It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook unplugs Muslim-bashing group

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Off course they would not, Hence what I posted!

Double standards to say the least.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Good to see people using their brain. How can you classify a group "hate" because its members express its own views and opinions about another group religion, etc.

As a previous post pointed out, the amount of Christian's hammering Muslims far exceeds the amount of Muslims hammering Christians, oh lets not forget the Anti-Semitic groups..!

And if you want proof, just look at what was blasted all over the news media across the world, what was their message.... MUSLIMS ARE DANGEROUS TERRORIST'S.

Was any licence revoked from any network station ? NO..!

So how the hell can a anyone approach this with a biased opinion about anything, when the media itself for the past 20 years have brainwashing everyone about Muslims. And now, the current president, is trying to remove what was systematically programmed into us for over 20 years.

Enjoy the Sanity of Insanity

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Yes. People should be free to hate whomever they want.

Oh, and I love the GWB quote, btw!

i hate you, if i ever see you... nothing will keep me from expressing my freedom of "expression" savvy?
and for no apparent reason whatsoever. dont forking question me

[edit on 12-6-2009 by deadlysponge]

The only thing I'll question is your grammar.

You'll note I didn't advocate going up to people in the street and doing anything to them. I just feel people should be able to dislike whatever backward, Dark Age ideology they like and say so.

CX

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by CX

Turn the tables for a sec, a Facebook page it set up stirring up hatred towards yourself when you had done nothing wrong, just because of your religion....not so great now is it?

Speaking for myself, it wouldn't cost me a second thought, I couldn't give a fiddlers

Thats great if you can handle it that well. By the way, i should have reworded my post, it wasn't meant as a "How would you like it" specificaly at you, more a general statement to anyone who things this is ok.

Sorry about that.

I would say that i wouldn't be bothered too, i have broad shoulders and an not too fussed is someone hates me or not....however.....

These hate groups stir up more than just opinions and written words. They can often build such hate in people, that they will quite happily take that hate further into violence and intimidation.

I'm not fussed what people think of me, but if me or my family were becoming a physical target as a result of this, then it gets nasty.

I personaly don't think any of us can say we'd be fine with this if it were directed at us unless we have been one of these targeted groups.

I was in the military police (not always the most popular branch of the army lol), but comparing a situation of a few people hating me, to what muslims, Jews etc have to go through is a bit of a mis-match if you ask me.

Anyway, everyone to their own opinion i guess, and like i said, apologies if this sounded like i was singling you out.

CX.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Thats great if you can handle it that well. By the way, i should have reworded my post, it wasn't meant as a "How would you like it" specificaly at you, more a general statement to anyone who things this is ok.

Sorry about that.

I would say that i wouldn't be bothered too, i have broad shoulders and an not too fussed is someone hates me or not....however.....

These hate groups stir up more than just opinions and written words. They can often build such hate in people, that they will quite happily take that hate further into violence and intimidation.

I'm not fussed what people think of me, but if me or my family were becoming a physical target as a result of this, then it gets nasty.

I personaly don't think any of us can say we'd be fine with this if it were directed at us unless we have been one of these targeted groups.

I was in the military police (not always the most popular branch of the army lol), but comparing a situation of a few people hating me, to what muslims, Jews etc have to go through is a bit of a mis-match if you ask me.

Anyway, everyone to their own opinion i guess, and like i said, apologies if this sounded like i was singling you out.

CX.

No, no bother, I know you weren't singling me out, I just sort of "jumped in"

My take on it is that freedom of thought is essential, and that includes hate- you overstep the mark if it also is a call to physically attack a specifi group violently

ie

Someone can start a group "I HATE WHITES"

and I can ridicule them for the assholes they are

but if it was a group

"I HATE WHITES AND CALL ON PEOPLE TO MURDER WHITE BABIES"

hell yeah, ban them

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
So much for freedom of speech, its interesting to note that there are many hate groups across the facebook scene so why is that this one was closed down.

