It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The risks of believing that the Mayan calendar ends December 21, 2012!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Latest news for you 2012 junkies (yeah, you guessed it, I'm one of 'em too!)

Written by highly acclaimed Mayan expert Carl Johan Calleman, know for his very accurate predictions based on the now world famous Mayan Calendar.

This article is a must read for all of you who wants to stay "in the know"...

About eight years ago John Major Jenkins and I had a debate about the meaning of the Mayan calendar end date focusing especially on whether the energies of the Long Count ends on October 28, 2011 or December 21, 2012[...]
Since that debate Jenkins has appeared on a History Channel documentary where December 21 2012 is presented as a predetermined “doomsday” when the world is going to come to an end. I get quite a few letters, sometimes from young people that worry that the world will come to an end at this date since they have seen this documentary posted on YouTube. While most knowledgeable people would probably reject this way of presenting the Mayan calendar it is still important to ask the question who benefits from it.

Just gotta show you this (it's from the article):

Around the time that the Sixth night begins on November 8, 2009 we may however expect that the meltdown intensifies and the US dollar collapses and with it the established monetary system in the world.

Hee...oops!

Also points out the (according to me) much more serious date; 28th of October 2011, something I have tried to mention, time and again...

LINK TO ARTICLE
Calleman/Mayaonics

If you are just too lazy to click the links, at least check this out and, for God's sake; keep it in mind!

Hopefully we can now enjoy a little more enlightened and sober 2012-circus here at lovely ATS.

I take my hat off and say good morning!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I only see one risk for all the Chicken Littles that believe that the Mayan calendar harks the end of the world....

EGG ON FACE!

IRM

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Those that talk about December 21, 2012 are however, consistently with their logic, likely to continue to make projections on this fantasy screen in the future. What these people in effect are saying to people is “Do not prepare yourself for the New World now! Wait until the shift comes December 21, 2012!” since they do not recognize any quantum shifts before this point in time. To know the exact end date is then a matter of paramount importance to people, because it is their only way of knowing what quantum shift they are experiencing in the present moment. While many people advocating the December 21, 2012 date are simply jumping on a bandwagon to create some visibility for themselves (and sell various products) I feel it is time that they consider what kind of responsibility this implies also for other people. It is probably not an accident that the first major Hollywood movie, surely planned to confuse people about the Mayan calendar and tout the December 21, 2012 date is scheduled to be released in November of 2009 as the sixth night begins.

Source

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The Mayan head honcho, "Don Alejandro" has said himself what its all about.

It is definatley no doomsday what so ever according to Mayan prophecy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
"The end date simply reflects the point in time when the Cosmic Tree of Life attains its highest quantum state."

What does that mean, is Calleman a physicist, he knows quantum mechanics, the Life of Tree is a vector in Hilbert space ?

"In quantum physics, a quantum state is a mathematical object that fully describes a Quantum system."
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Maaan!
My threads have a nasty habit of falling onto deaf ears.
I take it as a sign that I am 100% right and nobody has anything more to add to it...because they are so stunned and amazed...or sumfin.

Feels great to bump my own thread....yup...
*sigh*

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I only see one risk for all the Chicken Littles that believe that the Mayan calendar harks the end of the world....

EGG ON FACE!

IRM

On a recent trip to mexico I visited some mayan ruins. While there I thought I'd ask one of the local souvenir sellers, (who were selling calenders and other trinkets) about the calender and end of the world. He said it is something the Gringos had come up with and it has no meaning in mayan culture whatsoever. It's a myth we have created not the Mayans. The guy I spoke to even laughed when I mentioned it.

"Crazy gringo thinks the world will end because of mayan calender, ha ha ha, now you wanna buy magic hammock?"

