It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there are no ATHEISTS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

The premise in your logic was that because god did not do a certain thing, he does not exist.

No. Again, i have not attemted to disprove Yahweh. I said there is no evidence for him. I have expressed this time and time again.

you are rational for not believing in god, and everyone else is irrational.

I am rational because i dont believe in ANY storybook creature in which there is no evidence to believe exists. Am i irrational for not believing in invicible pink unicorns, odin, zeus and leprechauns?
But its rational to believe Yahweh exists?

Is it now "rational" to in one moment say "I don't know", and then in the next moment list reasons on why others must be wrong?

Yes? Im not following you.. what are you talking about here?

I dont know for surtain if there is an invisible pink unicorn, but if it says in a book that he exists, and people believes things like those points i listed, i can still know that those points are wrong.

You took it to a whole other level that all those people are not sane and that you are somehow better than them. And yet, now you say you do not know?

I never ever said im "better" than any other human. Im sure you'll agree that to believe in something supernatural and exeptional without evidence is quite irrational. (Invicible pink unicorn etc.)

This doesnt mean that there acctually isnt a unicorn somewhere in the universe, there could be. But its still irrational to believe in it when there isnt any evidence.

To say the universe itself is physical evidence of God doesnt work!
I could say its evidence of The Gnome God Mekanus. You cant make that connection.. just because there is a universe doesnt mean that exactly YOUR god went and made it.

You have to prove HE did it, and not another god or creature.

I guess i'm just "insane and irrational though".

It is insane to believe in the imaginary creatures etc. Why? Because there is no evidence for their existence. normal people dismiss storybook creatures like Leprechauns as myths.

Why dont you believe in them or other myths? Now apply that to Yahweh, or whatever god you choose.

1) Why are you surtain there is only 1 god, and not many? One that can create and what else?

2) Do you believe in Yahweh or do you have another god? What kind of god do you believe in?

3) Where do you get your info about the god? (bible?, koran? feelings?) You just get god's voice directly in your mind?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Daniem]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
reply to post by OldThinker

I never said i would debunk your evidence for biblical writings concerning the Patriarchs beeing viable.

I said i would debunk your evidence for yahwehs existance.

BLABLABLA is just to sum up that your list is irrelevant,

How very nice, but totaly irrelevant. Did you ever read Gone with the wind? Plenty of places named, and they too have been found to exist. This does not prove that any gods at all are, or were, real.

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood young man, do you know of any other SOURCE for Yahweh, other than the old and New testament?:shk:

The more i read the more it saddens me, with your diversions and ignoring te evidence...

When life does what it does, pls re-read my multiple posts of evidence and then we'll talk....until then pls know OT is praying for you....

Really disappointed in your lack of response...because of all the va-pro-do in the OP...oh well...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

When you post things like:

5) Joseph's price as a slave was 20 shekels (Genesis 37:28), which, according to trade tablets from that period is the correct price for 1,700 B.C. An earlier account would have been cheaper, while a later account would have been more expensive.

What does this have to do with evidence for Yahweh? This doesnt prove he EXISTED or EXISTS.

I read a few other of your post, and they are just irrelevant for proving any deities existance. The rest i only assume are just as irrelevant, as im too tired to read them all now.

Find evidence of yahweh the god, post it, or explain why what you posted is evidence, and ill get back to you tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

You said atheists should be called rationalists.

You said they should be called this because of the definition of rational.

When you do that, what you are also saying is - anyone who does not share your beliefs is irrational. Do you understand how and why this is?

Among the other definitions were "sane" and "logical". Again, do you understand that when you said that, you called everyone else "insane" and "illogical"?

You are scolding people for their "beliefs". At the same time, you say you do not know. Thus, you also are going only off "beliefs". If you were instead going off knowledge and understanding then it would not be a belief.

What would be your response if I created a thread that said religions should just change their name to "rationalism" and then said the exact same things you did?

By the topic, I thought this thread was going to be about how belief no god exists is still a belief in god or something. Instead, it ended up being you wanting to put a label on your beliefs, and then implied everyone else was not those things - which was an insult to those who aren't atheist. Even gave a list of reasons why they were not such things.

I'm your huckleberry. Lets go, you think and imply you are more "logical, sane and rational" because of your "beliefs", then prove it.

Who/what are "you"?

If the universe is based off action and reaction, then how does it create free will and things which do not follow the laws of action and reaction?

