It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheistic Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I guess this is the right place, dreams and such.

Well for good friends of mine, i'm know as "The one that does not sleep".

I'm looking into good drugs such as Ambien to help sleep, from Night terrors to just plain insomnia, I can't for the life of me seem to be able to fall asleep!

The last dream I had though, was an atheistic dream, you can tell by my avatar i'm atheist.

I've always rejoiced if you will, of my atheism, it's enlightened, made me appreciate life, but then a dream pops up and makes you go back to the basics.

So here is.

I was sitting in a classroom, full of teachers and a student at the board, (didnt' seem to weird for me) I was sitting there, listening, although I dream in black and white with no sound, so telepathy dream if you will. All of the sudden a rock hits a classmate next to me dead, my first respone was 'ME!" what if I had died, it wouldve been game over. So with this 1 second epiphany, I jumped out of the room, and ran out the door, dodging anything in my way with "godspeed' if you will.

Running down the halls, out the door, phew made it out, and am still alive. What now I pondered, well I just watched someone die, and it's game over for them, then I went and it kind of blurred out as I started to awaken, I went on accomplishing all my goals in the future I could see in the dream.

I woke up feeling oneiric, and disturbed, the fear of dying had consumed me so much, and so intensely that I could hardly breathe, and almost went into a panic attack right there. It was that, shake you up for the whole day and maybe the next day, type of dream, although i'll say the feelings were much more profound then my wording in this thread, that caught me.

To add, i'm not afraid of death, as I feel there is no need to be afraid of something that's natural, and is inevitable.

Though Why did I feel in a dream it was evitable ( I guess thats how you put it! ) and that I must do all I could to evade it.

For external issues, I'll add, My Dad died on Nov 6 2:00am 2008. My Mom has cancer. My Grandma is 80, and every woman in my family has died at 81, (odd I know but statistics will create a trend sooner or later). My other grandmother died on Y2K the moment the ball hit, it's all in another thread of mine.

So death has been a recent thing for me.

My main emotional struggle has been, wanting there to be a God, a divine being that promises me eternity, and knowing that this is just ridiculous talk. I want it to be real, but my senses and logic, disagree totally with it.

Can anyone explain something I can't see, because hopefully if I can stop these terrible night terrors and the many others, I can not need drugs to fall asleep! Or have a good nights rest for once in many, many years.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
For those confused on the thread OP persay.

Imagine the most realistic fealing of being on your deathbed in a world with no religion or feeling of afterlife.

Imagine the terror of the final end, th end to it all, your whole existance, and imagine the thoughts you would have. Now Multiply all that buy the billions of emotional feelings associated with it, and that's how the dream felt.

Extreme to the upmost. Hopefuly that gives and indepth feeling base, for commentors. It was one of the most extreme ones, and then trying to feel nothing was oneiric and confusing and baffling, in itself, I felt depleted afterwords.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
In all reality you're not going to know one way or the other what happens when you leave your vessel.

There's plenty of theories and beliefs out there that people enjoy clinging onto in order to sooth the undeniable fact that death is simply a part of life.

Being a frightened Atheist was apparently something that you decided to envelope your existence in. Is that wrong? I don't think so. You're merely doing what many others are doing, but straying away from religious beliefs and the assumptions of any kind of life after life.

The fact of the matter is there is no knowing of what happens after you've died. It's the ultimate mystery. It can be terrifying, exciting and quite possibly extremely enlightening.

I find it difficult, however that you can claim that you do not fear death, yet you fear what happens when you die. You want something to continue. In your heart and mind you yearn for something more.

It seems to be a natural instinct in human beings to want to feel the satisfaction that when the curtain falls there's still something going on behind stage.

I can relate to some degree as I used to lay awake at night when I was younger and imagine what it would be like after death; to be absolutely nothing. Completely empty and void of everything that I now know. It made me ill to think about it.

In time I realized that there's nothing I can do about what happens to me in death. Only in life can I control what happens and within that I must make the best of it. Dedicate myself to a worthy cause.

Unfortunately this is something that deeply troubles you and the only advice I can give you is that you're the only one that's going to be able to make that any better.

Many others including myself could tell you what worked for him, me, her, and so forth, but it's you that has to find some kind of peace in the fact that when death is upon you there may be nothing more to look forward to.

It's all in how you want to perceive death. For all I know when you die your brain sustains enough energy for you to "dream" if you will about what you imagine happens in death.

It's a coin toss.

Don't let the unknown frighten you. Don't let it get the best of you. Not in life anyway. Life is yours to enjoy. In death you can figure out who calls the shots, but don't think that just because in death everything in life is for nothing. What happens in life affects all those that are living. It's important to make that life the best it can be as death is only a short time away and can come at any moment.

I have no idea if this helps you in anyway, and I've probably allowed myself to rant and for that I apologize.

By the way...stay away from Ambien. Good Luck.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by leakingignorance

Im seperating dream from reality.

In reality I do not fear death at all, although I don't accept it freely, savvy.

I don't want to die, clearly!

In the dream I felt what it was like though to feel the last moments of someone who was questioning there faith wondering if this was the end, I know it's the end.

I feel as time has gone on, i've realized my choices, and have become stronger in my beliefs because of this, epiphany, i've thrown away any agnostic feelings, and feel stronger for it!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hi Republican/

Your dreams are not strange at all!
Many people have had similar dreams as this.
Did you know that your dreams are your subconscious?
What is your(well not 'yours' to the sense of the word!) subconscious?
It is the Soul that seeks?

Let me show you an article ...to quote///'He criticizes all of his contemporaries with a sharpness that has still not been surpassed. In fact, over time, many of his criticisms may be said to be prophetic. Before Marx, he castigated violent revolutionaries, before Nietzsche he warned humankind of the poison of inflating the human soul with dreams of becoming a superman.(DOSTOEVSKY [1])LINK

That's only one article...
Did you know that the Bible says that the Soul belongs to the one who gave it?

You said///

My main emotional struggle has been, wanting there to be a God, a divine being that promises me eternity, and knowing that this is just ridiculous talk. I want it to be real, but my senses and logic, disagree totally with it.

Senses and Logic?
Now, we are getting somewhere.

The Apostles and Church Fathers also knew the deleterious effects of depression: "Worldly grief produces death," wrote St. Paul (2 Corinthians 7:10).
The death to which St. Paul refers is both a social and occupational death, that is, the diminishment of function in interpersonal relationships as well as the blocking of God's love and light in the soul that leads to existential despair.

link
It relates to a souls longing......

I remember reading not too long ago about how the MIND is so powerful that we must all guard it.
An interesting article about how easy it is for someone to use one's mind to do and think how they want....I cant remember where I read it, but I will find it and post it here if you like.
Just think how through MUSIC ones begins to have certain feelings and such.
Programming the mind with experiments that have been done.
Logic is also within the MIND....Think about it!

Take care,

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hi Republican08. I suffer from insomnia too. I take Zolpidem (generic Ambien) and it works good. I highly recommend it. Sorry to hear about your loss and your family being in poor health. I don't know what I'd do without my family, they're everything to me.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

top topics

join