all this go away. But instead, Obama hires teams of lawyers to surpress his 'real birth certificate' that allegedly is locked up in Hawaii.

So now that I know you think I'm a lunatic I guess I'll go cry in my pillow or something.

[edit on 6/12/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Have your left wing source get a hold of the REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Its really only the rightwing fringe who believe the birth certificate to be faked, the same fringe who accuse him of being a muslim, the same fringe who accused the man of being the anti-christ who somehow or another is related to terrorists in the middle east. It really has become irrelevant on what the fringe believe.

that shows Obama is eligible to be POTUS and that will shut people up.

Shut who up? Whatever Obama releases he will never satisfy the rightwing fringe, there will always be some excuse, some issue that is apart from the relevant issues we need to discuss in this nation. Obama and the rest of the world hasnt stopped, you notice that? Nobody stopped because the fringe cried foul, because its nothing but partisan bickering. Until you folks actually come up with relevant arguments, actual issues you would like to bring up, nobody is going to take this seriously.

By the least back up your accusations with solid proof if you so believe them... Im all ears I assure you.

All they do is ridicule those who ask questions instead of doing the investigation

This isnt a matter of asking questions, the side of the fringe is that of the accuser, with nothing really to show for it besides the fact "he didnt release this, he didnt release that". Sufficient proof has been provided, and as usual the rightwing fringe continue to pull out another conspiracy on some government coverup to add against the evidence presented.

The burden lies on the accuser and will continue to do so until sufficient evidence is provided.

That 'church' Obama went to for 20 years is an anti-white, anti-Jew Black Liberation Theology Cult.

Just curious... can you find another speech made by Mr Wright like the one in March prior to that month?

Your much better than this Flyers.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face
Just remember that some of us 'right-wingers' don't buy into any of that conspiracy crap about Obama, and that many of us were opposed to the Bush administration as well.

All in all, good article.. worthy of ATS chatter. I felt the need to clear my good ole right wing name in the process though.

Exactly, many "real" conservatives were frustrated by Bush's massive spending policies. People fail to realize how many conservatives felt betrayed by Bush and his decisions while in office.

Let's not begin to list the crazy conspiracies the radical left came up wit to deal with Bush. How many thought he would declare "Martial Law" and be in charge of the world still today.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Valarie Plame and her hubby outted THEMSELVES. They blabbed to everyone that she was CIA. Oh .. btw ... she wasn't active CIA when the information came out AND her (left wing) hubby is the one that made accusations against the right-wing White House ... even though he's the one that blabbed all over town about her being CIA.

That is patently absurd and you know it and runs contrary to all the known facts of the case.

She WAS an active agent working in the WMD dept. AND it has been proven that her name was given to the press by the White House... so no she did not out herself.

AND his accusations were correct. There was no uranium sales to Iraq from Niger... that the documents were a fraud...

AND the CIA repeatedly told the White House that.

But this is not the thread for this discussion.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

I am glad to hear that because some of the stuff I have seen the right post about Obama makes me concerned for their sanity.

But in regards to bush minor, they really were stretching the law and sometimes actually breaking it.

BTW I simply love the way some right off an article they do not like by calling the source a left leaning one... as is only right leaning ones were legit.

The only conservative source I mock is false news because that are almost to the level of the Globe and the Star... hell the National Enquirer has more crediblity.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Ace High

I am glad to hear that because some of the stuff I have seen the right post about Obama makes me concerned for their sanity.

But in regards to bush minor, they really were stretching the law and sometimes actually breaking it.

I am conservative but was bothered my a lot of things Bush did. So far, Obama has not done many things to bother me.

I don't think he had much of a choice on the bailout packages, but maybe (fingers crossed) they will work.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Grover .. buddy ... it's not true that those who question Obama's 'birth certificate' are only on 'the lunatic fringe'. A good chunk of America questions it because HE HAS NOT SHOWN IT .
[edit on 6/12/2009 by FlyersFan]

Funny. The only one's I know who question it are on the right.

Anyway: www.fightthesmears.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Wow! MysteryE shows up with threads to back up his argument. Grover, he's got you!

But, I agree that is a cute dog in your avatar window.

What can I say, I am a softie for the pooches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join