To whom/what are the images the brain converts the electrical signals too presented too? Am I to believe that electrical signals combine with chemicals and from that my steady consciousness "exists"? What chemicals or forms of action and reaction(logic) create consciousness?

The war on god is a war on consciousness.

I am god, and I am arguing with myself(you). You are god. You are in the son perspective. The 2 links I gave above explain the father and son relationship. As such, you have to look within to find the father. It is a personal journey and nobody can do it for you.

All you do is wait for other men to prove it to you. Never going to happen.

Good luck.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The new name is "Rational"
People who do not believe in God are the same as people who do not believe in Leprechauns. They are rational, objective observers of the world around them.

In just the same way that we don't use the word aleprechaunist to describe the people who do not believe in Leprechauns, we should not need the word atheist.

It's rational to assume we're just some cosmic accident, and that this whole thing is just a fluke?

I used to be what one would consider to be an atheist, but I've realized there has to be something behind this miracle we call life. Now, that said, I would agree with you that our invented gods are merely an attempt to explain that which cannot be explained.... But just because they are wrong on the details does not mean the idea is void. I'm a fairly spiritual guy, and I feel there is some kind of force behind it all, whether its a deity or just the collective consciousness of the Universe.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh Lord, this OP is probably one of those brits or swedens from the UK or something that usually flames on other websites. and can't get away with it here.

trust me some of the insane lunitics iv'e seen on youtube would make you sick. and because he uses words like

"fail"

they use the same language.

1. I have seen prayer do amazing things in my life, nt just on the inside, but phsyically. The rosary, saying it everyday produces so much grace, I can't even explain what i mean.

so that assumption, arrogant ass assumption that prayer produces nothing tells me you are a biggot with an agenda obviously.

2. Aids I believe was created by the gov, if not, then it's a plague that god allowed.

But all souls must die, so so what if they die from aids or from old age? what's the difference? How is God bad for that?

as a matter of fact some will be going home sooner, which is a good thing, and in the process they can follow after God in suffering.

If I get aids do I complain like you? a rebellious little blank? To further my rebellion because I am using a defense mechansim to furhter push God from my heart?

that's what your doing, you're playing an advocate, like a defense mechanism, to push God from your heart,

No.

If I get aids. I accept it like a man. If a child gets aids, then the child should prepare for death and prepare to see his God sooner.

Free will God gives us.

You say God should just cure everyone. No. He don't work like that. He is concerned for the spiritual wealth of people.

death is a good thing, if you have a saintly mindset. many saints couldn't Q=WAIT to die and go home.

Earth is hell compared to heaven and they realized this.

and how do you know some of those adis patients aren't advanced in spiritual matters and accept what they have?

God bless you.

peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If the universe is based off action and reaction, then how does it create free will and things which do not follow the laws of action and reaction?

This is an argument from ignorance badmedia.
"I dont know this", or
"I cant concive this", or
"that looks too complex to be natural",
-- so god must have done it.

Gods were responsible for lightning until we determined natural causes for lightning, for infectious diseases until we found bacteria and viruses, for mental illness until we found biochemical causes for them. God is confined only to those parts of the universe we do not know about, and that keeps shrinking.

Who/what are "you"?

Depends on what view you look at it from. I am my thoughts and mind and i own my body. Inside my brain is all its thought patterns, memories and other attributes that make up what "I" am.

you have to look within to find the father

A blatant lie. Both I and milions of people have not found a father inside ourself. And not necessarily because we dont WANT to find anything. It would be interesting to acctually find SOME viable evidence for one of the supernatural characters.

As far as im concerned you're so obsessed with god that you think your own thoughts are his. You've convinced yourself that whatever your feeling is him. And for some reason you're surtain that its only 1 god, not many. Maybe if the father appears in your imagination he might just be that, imagined.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
" invisible story book creature "

" pink unicorn '

see that crap?

Look at his close mindedness. He's already made up his mind.

Read the girl in my sig, who seen god nearly everyday, read about padre pio and all the other saints.

My grandmother seen God in her room during prayer, and shes a saintly woman.

we just aren't innocent enough to nehold his presence. The saints seen God because they were innocent and had amazing faith.

God lived on Earth in human form.

what else proof do you need? You don't want proof. You want to rebel because of either lust, or yourlifestyle.

you don't want to bend your knees. You don't want to give God a chance.

