It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping the government from becoming too complacent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hello Everyone:

First of all, I am a 100% red-blooded American and would die for my country in a heartbeat if she needed me to. That being made clear, I also want to point out I do not believe in the concept of “blind faith” unless we’re referring to God, and I don’t believe God is a member of the U.S. Government. Grasping the analogy I just made, leads me to the point of this post.

Basically, I’m just throwing out an idea here. No one is perfect and not everyone is perfect for a specific job. Americans could once have faith in our government, and give those leaders the length of their terms in office to prove their leadership, and if unable to prove themselves, we could vote them out at the next election. In today’s fast paced world, a President can really mess up the country in a 4-year term. I didn’t major in “Political Science”, so, as I said before, just think about this idea in between drinks of your beer or cocktails. What if we had a government system where at the 2-year point of their office term, we had a less formal vote than an election?(Doesn’t Canada do something like this?) This would be more than just a “Gallup’s Poll”, or any other public poll. This could be set up so that certain members of the House and the Senate voted. The voting members would never be allowed to be made known to the President, thus no favor exchanging, bribery, etc.

There are many directions to go with this idea (as long as me going on to some government list isn’t one of them.) I believe a President needs more than two years to totally show what he can do, so a total job loss should not be an option. BUT, an increase versus decrease in salary+incentives for his last 2-years in office is an idea. Increasing his retirement rewards versus having them decreased at the end of his term would work for his last two-years as well. As I said, there are so many different ways of rewarding good performance people could discuss this all day long. MY MAJOR POINT IS I WOULD RATHER SEE RESULTS IN OUR STANDARD OF LIVING IN THE USA MORE THAN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PRESIDENT IN THE NEWS FOR WRITING SOME CHILD AN EXCUSE FOR MISSING SCHOOL TO GO SEE HIM IN PERSON. (No disrespect for the child intended, in any way, shape, or form.)

Peace Everyone,
CBS

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Introductions - Please read

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS my friend. Make sure you read the T & C.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Tentickles:
Thank you for your suggestion. I read the T&C over a year ago when I first joined ATS. With me only having about 8 brain cells remaining, I obviously need to refresh myself with the T&C as I read 99% more than I post. (I was aware of the over-usage of cap.'s rule but for some reason remember it referring to submitting an entire post in cap.'s.) Well, I'm off to to refresh myself with the T&C so I can be a compliant member here! THX!

Peace,
CBS

new topics

join