It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Israel Strikes Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

What If Israel Strikes Iran?

online.wsj.com

By JOHN R. BOLTON
Whatever the outcome of Iran's presidential election tomorrow, negotiations will not soon -- if ever -- put an end to its nuclear threat. And given Iran's determination to achieve deliverable nuclear weapons, speculation about a possible Israeli attack on its nuclear program will not only persist but grow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
hahaha John bolton at it again ...can you imagine if this guy had some say so ....I think it would have been world war three along time ago. I agree that Iran could be a threat but this guy would nuke them off the map ....no pun intended lol...I just hope cooler heads prevail particuly in Israel,because it is my opinion that they are going to strike soon

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I feel the same way and the US will be drug into the conflict along with other western nations and it will eventually escalate into all out war with the ME countries and perhaps WWIII and Armageddon.

God Help Us!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If Ahmadinijad (sp?) is re-elected the action could come as soon as immediate!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Theran keeps saying it has no intention of developing nuclear weapons.

This is nothing but Israeli propoganda and war mongering and the tail wagging the dog through someone like Bolton.

It's people like him who are a real menace to peace in the world, and countries like Israel who see a boogey man under every bed.

I have to admitt I would be paranoid too if I acted in the barbaric and genocidal way that Israel and it's aparthied state does.

I guess guys like Bolton must need the money and favors that bad to sell their souls for such an inhuman enterprise.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
If Ahmadinijad (sp?) is re-elected the action could come as soon as immediate!

i agree

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Theran keeps saying it has no intention of developing nuclear weapons.

This is nothing but Israeli propoganda and war mongering and the tail wagging the dog through someone like Bolton.

It's people like him who are a real menace to peace in the world, and countries like Israel who see a boogey man under every bed.

I have to admitt I would be paranoid too if I acted in the barbaric and genocidal way that Israel and it's aparthied state does.

I guess guys like Bolton must need the money and favors that bad to sell their souls for such an inhuman enterprise.

dont forget UN inspectors found traces of plutonium

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Israel wont attack Iran, Iran has not done anything to them other than talk BS but its the same BS that Israel talks to them.

If Israel does attack Iran, all that would do is strengthen the radicals, convince everyone that they do need WMD's, to protect themselves from the threat that is Israel and bring all new hostility towards the great country of Israel.

So really I see no gain to Israel to attack Iran.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

I really disagree the Israelis are very worried about this and since Obama looks so week I think action is inevitable!!They bombed Lebanon without USA permission well…so it’s said but anyway I am very worried about this did you hear bibi statements before he was elected? Very straight forward “its 1938 and Iran is Germany “I would say it is worth keeping an eye on

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

UN inspector's reports can be altered. Dont trust them as the UN works for the NWO.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's part and parcel of a grand play.

China pretends to be angry with North Korea, USA Pretends to be angry with Israel and Russia pretends to be the moderate peacemaker.

China goes for Taiwan, Russia goes for Georgia and the USA is the peacemaker.

USA hits Pakistan or Venezuela, Russia hits Ukraine and China is the peacemaker.

Meanwhile all the elites are bathing with trannies and kids, entertaining the "owl" in Brazil smoking cuban cigars with shriner-like hats on saying all is well and good in the land.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Totally agree! And it's not "if" it's when. The US gov have been falling over themselves trying to find a way to get their next war started in Iran.
It's coming guys... War is money,

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Do not be so certain of an impending Israeli strike.

Netanyahu, while hard-line, is a very intelligent man. He understands full well that the current US Administration will NOT support him in a unilateral strike on Iranian soil. If Bush or Clinton were still in power, and if the US were not currently in Iraq, Netanyahu would have far greater power and leverage to use against Tehran.

However, with Obama now in office and seeking to strike a concilliatory tone with the Muslim World, Israel knows that if it hits Iran without provocation it will be alone. The Iranians know this as well.

However, do not rule out the use of small tactical teams used to take down critical infrastructure of nuclear sites near Bushehr. The Israeli Special Operations Units (Massad) are the best in the world at these types of seemingly 'suicidal' missions.

Israel will do what it must to protect itself, but it will use every trick in the book to keep it all under wraps, at least for the next 3.5 years.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I doubt Israel will strike. Firstly their attacks would be ineffective as Iran's facilities are wisely spaced and the most important ones are buried deep underground out of the range of convenational bunkerbusters. The result of this failed attack would create a wave of domestic Iranian (and probably Islamic support) for Iran to build the bomb.
Secondly Irans surrogates in Lebanon and in the Palestinian territories would unleash a wave of terror on Israel of the likes they have never seen before.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
However, do not rule out the use of small tactical teams used to take down critical infrastructure of nuclear sites near Bushehr. The Israeli Special Operations Units (Massad) are the best in the world at these types of seemingly 'suicidal' missions.

Unlikely that these teams would get anywhere near the sites let alone be able to carry the ordnance required to disrupt them for any length of time. As for being the best in the world, I have heard nothing of successful sabotage mission in Arab countries. Mossad only seems to be effective in Europe due to the lax security in those countries.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
They were successful last summer. I'll try to dig up the individual's name, but he was a high ranking military intelligence official from Syria, and he was eliminated with high skill in an area that was supposed to be secure. Give me a few days to dig that up, if you would.

It wouldn't have to be massive ordinance to disrupt the Iranian nuclear cogs, either. Discreet implantation of a logic bomb on high-security computer networks, sabatoging/stealing of fissure-grade materials, leveraging possible moles on the inside for access codes or shipment timelines... there are a lot of under the radar options for the Israelis still.

Do they have to pull it off perfectly? No doubt.

Can they?

That's what remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
answer me this:

how many of Iraq`s road mobile SRBM`s have actually been found since 1991?

Dimona would be targetted ; simple - if israel want to hit irans operational nuclear power stations (yes theres 2) then the reply would be the same.

top topics

join