Miracles have been happening to saints for 2000 years since Christ came. I in my own life have wtinessed them, my family has.

Think about human nature. an orgasm. How does evolution do this? How does evolution create a penis and vagina that perfectly fit each other?

Does evolution know how to create fealings like an orgams? or love inside?

It's a source. That source created the orgasm, which some souls put all their happiness in, and actualy rebel because of, because he wanted us to enjoy sex.

Yes enjoy sex.

Sex is good, provided the right circumstances.

evolution cannot do this good.

so again, you need to actually think. Since your sig says. Think for yourself. Think about the deepness of creation and the enjoyable things God made like food.

Tastebuds give us amazing joy. evolution, you talk about invisible.

your whole belief is baised on blankness after death. Nothingingness.

so invisible to you is right up your alley, we believe in the same thing as you.

1. invisible God

2. Invsisible darkness.

boom. same thing.

again. Just use your brains and think about what you say before you say it. And please forgive me if I sound arrogant, just the way i speak.

peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Gods were responsible for lightning until we determined natural causes for lightning, for infectious diseases until we found bacteria and viruses, for mental illness until we found biochemical causes for them. God is confined only to those parts of the universe we do not know about, and that keeps shrinking.

This is completely irrelevant. Knowing how stuff works has nothing to do with God creating it. The fact is that he is the creator.

God created farts. Now because we live in 2000 and know how farts work, how is that relevant to disproving God?

This what god said would happen in the end times.

man will try and become God. Puffed up with pride and arroangce. Sadly they will destroy themselves by nuclear war.

and he will intervene to stop us from destroying our planet.

abviously if man can do better which they will try, they wouldn't destroy our planet.

One thing humans cannot create and know how works, is love. Love is all you need. And sadly the lack of it will destroy our planet.

peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It's rational to assume we're just some cosmic accident, and that this whole thing is just a fluke?

Are you insinuating that that is what I and atheists believe? I assure you, all we have in common for surtain, is the lack of belief in gods.

But to adress your assumtion of accident:
Sometimes things do get built by accident. Many discoveries started out as accidents that people recognized uses for. Many other designs (accidental or not) have been selected against, that is, discarded. Design itself is an evolutionary process.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

so that assumption, arrogant ass assumption that prayer produces nothing tells me you are a biggot with an agenda obviously.

I have never said this, you are a liar.

how do you know some of those adis patients aren't advanced in spiritual matters and accept what they have?

You make quite a few assumtion of me in your rant, and again i must say, i have never implied that people with aids definitly dont accept what they have, im surtain many accept it.

My grandmother seen God in her room during prayer, and shes a saintly woman. we just aren't innocent enough to nehold his presence. The saints seen God because they were innocent and had amazing faith.

Let me tell you something.. if you believe in ghosts hard enough, you WILL start to see them, (think that you saw them)

If you believe in Thor and Odin, you will start to "see" them if you look for them all the time.

As i have already posted earlier, both me an milions of people have looked inside ourself and asked for a number of gods to show themselves, but it just doesnt happen.

You don't want proof.
You want to rebel because of either lust, or yourlifestyle.
you don't want to bend your knees.
You don't want to give God a chance.

Dont tell people what they think, you dont know what my thoughts are. You are judging.

Think about human nature. an orgasm. How does evolution do this? How does evolution create a penis and vagina that perfectly fit each other?

That is an argument from ignorance

your whole belief is baised on blankness after death

Realy? And where did i say thats what i believe? Do not presume.

this OP is probably one of those brits or swedens from the UK or something that usually flames on other websites. and can't get away with it here.

trust me some of the insane lunitics iv'e seen on youtube would make you sick. and because he uses words like "fail" they use the same language.

Are you purposly out to spread DISINFO? I have given no reason for you to believe that i go to sites and purposly engage in hostile, insulting discussions.

If you cant post relevant ON-TOPIC messages i will report you. Withdraw your insults or i will not continiue this discussion with you.

Love is all you need.

(You forgot god?) Yeah if only everyone had love for eachother.
Love doesnt mean to cast someone to hell and torture for not worshipping you. So maybe our defininitions of love differ. But i think love is:

a) a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection
b) affectionate concern for the well-being of others
c) (to not torture people)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastigThere is archaeological evidence.

Originally posted by DaniemLike what? Archaeology does not support anything about creation or the Flood. So tell me, and i'll debunk it.

