It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I set up a private, passworded wiki for 15 or so writers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
:shk:

So I need to set up a private, secure, non searchable collaborative workspace for a few writers, and it needs to be free if possible, EDIT: I don't mind paying a small monthly fee. (((I need a bit of diskspace but bandwidth will be minimal if it's private, right?))) I don't mind if it has a crap domain name. I'd like to use the Mediawiki platform or the nearest clone. Other wikis I tried just aren't as good and I need real time collaboration. I speak 3 languages and have written books but I am an imbecile when it comes to websites.

I don't want anyone to waste their time taking me through the whole thing, but if anyone can give me pointers to cool tutorials I'd really appreciate it. Some ATS big names are involved but muggins here needs to do the donkey-work.

Is Wikia good?

Can translate a bit of Spanish for you as a trade off, or do an errand in Hong Kong.

Peace

[edit on 16f20095amFri, 12 Jun 2009 01:59:30 -050030 by HiAliens]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If you're going to use Mediawiki, I think this is what you are looking for.

But if you're simply looking for a collaborative workspace, you should consider using a service such as huddle.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I appreciate your reply.

Huddle is great for organising but doesn't offer real time wiki editing as far as I know, so we ended up using clearwiki.com, which is great.

All the Best

join