So you think it is fine for someone on a website to make a group called "we hate muslims' or 'we hate jews' etc? This is an owned domain by a company, not someones personal website. They have also banned many other radical hate groups on there, not just this one, so please don't try to stir up things..

Seriously, you are fine with someone making a group on a public social network hating on a certain people?? Freedom of speech doesn't come into play here. You can hate all you want, but you wouldn't go out in the street with signs saying "we hate muslims!" or something to that effect.

Not sure how you think this is wrong, they are wiping their public social network site of crazy hate groups, it's nothing crazy about it. You are on their website, not your own domain, thus they have the right, and quite frankly should wipe that crap out. :\

-Sen

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think it`s important to let even hate groups speak. Only when they are free to speak you are able to take a position and react on what they are saying.
If they are not able to speak in public they won`t stop hating but go underground. I consider that more dangerous.
I have experienced many times when I`m full of hate on something or somebody and I discuss this with someone it can take a lot of pressure of me. And sometimes someone with a different view and good arguments can even change my attitude.
But since facebook is privat they should be free to remove everything they want

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So much for freedom of speech, its interesting to note that there are many hate groups across the facebook scene so why is that this one was closed down.

I myself have not registered on facebook as i find it totally useless. Well that is my opinion as i see it has no significance to my every day living what so ever.

www.france24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The thing is Facebook is not America.

I have no problem with this.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hm.
Let's compare Facebook to ATS real quick.

In the same way that some members are claiming the "government" influenced this decision, we have problem when Mods or the Amigos make certain changes tot the grading structure of ATS.
Which is to say, ATS is rather strict in rgards tot he T&C.

Both ATS and Facebook operate by their T&C.

The website says that it eliminates illegal content and material that violates its terms of service. Maintaining that the Holocaust never took place has not been deemed hateful, in and of itself, by Facebook.

For those people crying a violation of the freedom of speech, first this is the Internet. Each website exists under it's own providence, though the site hosts will restrict it to some degree.

That's why we have a multitude of of hate sites online.

The difference here is that they started one on someone else's website and violated the terms of service at the site.

People get banned here for much the same reasons.

ATS, Facebook, whatever site you're on, is not a democracy, it's more of a feudal system.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftyBrown

reply to post by Dark Ghost

Are you guys friggin serious?

This is black and white. Either you have freedom of speech, or you do not. There is no "freedom of speech, except hate speech" . . . that means you do not have freedom of speech as you are restricted in what you can say.

What if one's view is hateful of others? That is their right to feel how they want, and to express that opinion.

Epic fail guys

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Private sites can do what they want.
I just hope they are equal opportunity freedom of speech deniers.

Originally posted by LeftyBrown
There are a lot of dangerous reactionaries *cough* Museum shooting *cough* in this world and on the internet.

Huh?? I can't follow you. Are you saying that there are a lot of some kind of anti-Muslim vengence shootings going on? Care to link us to some?

Is it as long as the list of terrorist attacks that are pulled by radical muslims in the world?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't hate muslims just there[cult]religion.Freedom of speech is lost in this country.Polical correctness is at a all time high.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am not prejudiced because I hate everybody. Everybody is terrible and nasty and makes fun of everybody else. Nobody knows anything cuz we're all dumb as rocks so its not prejudicial to hate everybody.
Logically hate speech is a foolish and PC idea that only helps those that actually hate others the most. They can hide behind that principle and accuse anyone at any time of being hateful just because they loudly and sometimes nastily pronounce their hatred! If for one minute anyone thinks they will change the world be making hateful speech illegal they a only fooling themselves! It's a fact of human nature and it ain't never goin' away!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by tristar

they also ban the `i hate jews` groups as well.

you have a problem with that?

[edit on 12/6/09 by Harlequin]

You're god damned right i do

as long as groups like these are allowed, so should all forms of hatred.