[Biblical Archeology News]There are a variety of evidences that can be used to support the fact that the flood described in the Bible did occur. In Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April, 1997, page 10, is a report of some new work in the Black Sea.
William Ryan and Walter Pittman at Columbia University report that some 7500 years ago sea levels rose rapidly and salt water cascaded through the Bosporos strait into the Black Sea, raising levels some 500 feet and flooding at least 60,000 square miles of land. There are a variety of other indications of changes in sea level all around the world that further support the concept of a massive flood. These types of studies cannot answer questions about the extent of the flood or whether it is even the one described in the Bible, but they do show events like the one described occurring and lend credibility to the biblical account.

Originally posted by TexastigPaul the Apostle is physical evidence of one of Jesus miracles.

Originally posted by DaniemCan you be more specific?

Paul, seen Jesus. Skeptical scholars believe in Paul. Paul seen Peter who was with Jesus. The encounter with Paul and Jesus was a miracle. It resulted in a changed life.

Originally posted by TexastigHe choose the Bible to speak to us.

Originally posted by DaniemHahaha i'd like to see you prove THAT.

It's really hard to know if your serious or not. Do you really want to know what's going on or are you just playing games with everyone? Laughing at someone is very disrespectful.
2Tim 3:16 Paul said all scripture is given by inspiration of God.
Rom 10:17
Paul also says, So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Originally posted by TexastigHe appeared to lots of people. It's in the Bible and also Paul the Apostle.

Originally posted by DaniemSo? Just because its in that book doesnt make it true.

Skeptical scholars believe that Paul existed and they attribute some of his epistles to him. The Bible is made up of many books, it's not just one book.

Originally posted by TexastigThe Bible is comprised of 66 books written over a period of about 1,500 years by over 40 authors

Originally posted by DaniemClaiming divine inspiration does not mean having it. I could easily claim divine inspiration even for typing this.

Paul said the scriptures are inspired by God. Skeptical scholars believe that Paul existed and they attribute some of his epistles to him. Paul seen Jesus.

Originally posted by Texastighe was running a multi-million dollar operation through answered prayers by God.

Originally posted by Daniemhogwash

Then you need to go buy books about George Mueller and you need to get the documentary on him from Netflix. And like I told you before the Bristol Times said he was a man of miracles. There's still people who are alive that were in his orphanage and they can attest to the miracles. One of the reasons George started his orphanage was to prove to unbelievers that God answers prayer.

Originally posted by TexastigGod gave man free will and man sins. Without God man chooses poorly.

Do raped women and children choose to get aids?

Nope and it isn't God's fault either.

Originally posted by DaniemDo all believers in god that brak the law choose well? You seem to imply that with god you choose well... so u support criminals.

You have a better chance of doing well with God than without Him. And the question also is "are those real believers?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Continued from above.

Originally posted by DaniemDo mean to say that all atheists chooses poorly? Thats like racism, and definitly NOT true.

Yes, all atheists choose poorly because they really don't know if God is hiding behind the moon or some other distant planet.
Then that makes them agnostics since they don't know 100%. They would have to be all knowing to prove that God didn't exist.

Racism is actually promoting your race.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Paul, seen Jesus.

There occurs not a single instance in all of Paul's writings that he ever meets or sees an earthly Jesus, nor does he give any reference to Jesus' life on earth. Therefore, all accounts about a Jesus could only have come from other believers or his imagination. Hearsay.

There are a variety of evidences that can be used to support the fact that the flood described in the Bible did occur.

Where did the Flood water come from, and where did it go? (I have heard different takes on this, but they only pose more questions)

A global flood would have produce evidence contrary to the evidence we see. (why weren't the Sierra Nevadas eroded as much as the Appalachians during the Flood?)

Why is there no evidence of a flood in ice core series? Ice cores from Greenland have been dated back more than 40,000 years by counting annual layers.

Why did the Flood not leave traces on the sea floors? (an uncharacteristic amount of terrestrial detritus)

Why is there no evidence of a flood in tree ring dating? Tree ring records go back more than 10,000 years, with no evidence of a catastrophe during that time.

Why is there no mention of the Flood in the records of Egyptian or Mesopotamian civilizations which existed at the time? Biblical dates (I Kings 6:1, Gal 3:17, various generation lengths given in Genesis) place the Flood 1300 years before Solomon began the first temple. The building of the first temple can be dated to 950 B.C. +/- some small delta, placing the Flood around 2250 B.C.

