It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Determined to find the truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hello,

Been reading the forums off and on for a while now. Awesome site. Awesome Forums!

I am a U.S. Army Infantry Soldier, 14 years and counting. Seen a bunch in my life, but up untill a recent event, I never really knew what to make of anything.

I've been military my whole life, My father served the Army for 36 years, I was sent to Military school at age 13, and entered the Army 2 days after I graduated and have been in ever since.

Often, the news I get is filtered and controlled. 2 tours in Iraq, and I didn't learn of my beloved Baseball Team the Phillies winning the world series for almost a week.

But as I mentioned before, a recent tragic event, a discovery, and a whole lot of research later has opened my eyes to a whole new "layer" of information that is being kept away from us all.

I hope I can post about it soon, but I will have to wait untill i get 20 posts to do so...I am not one to troll and just remark on a random topic, so I will wait patiently to get everyone's analysis of what has been discovered.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellix

Welcome to ATS and welcome to the never ending search for that illusive *I would argue not truly catchable* thing called truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I can't wait to hear more. Will you start another thread or post to this one?
Welcome.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellix

I hope that you are who you say you are and can tell us some relevant information.

Many times there are "military types" that are just wanna bee's that have read a lot of "Soldier of Fortune" mags and just know the lingo and have an agenda and an ideology they want to promote and think being military adds credence to their post/thread.

Welcome!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Always look forward to hearing a soldier's perspective on matters.

Pull up a comfy chair, grab a snack.. and always remember it is o.k. to laugh a little.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Welcome, fellow war veteran. All is not as your government tells you. You have experienced brainwashing, just like I have in the past. It doesn't end, though with your removing yourself from the military, like I did. It continues on a different level. Patriotism is not just going to foreign lands and meeting and killing people your government tells you are the enemy.
True patriotism is about discerning what your government is really trying to do and why, and taking a stand against said government if you truly believe it is on the wrong course. What a waste of time, resources and above all else, human lives, is this Iraq War Part Two. Nothing good comes from all this. Nothing. I look forward to the posts you said you will give us.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Welcome to the jungle my friend.

I've been US Army for 7 years and am currently serving as a Counterintelligence Agent in South Korea.

This is a good place to find information on stuff that isn't normally discussed openly.

Look forward to hearing about your experience and what actually happened.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Hellix

I hope that you are who you say you are and can tell us some relevant information.

Many times there are "military types" that are just wanna bee's that have read a lot of "Soldier of Fortune" mags and just know the lingo and have an agenda and an ideology they want to promote and think being military adds credence to their post/thread.

Welcome!

I can truly understand the skepticism in the remarks that you make. I can honestly tell you I have no ideology to promote. I am simply here to gain some alternative insight into questions I might choose to raise, opinions on events that have happened in My life, and to communicate with people who see this world for what it has become.....

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

In due time I will be more than happy to start a new thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellix
who see this world for what it has become.....

Communication with people is a wonderful thing.

What has the world become?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Communication is a wonderful thing....i wish people would be more receptive to openly communicating on a regular basis.

Sorry for my lag in posts, I was on vacation...ahhh sunny Miami...miss it already!!

For what I can tell, this world is more than what the average joe can perceive. Layers of guarded secrets that guard even more layers. My daily job is to "defend" our country, but I am starting to realize the only thing I am defending is "our country's" desire and ability to have secrets and hidden agendas.

more to follow later.........

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellix

Ok my curiosity is up. Maybe this is about not feeling totally safe to share yet. But if not, what is up and give us data. I hate waiting when someone has something to talk about. So my vote is go for it here!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thank You for your service!

Welcome.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Hellix. I think you'll find quite a few who are either ex or active members in the military (American or otherwise).

I hope the experience posting here will become a true pleasure for you and that the totality of the responses will be enlightening.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Hellix, I hope your stay here is as long and as informative as mine has been.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards,

wupy

new topics

top topics

join