It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Money Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I'm not here to bash Alex Jones, I like him, he's entertaining and provides interesting information. However, I've just been listening and he is talking about a "Money bomb"
Basically asking for listeners to send in money so he can expand his operation. I just looked on the Prison Planet forum and it seems a lot of people are donating. It seems Jones has a really strong following of disciples.

Is this not a bit weird, getting out your begging bowl and asking for money? Especially when he sells books, T shirts, videos.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think anyone who asks for money in times like these are asking a bit much.

I like listening to Alex Jones, but I must admit I am shocked by this. He does a great job of providing information to the public, and thats it for me, nothing more.

I must admit, I dont even really know much about this "money bomb", so maybe someone can comment on this and sway my opinion just a little??

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Oh people ask for money all the time, at least Obama stopped asking the public and asked the private people, he won.... but thats something else.

There's no fault in asking for donations, if someone is willing to give you money, then by all means take it!

It's simple if I said hey have this fifty bucks, would you say no? God No! You'd say ok! I'll take it.

It's simple business as long as he does his said job, all is well.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I’ve only got about 45 seconds to post this so I’ll take a shot at it really quick...

Wow people just lap up the propaganda huh.

Why shouldn't he ask for money?

At least he's asking.

The Feds just take your money - and illegally I might add - to fund whatever they so choose.
And you don't get a t-shirt of a video either - but you do get everything you've ever worked for taken away from you if you don't comply, - even your freedom.

Alex, like him or not, has every right to ask.

The movies - that take thousands upon thousands to make - he releases free to the internet and encourages people to copy and distribute.

So what - you want a t-shirt or a high def video, you pay for it.

Where does the money go?

Right back into making more movies, providing more FREE services on his website, paying his salary and those who work for him.

Or wait, should he fight for freedom and do it for free too?

Oh bother.
Ill edit this later...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Off-topic reply to off-topic post removed.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow this thread is just full of ignorance. Talk about double standards.
You think AJ is just some rich guy trying to get a message out? You think that is all for free?

Would you rather see him take money from sponsors that he is trying to take down? Be a sellout?

Books and T-shirts. It's ok for every news channel in the world to do this for pure profit, but it's not ok for AJ to do it? That is BS right there.
If you speak out against what Alex Jones is trying to do, you are either with "Them", or just ignorant.

If you don't like the delivery of hearing him, just read it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There is actually a vid on his youtube channel where he shows what he plans to do with the money and explains what he did last year.

I think its fine for him to fundraise. Lets face its there is a war for peoples minds and if by this money bomb Alex can produce 2-3 films at once and get them out there its all good. People are waking up and this will help wake more up faster.

Just my view of course but i think its important we support Alex as he is on the fronline in all this.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Alex jones wont get a penny off me.His movies,radio show and website/forum are crappy.Case Closed for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
IMO, there's nothing wrong with what Alex is doing. I appreciate the fact that Alex is being totally transparent with where the money is going.

He sounds quite happy today and will let the moneybomb run through the whole weekend. That last part might be a bit greedy, I thought the plan was to run it on June 11th only? He's already saying that this is going to be a yearly thing. Maybe is going to be like a conspiratorial PBS telethon?

ATS itself should have a moneybomb. Why not? I'm sure there are plenty of projects the money could go towards.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
AJ is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. As has been said already, at least he's being straightforward with people. Nobody's putting a gun to anyone's head to give money, that's why it's called a DONATION.

FCOL!:shk:

Peace

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

His website is full with ads, by the way.....
So, there are certain interests involved. And he should make tons of money through the ads alone.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've actually had my mind changed on this. Fair play alex, go for it. The power of ATS

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
fair points folks. i do see the other side of thinking in this now. if this can help him get more info out then good on him.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The money bomb is ridiculous and he'll lose fans if he keeps this up.

A good portion of his programs are nothing more than sly infomercials, for which he is probably paid. He has alluded to that on air in the past.

Not to mention the advertising. He has so many sponsors from alternative businesses, there is no possible way he or his companies are hurting for money. Do any of you know just now much money online personalities can make from advertising on their sites alone? Staggering amounts of money ... well, staggering for us plebs.

There is an anecdote from a few years ago about someone who filled in for Alex Jones for a few days when Jones went out to do some project. This guest host claimed that Jones' wife complained he didn't "push" products enough while he was on the air. After his guest stint was up, he was never invited back on and he thinks it was because he didn't try to sell stuff like Alex does all the time. I can't remember who it was and will have to dig up a link for this anecdote.

Anyway, it's my opinion that Alex Jones has plenty of money. The money bomb thing shows he and his wife have gotten greedier.

It's time to investigate any taxable corporate entities he is part of and see just how much money he is really making.

new topics

top topics

join