Unfortunately, the Egyptians (among others) have written records dating well back before 2250 B.C. (the Great Pyramid, for example dates to the 26th century B.C., 300 years before the Biblical date for the Flood). No sign in Egyptian inscriptions of this global flood around 2250 B.C.

There is just nothing that supports a global flood described in the bible. (There would be indications all around the world)

And not to mention the ark story:
The longest wooden ships in modern seas are about 300 feet, and these require reinforcing with iron straps and leak so badly they must be constantly pumped. The ark was 450 feet long :\

Laughing at someone is very disrespectful.

Its ridiculous. You say the bible is gods word because it sais so in the bible?!
Makes me wonder if YOU are serious.

Then that makes them agnostics since they don't know 100%

Atheists doesnt necessarily proclaim to know 100%, they dont believe in odin, but he might still exist. They dont necessarily say he definitly isnt there.

They're still atheists even if they're agnostic. You dont know if there is a invicible pink unicorn god out there somewhere, so you're also agnostic. You dont believe in odin so you're atheistic too. Thought youd know this stuff, its quite basic. (the romans called christians atheists because they didnt believe in the roman gods)

You are irrational people.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by texastig

Paul, seen Jesus.

There occurs not a single instance in all of Paul's writings that he ever meets or sees an earthly Jesus, nor does he give any reference to Jesus' life on earth. Therefore, all accounts about a Jesus could only have come from other believers or his imagination. Hearsay.

See Acts 9:3-8...certainly they met!

3. As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; 4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” 5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, 6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.” 7 The men who traveled with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul got up from the ground, and though his eyes were open, he could see nothing; and leading him by the hand, they brought him into Damascus

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You are irrational people.

D, "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." C. S. Lewis

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

This is an argument from ignorance badmedia.
"I dont know this", or
"I cant concive this", or
"that looks too complex to be natural",
-- so god must have done it.

Just because some people claim that kind of stuff doesn't mean it has anything to do with god. You are just bringing in false claims of people in the past and applying them to the topic. It would be like me bringing in someone who says odd things about science, proving them wrong and saying all science is wrong. It's not a logical or honest way of thinking.

Yes, it is a fact that people have used god as an excuse to explain things they do not understand. But that fact does not mean that god is false. It simply means that the claims people attribute to god is false.

Who/what are "you"?

Depends on what view you look at it from. I am my thoughts and mind and i own my body. Inside my brain is all its thought patterns, memories and other attributes that make up what "I" am.

you have to look within to find the father

A blatant lie. Both I and milions of people have not found a father inside ourself. And not necessarily because we dont WANT to find anything. It would be interesting to acctually find SOME viable evidence for one of the supernatural characters.

As far as im concerned you're so obsessed with god that you think your own thoughts are his. You've convinced yourself that whatever your feeling is him. And for some reason you're surtain that its only 1 god, not many. Maybe if the father appears in your imagination he might just be that, imagined.

I notice you ignored the other questions. You say you have searched within, but if you had searched within then you would be able to answer my questions.

In what you define yourself as, you define attachments to yourself as yourself.

You are your thoughts? Really? What of that which produces those thoughts? You are your mind? Ok, then to what does your mind produce these things for? So it is your thoughts and mind(part of the body) that owns your body?

Obviously you haven't really looked within. You look to "authorities" out there to define things for you, and then you call that rational.

You speak of viable evidence. What would constitute viable evidence to you? I asked you before, no answer. In fact, you seem to ignore many questions, and then you go on to claim I'm just crazy and seeing things in my imagination.

So you claim you do not know, but then you claim to know enough that you can even define my experiences? Please, get a clue.

About the only thing I can agree with is concerning Paul. Paul is a fraud and made his story up.

Prove to a blind man what the color blue is, or that the color blue exists.

Again, please name what you would consider viable proof of god to you. The fact of the matter is, there is nothing that could ever prove it to you, because no matter what happened you will find a way to "rationalize" your current beliefs and authority. The only thing that would change your mind is if science, and what you consider to be authority said it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It would be like me bringing in someone who says odd things about science, proving them wrong and saying all science is wrong

AGAIN: I am not trying to disprove Yahweh.
Now the claims are:

1) The bible says it is Yahweh's word
2) Yahweh is right
3) Therefore the bible is right, and we can conclude Yahweh exists (!?)