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Sad that many believe the mayan calender is a doomsday prophecy. I find the wave functions of time very intersting, keep them comming.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Glad to see there is someone with the same thought lines as I have.
Like you, I am getting a little tired as well of the "Armageddon" syndrome, end of days, the pooh is gonna hit the fan, Nostradamus predicted this and that (I for one truly believe that we have misinterpreted what he really predicted, again comes down to the use of words and their interpretation those days, and what we use those words for now).
If people would just let it happen as it should and truly realise the love in their hearts, then this progression would not be one of fear, but one to rejoice in. Yes there will be suffering, but we made the choices we did, and now we must start to make up for that and end it all with the Ultimate choice, and really look at ourselves, and this is happening now.
To be honest I was not a believer of human evolution, but after doing some research and not being afraid to be confronted with the truth, I have come to understand that the truth is no longer what humans perceive it to be. There is more that meets the eye and this is being proven almost everyday now. No longer can we stand with our heads in the sand and deny innocence, but we must move toward acceptance, movement, understanding and learning about yourself, this is the key, and this is happening now.
More and more we are coming to the factual reality that we have been deceived for a long time, and the powers that be are now struggling to continue their control of a hopeless situation, on their part of course, and the more they struggle, the more they try to instill fear and control, the more people are starting to see the truth due to the fact that they no longer have control and we no longer are willing to accept the suffering, Patience is a virtue, and at the moment, action and patience is needed in BIG quantities, but do not be deceived into thinking that action requires violence.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by The_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
While patiently waiting for that youtube mayan video to load on dial up...

Some people fear 2012 like some people feared the sea falling into oblivion when humanity thought that the earth was flat.

Always saw it as the end of a calendar, nothing more, nothing less. The Aztec had a 52 year calendar who cycled back to year one. The Mayan is a hell of a lot longer than the Aztec one but it doesn't mean that when 2012 comes that title waves will rise to a height on a 100 feet or that the poles will shift! I have heard a lot of crazy theory about 2012 but no proof that it is going to be Armageddon.

But if indeed it does coincide with the Schumann resonance peaking at 13 Hz on a planetary scale, well, that would be another story

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Hello, and thank you for the wonderful reply. You seem like a kind-hearted individual.

Still, I notice (not from your post alone however) that my point is being missed out on.

The date we should somewhat "dread" is much closer than 21st of December 2012.
211212 is a date that has been super-hyped, on purpose, to distract our awareness, not only to impose fear, but to rob us of insight and wisdom. Sadly, this scam seems to work out just fine. Once again the element of fear is easy to use, and even easier on a large scale.

2012 will only show us the transition of Venus and the end of one major galactic cycle. Most probably no "events" or so. If there is to be some sort of "happening", my bet is on 28th of October 2011 which is when the prophecy sort of "ends".

Not too many people seem to actually study the calendar itself. They are way too happy already with the mainstream "cult" around 2012, anonymous YouTube-clips, heresay and what random people write on conspiracy forums...

I must admit that I am a "doomsday romantic". But that is most probably just from watching too many movies and playing computer games until my eyes go sore. Yet, I am of rational nature and I separate myself from the rest of the "herd", even more so now when our inrighteous leaders seem so hell-bent on dragging this entire creation into the abyss...

What we need is an awakened, sober and alert mindset. Even though a "doom" with falling skies and boiling seas will most likely not happen, some sort of vast and very drastic change will come. We must not miss out on our opportunity to change this reality of injustice and oppression. We must not be led astray just because the voices around us tell us to. We have to crystalize the truth and set our minds on it. As eagles we must soar high above to see the entire picture.

Please, look once again on the graphics provided in the OP, and pretty please read the article enclosed.
It will do you so much good. It willl help you understand.

Thank you so much for your time.
Peace and prosperity.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

EGG ON FACE!

IRM

Y2K anyone?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Can you please xplain how this guy knows that the global economy will collapse in Oct. of 2011? It's just added speculation on top of speculation. This doesn't mean anyhting. How can you post a graph of something which has yet to take place?

new topics

top topics

join