It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. expected to approve new N. Korea sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

U.N. expected to approve new N. Korea sanctions

www.usatoday.com

The U.N. Security Council is expected to approve tough new sanctions against North Korea on Friday, U.N. diplomats said.
The draft resolution, which would impose new sanctions on the reclusive communist nation's weapons exports and financial dealings, and allow inspections of suspect cargo in ports and on the high seas, was put in a final form late Thursday. The council scheduled a meeting late Friday morning to vote on it. The draft was hammered out during two weeks of closed-door negotiations
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The resolution will be imposed on North Korea. North Korea has defiance of an earlier resolution adopted after its first test in October 2006.

North Korea is cantankerous about the resolution and it says that it is a declaration of war and they are positive that they may use nuclear weapons in a "merciless offensive"

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I say it's time to call NK's bluff. I think they are trying to buy time so I say "hit them now".

IRM

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think they are trying to buy time so I say "hit them now".

The Korean war may start again. South Korea, japan and US on one side and China on the other.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
The Korean war may start again. South Korea, japan and US on one side and China on the other.

I'm not so sure China will be on NK's side if a war should start again. Many things have changed since the Korean War. China cannot afford it for one, they're economy would quickly go down the sh*t chute... and for two, they're just as pissed at Kimmy atm for exploding that nuke IMHO.

IRM

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I'm not so sure China will be on NK's side if a war should start again

Can you tell me what has changed since the Korean war?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I agree with IR, I can not see China standing behind Lil' Kim if a war were to break out. They would most likely stand on the side line and take some territory when the dust settles.

China is all about the money! What advantage do they have supporting NK? NONE.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The amount of kickbacks paid to North Korea has been cut off or severely diminished. You saw it when Bush took office way back.

I'd suspect Bush put it onto China to pay the kickbacks instead of US.

Kimmy created or increased the amount of state sponsored counterfeiting of US Dollars. Which is fairly easy for another state to accomplish given the resources required and potential profit.

Now, even China can't afford to support their bastard kid; Lil' Kimmy at the level they've enjoyed.

In a fit of tantrum ... this is what we see from North Korea.

This is just my opinion, I'm not going to post links to North Korea's counterfeiting scams. They are everywhere to be found. Kickbacks are done behind closed doors. Can't prove it... I just suspect, based on actions.
And lack of any reason for NK to lash out. These are actions of desperation.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well, in regards to China specifically, the growing middle class consumerism and quest by the populace for a westernized lifestyle. China has become the most capitalistic communist country in the world. It's almost a joke. They are more entwined into a world economy than ever before. Therefore it's easier to 'hurt' them.

If China took the side of NK in a new war, their economy would collapse due to sanctions. Especially in todays economy. It's in their best interests to stick with the west IMHO.

IRM

[edit on 12/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Exactly. China is the model for the NWO.

Capitalist spenders who still bow before the almighty communist government. If you want to see what the US will look like in 15 years just look at China today.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

China is neither Communist or Capitalist, it is criminal run by Triads.
I know this for a fact but choose not to elaborate any further.
The word "Expected" in this thread title is laughable.
Because of course the sanctions and subsequent war has already been decided.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan

[edit on 12-6-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

I love this post, it is laced with intrigue!

Maybe CaptainCaveman is a Triad, or maybe you are Benjamin Fulford???

J/K Cap!

And the sad truth is I think you are probably right.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan

I can't argue... Their government is corrupt and dysfunctional! But they are smart enough to know what writing is on the wall.

Are you suggesting that this scenario was pre-planned in the minutes of the 2009 Bilderberg meeting?

IRM

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I'm not so sure China will be on NK's side if a war should start again. Many things have changed since the Korean War. China cannot afford it for one, they're economy would quickly go down the sh*t chute... and for two, they're just as pissed at Kimmy atm for exploding that nuke IMHO.

IRM

Yep, same with Russia.

China and Russia used to be great friends with NK but that nuke has pushed them even further apart. If war goes ahead, NK will be pretty much on their own, surrounded by China, South Korea, Japan, Russia and US.

They wont stand a chance.

Mikey

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here is a thought for you...

We know Russia and China DON"T have US?NATO/West's best interest at heart.

That said, I KNOW China and Russia don't want to give the US/West an opportunity to place troops and equipment right on their border...

Much-less fight a war that "MAY" go nuclear.

ONLY because it is both their best interest, will they rein in little kimmy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Here is a thought for you...

We know Russia and China DON"T have US?NATO/West's best interest at heart.

That said, I KNOW China and Russia don't want to give the US/West an opportunity to place troops and equipment right on their border...

Much-less fight a war that "MAY" go nuclear.

ONLY because it is both their best interest, will they rein in little kimmy.

The problem being, I don't think Kim is no longer pulling the strings. I think the generals have taken over hence the strongest rhetoric out of that country. Talking of offensive nuclear attacks is suicidal. I also think Russia and China have tried recently to get things under control. Not for the US or SK sakes, but thier own agenda but now that the generals are in charge, they can do nothing but support a UN solution.

Now, if the UN pass a resolution to punish NK and NK decides to test another nuke, is it then time to take action? Not the US, I'm refering to SK and Japan.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I say it's time to call NK's bluff.

Both North Korea and the UN know that the UN can't do a darn thing about North Korea's nuclear missiles. If North Korea keeps it up, all the UN will do is issue more useless sanctions and resolutions.

It takes muscle to get things done .. and the UN hasn't got any.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You won't get an argument from me. I completely agree! The UN is as useless as tits on a bull!

IRM

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I say it's time to call NK's bluff.

Both North Korea and the UN know that the UN can't do a darn thing about North Korea's nuclear missiles. If North Korea keeps it up, all the UN will do is issue more useless sanctions and resolutions.

I 2nd that FlyersFan.

new topics

top topics

join