It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the death penalty must be abolished

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I think I am going to not answer this one.
I think he was guilty. But neither do I have access to all the facts of the case.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I think I am going to not answer this one.
I think he was guilty. But neither do I have access to all the facts of the case.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

OKAY, let us have a few more angels in our midst, autistic or not!

I believe that we have a lot of people in this world who can see a clear picture and could save the planet but guess what we do to them? We label them and we drug them.

I am talking about autism, ADD, ADHD etc, over-activeness (so-called) and a lot more including Indigos and Stars.

Many children are on dumbing down drugs and they should not be.

As long as our saviours (which I believe have come in many generations) are drugged, we are lost.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

reply to post by KEMIK

Which is why I say only in cases in which the evidence is irrefutable. There are such cases.

I'm sorry but I don't see your point.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

OKAY, let us have a few more angels in our midst, autistic or not!

I believe that we have a lot of people in this world who can see a clear picture and could save the planet but guess what we do to them? We label them and we drug them.

I am talking about autism, ADD, ADHD etc, over-activeness (so-called) and a lot more including Indigos and Stars.

Many children are on dumbing down drugs and they should not be.

As long as our saviours (which I believe have come in many generations) are drugged, we are lost.

Awww thank you.

Yeah I hate taking medication ... I've found it only makes me feel worse. I'm a very loving person, but sometimes I can be totally emotionless because my emotions can be so intense they totally shut off.

As a little kid, the tiniest thing could make me sad, but by the time I was almost a teen, I had been through so much emotional stress even 9/11 and the tsunami couldn't move me. I'm on Prozac right now and I really don't like it, I think it's a crappy drug.

I sometimes feel like I was born an another planet - I really do think I think differently than most people. And I find many of my friends are also "Aspies".

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

There is no arguing their guilt?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

reply to post by KEMIK

There is no arguing their guilt?

Actually the original premise of my thread does partly relate to this. If the death penalty is expanded, to include stuff like treason and sex crimes, the government will use it to snuff out opponents.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Hey, yvw, just another very strong reason why the death penalty should be abolished.

Half the world is on mind-altering drugs and the other half is insane anyway lol.

Gotta laugh, or else start crying now.

Please get off those horrible drugs and get into your real mind, even if it is painful.

Prozac just turns you off from your true purpose.

link   

That is an absolutist statement. Yes it convincible and perhaps even may look attractive to them for them to do so. But it does not mean they will.

link   
No disrespect...but don't stretch it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

?
?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Hey, yvw, just another very strong reason why the death penalty should be abolished.

Half the world is on mind-altering drugs and the other half is insane anyway lol.

Gotta laugh, or else start crying now.

Please get off those horrible drugs and get into your real mind, even if it is painful.

Prozac just turns you off from your true purpose.

Yeah I'm going to tell my parents I don't want them anymore. I would take them if they helped me, but they don't! They just cost money I don't have.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

That is an absolutist statement. Yes it convincible and perhaps even may look attractive to them for them to do so. But it does not mean they will.

No it's just a prediction. But it's a very good reason not to support the expansion of the death penalty.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

reply to post by KEMIK

?
?

Sorry. That wasn't towards you

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

My mistake then.
I ass-u-me-d *but mostly just me
that you lapsed into a style some use.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Good for you!

And if they ask you who told you to get off the drugs you can tell them it was me, but only for your own good (I don't think they will be very pleased).

Even if this seems off-topic, it is not. Because you said that on the drugs you were often emotionless. It is lack of emotion that causes humans to hate/kill/torture other humans and other species. I would be interested to know how many murderers, child molesters and other horrific offenders were dosed up on 'legal' drugs, as opposed to illegal drugs.

Anyway, good luck!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

And predicitions are not always correct. You state it as the only possible outcome though. Either way, I do respect your point of view if I do not share it.
Must bugger off now, have a good night all.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I would be interested to know how many murderers, child molesters and other horrific offenders were dosed up on 'legal' drugs, as opposed to illegal drugs.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks. I've actually had suicidal thoughts and other terrible thoughts because of these drugs. That's also why I hate the death penalty - maybe with some of these criminals, it's not really their fault.

These drugs suck, they really destroy people's lives. But I'm getting better.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

One more thing, from a certain point of view nothing is anyone's fault.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I thought that our conversation was over, but now I feel the need to ask why were you put on Prozac etc to start with? Because as you know, it is a never-ending circle once you are on those drugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join