It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powers That Be, and How the Basics were started!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've spent most of 08-09 studying the Quantum Mechanics/Physics, and have dedicated 09-10 on Persuasion, Manipulation, or whatever you would like to call it, well i'm a Psychology Minor in College, so I know a bit about it for starters, and am fascinated by it.

Through searching online, i've found a little watched video series, that I believe, (since I can't find on ATS) has not been issued here.

It goes from Women feeling they have penis', and tons of others, it's all around 2 hours of different youtube videos, and I haven't watched them all.

I'll be working on embedding for a while if someone wouldn't mind helping.

This, explains so much, especially in the times of Bush Jr. And Obama.

It's mass manipulation at it's best by the big industries. It almost seems as if your individuality, even you goths! Is all pre-organized, and yet another lie made for you to believe.

By having a group of people send a certain message, with a linguistic and well put words into it, you can make irrational things, become rational, and a must have!

I want to see everyones thoughts, if you watch it watch this just one, if you'd like to learn more watch the other 24!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Here's another one, concerning how to implement democracy, and persay, slave a nation.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It has always seemed to me assuming and taking too seriously a label was something best avoided due to the inherent possiblities for exploitation. ANY label be it cultural, ideological, national, ethnological, religious, etc. I think that is what more or less you are getting at right?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

It is not only that, the Organizations fed upon the needs and wants of women in that time, who wanted their own feelings of independence, and MANIPULATED it into a business booming epiphany! By coming up with a well thought out quote, and a small demonstration, they were able to sway the women generation into becoming smokers, as a sense of becoming more menlike, in the ways of being independent!

There, are so many things you can take out of these videos, it's unreal! I keep watching, and keep learning, and keep wanting more!

Whether you like me as an ATSer, i'm sure most of ATS will enjoy these videos, and hate the fact that it's true, but feel a sense of relief of what is going on actually!

The second video explains how we are primitive animalistic peoples, but have somehow over time and/or evolution if you will, supressed these ideologies, then during times of war, they were uncovered, and soldiers could not bare these facts!

Truly shock, I wish I had watched this years ago, or when I first started ATS!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I think it's a basic principle of divide and conquer. Divide a group from the whole of humanity based on differences, accentuate those differences to produce a feeling of exclusive community and then manipulate said group for profit.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Well the whole befuddling thing about it, is no segragetion need occur.

They only need to empower a group with a product, if I wanted to empower blacks, and sell my product, I would tell them they must buy an AIDS awareness phone (THIS IS NOT RACIST JUST STRICT PSYCHOLOGY AS FREUD WOULD USE!) Then blacks would buy the phone and it would be a symbol, but beyond that would build the company up with tons of revenue, which was the ultimate priority!

Blacks and Whites need not segregate just empower, the question is, what do we do when we are all subliminaly seeing eye to eye, that seems like a ton of trouble.

But they've got that covered with the, Newer and better aids awareness phone, a newer better cigarette, (besides the e-cig?) a more and more society, what we're seeing now, these videos explain everything 12-24 almost done with them all!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Learning the powers of perception and manipulation is a fantastic thing to master. It will help you with any endeavor as well as make you aware when someone is trying to manipulate you. Plus, sometimes you can have a little fun with it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
FreeDocumentaries

Easier way to watch Century of Self, plus a bunch of others. The Power of Nightmares is by the same guy, Adam Curtis. Evidence of Revision is also on there, another doozy.

People think I make up stuff like this. I'm not that creative. You can find the books of Edward Bernays on Amazon. The truth is right there yet no one believes me. I don't speak much anymore now.

[edit on 6/12/2009 by TheLoony]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Well for some reason it won't allow me to watch the movie version but i've watched all of the Youtube videos, and it's just a wow factor, although none of it even stinks of balogne, it's all very backed up well concluded evidence and factors!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ah, but differentiating between blacks and white *to use your example but this is true with any division* is at least the start to segregating them. Humans are tribal by nature, we left behind the hunter gatherer lifestyle that spawned the behaviors yes, but we are still to some extent acting out the behaviors that helped make that lifestyle sucessful. Which given our current dynamics is incredibly destructive as you can no doubt notice.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
addition to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Not to mention very lucrative to those with no morals and the ability to manipulate.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That Bernays guy started a revolution in advertising, in fact it seems that it was him that created our modern pop culture. It just goes to show how much some non-technical psychology can do to affect the masses. The mind is a powerful tool, and when manipulated it becomes a great asset of the manipulators. Good thread

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
hey there,

If Psychology is your thing then i recommend this book:

The Black Science

You might find it quite interesting

Love&Light

jacob

new topics

top topics

join