It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Man's Target: The Mobile Phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Tax Man's Target: The Mobile Phone

online.wsj.com

The use of company-issued mobile phones could trigger new federal income taxes on millions of Americans as a "fringe benefit."

The Internal Revenue Service proposed employers assign 25% of an employee's annual phone expenses as a taxable benefit. Under that scenario, a worker in the 28% tax bracket, whose wireless device costs the company $1,500 a year, could see $105 in additional federal income tax.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
No new taxes.. Hmm. Such a lie. They are trying to find everything in the world that they can tax. This is getting real stupid real fast. Now you will have to prove that you use your cell phone for personal use aswell or else face taxation. As if they do not tax telecomunications enough already.

We should have a national don't use your cell phone day in order to combat this. Who wants to bet that the cell phone lobbyist are pushing for this one so as to create more demand for "personal" phones?

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

LIAR!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would love to see people come forward and admit their mistake of voting for this guy. He lied to everyone and they bought it because he promised change.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A couple of months back, in another thread, I had said that I had buyers remorse. I only voted for Obama to make sure McCain didn't get the win. I would have voted for anyone to make sure that McCain didn't win. Usually, I throw my vote away on a third party.

Never fear to all the Obama hater's. I know many people who voted with my mindset who will vote for anyone to get rid of Obama next time.

top topics

join