Why the death penalty must be abolished

page: 5
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


I thought that our conversation was over, but now I feel the need to ask why were you put on Prozac etc to start with? Because as you know, it is a never-ending circle once you are on those drugs.


I have OCD and complications from it, and as a child I threw temper tantrums.

Yeah it sucks.




posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
My POV only, is that the death penalty is wrong. No one has the right to take anyones life, and 2 wrongs certainly do not make a right, no matter which way you try to justify it. Yes I have experienced someone taking the life of one of my loved ones, but, I feel a better way to punish those that commit these types of crimes, is to set aside an Island that we could place these criminals on. Let them deal with each other and see how far they get. A place for women and a place for men, no interaction with the opposite sexes, no way to procreate nothing but the horrible thought of each other. I know I wouldn't like to be there. But this is based on my belief. Life has lost it preciousness today, and that is a really sad thing, to often I see images of death everywhere we look today that we are now desensitised by it, we have also come to the conclusion that this can be the answer to everything, kill it if it proves to be a problem, and then its all solved, No its not. We are all experiencing grief at this time, over 80% of the population has experienced some form of abuse, why are we fighting abuse or death with the same. The death penalty is not the answer to our problems. The death penalty can pin point anyone and everyone, what if they were innocent and were set up (which seems to be the common way to deal with those that we dont like in todays society, and suicide is another), you cant bring them back after the deed is done.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


OCD is just some stupid theory, and most kids throw temper tantrums.

This world is just insane and I blame the shrinks. They are all crazy, so they put that label on everyone else.

We are all in danger of being drugged, to make us insensitive, like animals to the slaughter, which we probably are.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
My POV only, is that the death penalty is wrong. No one has the right to take anyones life, and 2 wrongs certainly do not make a right, no matter which way you try to justify it. Yes I have experienced someone taking the life of one of my loved ones, but, I feel a better way to punish those that commit these types of crimes, is to set aside an Island that we could place these criminals on. Let them deal with each other and see how far they get. A place for women and a place for men, no interaction with the opposite sexes, no way to procreate nothing but the horrible thought of each other. I know I wouldn't like to be there. But this is based on my belief. Life has lost it preciousness today, and that is a really sad thing, to often I see images of death everywhere we look today that we are now desensitised by it, we have also come to the conclusion that this can be the answer to everything, kill it if it proves to be a problem, and then its all solved, No its not. We are all experiencing grief at this time, over 80% of the population has experienced some form of abuse, why are we fighting abuse or death with the same. The death penalty is not the answer to our problems. The death penalty can pin point anyone and everyone, what if they were innocent and were set up (which seems to be the common way to deal with those that we dont like in todays society, and suicide is another), you cant bring them back after the deed is done.


Dude you are my hero.




posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Oh, I wanted to bring up another point.

Remember when they had the bill that would make the rape of a child under 12 punishable by death?

Obama supported that bill, and that's actually when I started to turn against him.

On the surface, it sounds like a good way to protect kids and take the issue seriously - but if you think about it, it would have been a terrible move if it did pass.

First of all, it would expand the American death penalty tremendously. We would become like China or Singapore overnight.

You can't really prove if someone has molested a child either conclusively; it's usually through circumstantial evidence, so tons of innocent people would be executed and tons of people would be framed.

The worst problem though with the bill is that pedophiles would murder their victims to cover up their crimes, since the penalty would be the same!



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Ohhhh Donnie, I have supported you so far, but if someone raped a child under 12, I would personally aim the gun at his head.

Actually, I would gladly shoot all rapists.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Ohhhh Donnie, I have supported you so far, but if someone raped a child under 12, I would personally aim the gun at his head.

Actually, I would gladly shoot all rapists.


Wait a second - you think rapists are actually worse than people who kill other people in cold blood?

I wouldn't go THAT far ...



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Child molesters are the very worst people of all.

