It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan mulls law change for NKorean ship inspections: govt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Japan may change its laws to allow its navy to inspect North Korean vessels on the high seas if the UN Security Council approves such a step, the government said Thursday.
"Once the resolution is adopted, we have to clear the issue of enacting a domestic law," to pave the way for naval intercepts by officially pacifist Japan, said Chief Cabinet Secretary Takeo Kawamura.
SpaceWar.com

well, I am sure kim will just love his ships being inspected by Japan.

In fact, I expect another one of his typical, if they do that it will be nuclear war...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm really starting to believe that Japan is the nuclear pincushion of the world.

Russia & China posturing, lightly, against NK in hopes of a metro industrial giant in Japan being targeted and destroyed?

Does the world realize that Japan has enough potential nuclear material at the ready to create as many warheads as the USA or Russia possess? Their concept to fabrication cycle time is the SHORTEST IN THE WORLD. Within a year Japan can retool and exceed the stockpile of all nuclear nations on earth besides USA and Russia COMBINED.

PLEASE! Let's not encourage Japan to effectively increase the world stockpile another 40%. Hands off Japan Kim Jong Il !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Atlantican]

join