It's called a double standard. It's okay for a black man to hate a white guy, but not okay for the reverse?

Black panthers rally and you hear "oh they're so brave to stand for their convictions" but a KKK rally gets the treatment it deserves?

I don't condone hate groups of any kind, it just pisses me off when anti-white is okay, but anti-colored isn't.

Why don't YOU have a problem with THAT?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You guys don't understand freedom of speech do you? With regard to the Constitution it says that "Congress shall make no law" that silences individuals right to speak, meaning our government isn't allowed to make a blanket law to cover everyone in this nation to try and take that right away. It doesn't mean that sites like Facebook cannot enforce a ToS (Terms of Service) agreement that, by the way, each member agreed to when creating an account.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
You guys don't understand freedom of speech do you? With regard to the Constitution it says that "Congress shall make no law" that silences individuals right to speak, meaning our government isn't allowed to make a blanket law to cover everyone in this nation to try and take that right away. It doesn't mean that sites like Facebook cannot enforce a ToS (Terms of Service) agreement that, by the way, each member agreed to when creating an account.

Good point.

Maybe facebook doesn't want to be the means by which twisted people spew their hatred. More power to 'em.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I, for one, never claimed it was a matter of freedom of speech.

It just gets under my skin that anti-white groups are allowed by their TOS and nothing else is.

Personally i say you ban them all, but it's not PC to ban anti-white.

That's sickening.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This isn't a freedom of speech issue. Facebook isn't telling people what they can and cannot hate. Having an "I hate Lima beans" group isn't really derogetory. When you sign up for these networking sites, they have terms of agreement/service. Usually people just check the box without reading, but generally the terms state that speech insulting a mass group of people or anything threatening is not allowed. It keeps the website safe.

If you want to make an extremist view hate group, create a networking site that allows complete freedom to say whatever you want. Even on this website there is a restriction on what one can and cannot say. Is ATS preventing anyone from voicing their opinion? These websites create guidelines for the use of their website in order to keep it user friendly. It isn't infringing on anything, especially if a person clicks a box willingly without reading it first.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentry-

So you think it is fine for someone on a website to make a group called "we hate muslims' or 'we hate jews' etc? This is an owned domain by a company, not someones personal website. They have also banned many other radical hate groups on there, not just this one, so please don't try to stir up things..

Seriously, you are fine with someone making a group on a public social network hating on a certain people?? Freedom of speech doesn't come into play here. You can hate all you want, but you wouldn't go out in the street with signs saying "we hate muslims!" or something to that effect.

Not sure how you think this is wrong, they are wiping their public social network site of crazy hate groups, it's nothing crazy about it. You are on their website, not your own domain, thus they have the right, and quite frankly should wipe that crap out. :\

-Sen

I find absolutely nothing wrong with hate groups as long as they do not promote acts of violence. But as i have mentioned, people who actually consider FB as an important part of their lives have serious mental issues which should be attended asap. Its a private website earning million by users who make no revenue and in fact even pay to use that network.

I guess that about covers my answer in response to FB and it being a private company and about hate groups.

P.S. I may hate the Republicans or Communist or Democrats and may join a group about them , is that illegal...! oh common..lets use our cerebral cortex for a change and not act like were back in kindergarten fighting about who own's the Tonka toy in the sandbox. IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO MONEY BEING MADE AND MONEY BEING LOST FROM ADVERTISERS, who say you either pull out that hate group or you wont see our MONEY.

Hey its that simple, no need to flip out.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
I, for one, never claimed it was a matter of freedom of speech.

It just gets under my skin that anti-white groups are allowed by their TOS and nothing else is.

Personally i say you ban them all, but it's not PC to ban anti-white.

That's sickening.

This is typical race baiting nonsense.

I challenge Fremd to point us toward 'anti-white' hate groups on facebook.

It's thinly veiled racism to say that by banning anti-muslim hate groups, it's a racist attack against white people. Give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join