To take away the innocence of a child...that is the very worst thing anyone could do.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Child molesters are the very worst people of all.

To take away the innocence of a child...that is the very worst thing anyone could do.


I think killing a child is worse though.

Or killing anyone. Innocence is great, but it's not more valuable than life itself.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Donnie Darko]



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


You know something? If a child has been raped, they probably want to die.

They kill themselves when they grow up, usually, so the rapist has committed murder.

Anyone who abuses a child deserves to die, full stop.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bad man incorporated
 




I don't mangle and destroy and cut off one of my own digits for fun. But if it develops gangrene or some other destructive disease, it is removed.


And what if that finger is you?

What if there is some destructive force acting on you behind you? What if you can't help it?

What if you are innocent?



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


You know something? If a child has been raped, they probably want to die.

They kill themselves when they grow up, usually, so the rapist has committed murder.

Anyone who abuses a child deserves to die, full stop.


Well that's your opinion. My grandma hit my dad growing up, you think she should go to the gas chamber?

My stepdad hit me too.

And I don't think a rape victim would want to die. Well maybe some would, but it's a very small percent of rape victims who kill themselves. Now sadly quite a few do try.

I think hurting an adult is just as bad as hurting a child - I mean what's the difference? Is an adult worth less?



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Hitting is not rape.

I am saying that no-one should be able to say who dies, except God.

Except I am saying that anyone who abuses children is due for a long time in the fire.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


An adult has already realised that things are difficult. A child has not.

So yes, it is worse to abuse a child, who at least still has some hope.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The whole judicial system is a farce. Most judges have never been raped or beaten, they have no knowledge the consequences of crime.

They have been releasing hard core criminals into the masses to assure their posts, and framing innocents for eons.

Cops cant tell the difference between a good citizen, a mental patient or a criminal. They themselves are the biggest criminals I have seen.

These "Laws" they are passing are a grave sign of danger to all the good people, not the criminals!

I know their game from personal experiences, and I have witnessed the hypocritical judicial system in action too many times to ever believe in their authority. This is all very "Occult" to me. They will use this in their favor to cover up their own crimes, they will kill more Innocents. Thats it.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Hitting is not rape.

I am saying that no-one should be able to say who dies, except God.

Except I am saying that anyone who abuses children is due for a long time in the fire.


Eternity even? Or more like a few centuries of purging?

Anyway, I know hitting is not rape, but it's still the same thing. Both are abuse.

And btw I'm not sticking up for pedophiles. They scare the crap out of me. They are weird-ass creepy people who should be locked up, and I have almost been raped before.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The law and legal system as another method of controllling people.

Law and justice should be enacted within communities - law in general should be discarded in favor of judgment by a group of elected representatives of the people at a very small and local level - in other words, you should know the people who are judges in your area by sight.

Punishment is necessary - and the death penalty is necessary.

Punishment should be decided locally by the local judges - they should just decide what is appropriate.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
The whole judicial system is a farce. Most judges have never been raped or beaten, they have no knowledge the consequences of crime.

They have been releasing hard core criminals into the masses to assure their posts, and framing innocents for eons.

Cops cant tell the difference between a good citizen, a mental patient or a criminal. They themselves are the biggest criminals I have seen.

These "Laws" they are passing are a grave sign of danger to all the good people, not the criminals!

I know their game from personal experiences, and I have witnessed the hypocritical judicial system in action too many times to ever believe in their authority. This is all very "Occult" to me. They will use this in their favor to cover up their own crimes, they will kill more Innocents. Thats it.


I freaking hate most cops. They are power-hungry maniacs and I fear them more than I fear criminals.



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers
 


Yes,

It is all about money, and being on the top of society, squashing everyone else.

But I think they will all be squashed soon.

Cheers!



posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


An adult has already realised that things are difficult. A child has not.

So yes, it is worse to abuse a child, who at least still has some hope.


So all adults are hopeless?





new topics
top topics
 
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join