It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Backhands Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Another video of aggressive cops at the G20 summit in London. This video shows a large cop backhanding a woman and then going after her with the baton.

I did a search and did not see this video posted, please remove if it is out there.

www.liveleak.com...

I see more and more videos like this surfacing.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sadly this is becoming everyday news. I hear it's not half as bad in the UK as it is in the states, but this is how it begins.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I saw a situation that was escalating very fast.

A guy was trying to shove his way past the police line and a few others starting to get into that mob menatlity. Including this lady.

Glad to see it didn't escalate any further.

You don't want the baton then don't try your hand at the man during a protest.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I can understand that point. Tensions were high that day, but it wasn't like they had a crush of people rushing them or anything. The woman certainly got no warning to stay back. The cops weren't overly worried about that area, or they would have had the shields, helmets, etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

He pushed her back once or twice before the backhand and she came back for the baton.

They were seriously outnumbered. If they had let tensions rise to the level you are talking about then we would be commenting on a thread about the cops who got beaten down by a mob.

It only takes one to incite a mob and by the way that guy was acting and the reaction from a few protesters it could have easily gone wrong. I think the cops did a good job in this instance.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Maybe.

I guess I am just old fashion when it comes to hitting a woman. It should be a last resort. I have never been a fan of the guys that hit women and use the excuse, "well she had it coming". Don't get me wrong JD, I am not accusing you of that.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I am with you about not hitting a woman.

But in this instance you can't look at her as a woman. You have to look at her as a protester. You mentioned it should be a last resort. I believe in this instance that it was the last resort.

He pushed her away twice and she kept coming back when tensions were running high. If she was the only one trying to bully the police then I would agree that this was out of line. Sadly she wasn't and was treated as anybody else would have been treated.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I can see your point. It would be interesting to see the size of the crowd and police force from a different angle or further back, to get a good idea of the scope of the crowd in that area.

I would have less of a problem with it, if he had simply continued to hold his arms out, push back when necessary.

Found this video on youtube, I know it is a different situation but again seems like it could be handled a lot better.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

In that video he was severly out of hand and should be fired.

That first video with some of the crowd getting rowdy and with such a small police presence one or two shoves is all it should take for the lady to get the point. One cop can't stay preoccupied with one person in a situation like that.

I'm glad you aren't the typical cop basher and you welcome a differant view. That is a rarity on this site when it comes to threads about cop violence.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It's all disgusting. These b*st*rds in blue are simply minions of the NWO. They are giving power of dominion over us, and in exchange they become some what enforcers of the NWO.

Star, and a flag for you bringing another lord in black to the forefront; for what they have become.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Look, imo, like any thing in life, there are cops that are nothing more than "thugs with guns and super egos" - but I would believe they are actually a fairly low percentage overall.

Also, in many of these videos like this, does anyone not take into account these men are surrounded by upset people, have no idea what might happen and certainly end up putting their lives at risk to keep the peace. I'm not saying that they always make the best decisions, but I also think people should consider the situation a bit more beyond what a few seconds of video displays. I'm reading people jumping to an awful lot of conclusions about things this bit of video couldn't possibly relate as "fact".

Sometimes what appears to be offensive or excessive use of violence from the distorted viewpoint we get via a video, etc. is often uncomfortable to us, the viewers because we weren't there or privy to the very specific causes that might have led to the situation. Certainly, violence is repugnant to most - so its always going to get you upset when you view it outside the situation.

I just think sometimes these days it seems more popular to view everyone as the enemy/bad guy instead of assuming we need more information before passing quick judgment or seeing conspiracy theories everywhere.

I do know one thing, if I thought slapping someone might prevent an entire crowd from erupting and causing much more harm, even possibly deaths or serious wounding of numerous people that might come from a mob out of control - I'd take a slap over that any day.

Just my .02 worth

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical_Seeker

I do know one thing, if I thought slapping someone might prevent an entire crowd from erupting and causing much more harm, even possibly deaths or serious wounding of numerous people that might come from a mob out of control - I'd take a slap over that any day.

Just my .02 worth

I just don't think these videos present a mob about to go out of control, where are the rocks raining down on the cops, the glass bottles being thrown. I just see men with armor and weapons finding the smaller, weaker, unarmed member of the crowd and beating them.

I am not saying that all cops are like this but I think the trend is moving towards this. Maybe I was naive when I was younger but it did not seem like it had gotten this bad.

I have worked with police officers and most are great guys, but some of the stories about things that happen in their jurisdictions are just disturbing. By the way if you want to see office politics and backstabbing out of control just look at any police station. It really is crazy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

In that video he was severly out of hand and should be fired.

That first video with some of the crowd getting rowdy and with such a small police presence one or two shoves is all it should take for the lady to get the point. One cop can't stay preoccupied with one person in a situation like that.

I'm glad you aren't the typical cop basher and you welcome a differant view. That is a rarity on this site when it comes to threads about cop violence.

I try to keep an open mind on everything. In fact, many of your posts remind me of my mind set a few years ago. I have added you to my "friends" list. Look forward to discussing more topics with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I understand the sentiment that is for sure.

More and more cops are on a power trip, and are less educated than the average citizen.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
OP:
I am 80% certain that this has been posted here before, though I don't remember which section / thread. It was a little while ago though, as the video isn't that recent. (It's a few months old)

Ontopic:
I've witnessed some protests in Amsterdam once, which consisted of your average ''troublesome punk teenager'' kids and lots and LOTS of fireworks.

Fireworks were thrown to cops as well but they pretty much kept their cool for the most part (a friend I know got taken in lol but I forgot why). They all formed a line and though they did use a water cannon in a previous protest, they didn't start smacking people, at the most they'd point their baton at someone and tell them to move out of their range. (I also noticed a cop driving on the sidewalk to pin for some cash once
)

So based on that I'd assume that he'd gone too far, however he is a cop so you can expect things to get physical if they see you as annoying / potential threat, in which case verbal stuff is at your own risk. (And when I speak about verbal stuff I mean the ''aggressive'' tone at which the woman yells at him, using profanity as well)

And apparently the same thoughts are viewed in the text on that link:

While no physical provocation is readily apparent in the footage, the woman did approach the officer in an aggressive manner

[edit on 12/6/09 by -0mega-]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Omega, thanks for the info. I thought it might have been posted but had no luck finding using the search. Of course ATS archives are massive!

True, she did lay into the cops pretty hard. I don't know, maybe I am wrong here. She just looks so small, dedicated to her cause no doubt, but not much of a threat.

Like I said before, I hate to see women/girls pushed around by cops that out weigh her by at least 100 lbs.

Thanks for replying though, and if this is a double post on the video, I beg the forgiveness of the forum moderators!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This video is not of a woman but still way over the line IMO...

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

What an A-wipe ! He needs for someone twice his size to backhand him and then whack him with a baton ! I thought we only had cops like this in the US. Where do they get these people from ?!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

What an A-wipe ! He needs for someone twice his size to backhand him and then whack him with a baton ! I thought we only had cops like this in the US. Where do they get these people from ?!

I am thinking high school drop-outs who went back for their GED?

top topics

join