VS

1) It is irrational to believe in wild stories about gods and creatures if there is no evidence to support their existance.

2) There is no evidence for Odin, Zeus, The Invicible Pink Unicorn, Yahweh etc.

3) Therefore those who believe anyway are irrational.

The bible is obviously a work of primitive men, and its wrong on so many accounts, to the point of absurdity, contradicting, opposed to science and history.

Now, if your not gonna present any evidence that there is a god, or that he divinely inspired people to write the bible, then we're pretty much done. You have no case.

You think YOUR god is any less irrational than any of the others? You're not the only one that is dead surtain that you have the real and only true god, there are thousands of cults etc.

You just think its crazy to call YOU irrational, when i suspect you feel the same for people who believe in other gods or deities. If not, feel free to tell me.

please name what you would consider viable proof of god to you

If i found an ancient book proclaiming that there was an invicible pink unicorn god i definitly wouldn't bow down in awe of the magnificent reveleation presented to me.

To prove Yahweh you need to provide scientific evidence that proves the god beyond a reasonable doubt. You'd need ALOT of evidence to prove HE is the one that did all the things it says he did. You need to test him, to see that he can create, (like poofing stuff into reality), fortelling the future correct, show us hell would be nice (just so we know)

Basicly proof that he is the one from the bible. (but first we have to find him and get him to manifest as a human probably)

He seems to have done so much before, in OT he showed his presence alot as he poured his wrath down on people. Now a days, nothing. Noone who goes out to prove god gets any results to document. (and many people try and try)

Why is it rational to believe the bible is correct when it says there is a god? Is it irrational then to believe a book that says another deity or similar exists?

You are your thoughts? Really? What of that which produces those thoughts? You are your mind? Ok, then to what does your mind produce these things for? So it is your thoughts and mind(part of the body) that owns your body?

As said earlier, science dont understand evything about conciousness yet, so i cant go into details. Also i dont know what your talking about. (Has nothing to to with the god of the bible) If it does then explain yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." C. S. Lewis

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

-- Galileo Galilei

God didn’t ensure that any direct evidence for Jesus survived therefore Yahweh obviously doesn’t care if we doubt or even disbelieve the existence of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaniemThere occurs not a single instance in all of Paul's writings that he ever meets or sees an earthly Jesus, nor does he give any reference to Jesus' life on earth. Therefore, all accounts about a Jesus could only have come from other believers or his imagination. hearsay.

Scholars (including non-Christian ones) accept that Paul wrote 1 Cor. In 1Cor 15:8 Paul claims that Jesus appeared to him. Therefore we have good evidence that Paul went around claiming that the resurrected Jesus had appeared to him on Damascus as we have it in his own words, in his own writing.

Originally posted by DaniemWhere did the Flood water come from, and where did it go? (I have heard different takes on this, but they only pose more questions) A global flood would have produce evidence contrary to the evidence we see. (why weren't the Sierra Nevadas eroded as much as the Appalachians during the Flood?) Why is there no evidence of a flood in ice core series? Ice cores from Greenland have been dated back more than 40,000 years by counting annual layers. Why did the Flood not leave traces on the sea floors? (an uncharacteristic amount of terrestrial detritus)Why is there no evidence of a flood in tree ring dating? Tree ring records go back more than 10,000 years, with no evidence of a catastrophe during that time.

Gen7:11
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Gen8:2
The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
Gen 8:3
And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.
Gen 8:5
And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth [month], on the first [day] of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.
Gen 8:13
And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first [month], the first [day] of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.;

Originally posted by DaniemWhy is there no mention of the Flood in the records of Egyptian or Mesopotamian civilizations which existed at the time?

How could there be records at that time when all the flesh on the earth was destroyed?

Originally posted by DaniemThere is just nothing that supports a global flood described in the bible. (There would be indications all around the world)

Mt. Everest itself has clam fossils at its summit. There are thousands of polystrate fossils, or fossils that go through several layers of sediment that evolutionists claim took millions of years to form. If it did the tree would have already rotted away, this proves that the sediment was laid very quickly. www.answersincreation.org...
Coal consists of plant matter that has been put under extreme pressure. If huge mats of plant matter that had been uprooted during the flood became to waterlogged, then sank and were covered quickly with sediment than the coal would form quickly and the plant matter would not rot away.www.answersingenesis.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join