It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst commercials of all time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So i'm setting here (because i can't sleep) watching TV and realized now, more than ever, that there are a LOT of really annoying, overly obnoxious commercials out there.

By worst commercials, i mean the ones that literally piss you off just simply by watching them, not some sort of slapstick "that was dumb, ha ha" commercials....

So what do you guys think? What are the worst commercial(s) on TV?

A few off the top of my head (in no particular order)

1.) Those new "bing.com" commercials. The first time i saw it, i was kind of interested as in "whats going on here?" And after that, it needed shortened by about 45 seconds. Totally annoying, makes you grind your teeth. Thank God for DVR.

2.) Freecreditreport.com commercials. Not necessarily for the douchebag band members, but more for the ignorant message. Knowing what your credit score is will not get you a better deal on anything. Your credit score is what it is, and your knowledge of it will not automatically increase anything. Also, i tried them once, and had to jump through hoops like some deranged circus freak in order to cancel my "trial membership" that started costing me $14.99 a month.

3.) Twix commercials. I'm one of those people who looses their cool when you can hear someone chewing. It's not just a minor annoyance, it's some sort of "i want to frecking kill someone" switch that gets flipped or something....but when they pause so that pretty boy peckerwood can munch on his god damned candy bar, i just want to scream.

4.) Help the poor commercials starring millionaire celebrities. Especially the one commercial that has like 24 different celebrities asking us to donate the money we don't have to a cause not within the states. If all of those celebrities were to be "as generous" - they'd cure 1/2 those children they keep flashing in our faces as some sort of "Feel guilty and make me rich" scheme.

5.) The Dr. Pepper commercial with Dr. Dre. Don't get me wrong, i think Dre is a great artist, and an amazing producer, and the commercial wasn't at all bad until the very end when he has to chime in the 80's gangster idiot "yeayayhH!" like some neanderthal moron. Ruined it for me.

6.) Every progressive commercial ever made. Especially the ones with "Flo" the incredibly annoying ugly girl who wants to spend her money on a "tricked out name tag"

7.) Extenze. Especially the part where the old guy says "and im not afraid to admit it, i liked the increase in size too"

Why would any guy be "embarrassed" to admit that? Now, if it made you SMALLER, then yeah - i wouldn't admit that. But a pill that makes you bigger? Not to mention the horrible acting and lewd innuendo's make for acting worse than the last cinemax skin flick

8.) The nintendo DS commercials that have no name celebrities petting a dog and giggling into the microphone. Really? It's just annoying to set there and listen to them breathe into the mic, then giggle, then wheeze, then giggle, then say "heh that's cute":bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

9.) The brita water filter commercial that simply has some retard pouring water into a glass. Water into a glass is like nails on a chalk board to me (im really not an angry person though, believe it or not...just chewing, water, stuff like that)

10.) I think my least favorite is the "oovoo" or whatever commercials that have the Nerdstrom father in the meeting and his annoying, polar-opposite of cute, daugther won't leave him a lone "Hey Dad, MAKE SOME MONEY"
AHHHH! NOTHING in my life has ever made me want to get up and leave the room faster than that commercial.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The Geico dollar bills with the googly eyes on them.
How do you go from great ideas like the Caveman or the CGI gecko, to this crap? Those ads make me want to claw my eyes (and ears) out....

I actually like the FreeCreditReport.com commercials, catchy tune...but agree with you on the uselessness of the service.

My favorites? The Hulu commercials where celebs are aliens (especially Eliza Dooshku...she could abduct me anyday)....

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I agree with you about the celebrities begging for money. Why don't they dig a little deeper in their pockets? (Because many are a paid spokesperson for the group they are plugging.) I also hate PSAs (Public Service Announcements). I don't need an idiot telling me something I already know.

The commercials for adult diapers and other similar products are embarrassing. In fact, put in ladies hygiene and men's "growth" problems in that same group. I really don't want to hear a group of middle aged men singing about how they love that little pill they take.

I would say I don't like ads for movies, but since they give everything away in the trailer I am saving $12.50.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Does anyone have the name an address of the jackass who came up with the "$5 Foot Long" jingle?

I'm also going to need an alibi ....

... and now for something completely different: (not explicit though it seems to be)

[edit on 14 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you about the FreeCreditReport.com commercials! I LOVE THEM!!!

The worst commercial in my opinion was back in the 80's.

"This is the brainwave of your average 14 year old (EEG scrawling). This is the brainwave of the same 14 year old after smoking a joint of marijuana (slower EEG). When you smoke pot, you don't use your brain!"

DUH! Like anyone thought smoking pot made you a genius! In fact, that's why people smoke it in the first place! It just insulted my intelligence!

Favorite commercial?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The Geico dollar bills with the googly eyes on them.

Yeah, I remember seeing that before an Eagles game.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ugh we had a few really stupid adverts in the UK:

1 was about stringy cheese - All you hear in the background is this stupid voice saying. String String, ugh is soo anoying.

2nd one was about an air freshner, where the son said to his mother, I am going to go and do a poo at pauls. OMG I said to myself, all this over a air freshner pathetic.

top topics

join